Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
Mr.Dyslexic

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr.Dyslexic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dohc to sohc swap puzzle on 91 240sx

So I found a deal I couldn't pass up but sadly you get what you pay for. Previously owner put a sohc in this 91 240sx don't ask why cause i have no clue why. Anyways in the process he really messed up the harness and the car won't even crank. (Motor will with remote starter switch ) Their are Endless poor connections that pull apart by hand, they are all tangled together, all the but connectors are in the same place making a huge unneat clump. So I have picked up another harness and I'm just starting from scratch vs sorting threw his mess. Anyways everything I can find on the wiring swap says just to do the sohc to dohc wring guide in reverse. Easy enough but not quite detailed enough for me. Is there anything additionally I need to hook up unhook? The harness the guy has wired in checks out besides he has an additional red and green wiring hooked up not mentioned in the guides. Anyone know what these two wiring could be for? It's also a super hicas car and idk if that makes an kind of difference. Any help will be appreciated!
Mr.Dyslexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links