Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
libtech240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone in japan please respond to this...

Hello everyone i am very interested in your expired or used license plate as i think it would make a great addition to my s14. I am in Pennsylvania and i will of course pay for shipping and pay for the plate or return the favor and ship anything you may want from the U.S. not that anything great comes from here other then what japan ships over to us but if you read this please let me know.
thank you very much,
curtis
libtech240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
nippon240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nippon240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In Japan once a car is tagged, it usually keeps the same tag...unless you move to like a different prefecture or something. In order for them to get the new tags, they have to surrender the old tags to the land traffic office (LTO). I used to live there, and I had to pull a fast one to keep mine.
nippon240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippon240 View Post
In Japan once a car is tagged, it usually keeps the same tag...unless you move to like a different prefecture or something. In order for them to get the new tags, they have to surrender the old tags to the land traffic office (LTO). I used to live there, and I had to pull a fast one to keep mine.
bummer, well still if anyone comes across one please let me know
Old 06-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
go to a car show or something and buy one that says "SR-20" or some shit.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
seriously
ebay
they have real ones for like 40 bucks a pair
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

yea im serious im not only trying to get a license plate but also trying to get a direct hookup with someone in japan for some parts such as steering wheels and such and in return i would send them anything they may want from the states...so anyone that wants to stay in contact from japan let me know and i can give you contact info and i would also someday like to make a trip to japan so it would be nice to have someone that knows the where they are going
thanks,
curtis
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yeah ebay. I see heavy truck plates on there all the time.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Plus the fact that its completely illegal...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
is a Y plate ok? j/k they have several companies in the states that make the Japanese novelties licence plate. and to tell you the truth most the stuff right here on zilvia's market place would be cheaper than parts from up garage or wherever. You can pretty much get all the same shit in the states now days or its just parts that are not compatible over there.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Plus the fact that its completely illegal...
ok its not completely illegal where i am maybe if you live in cali or some other state that requires license plates on both front and back but see im thinking of using it as a novelty plate kinda like one that says something like i gonna fuck your mom or ask your gf how my dick tastes you know something to that affect but im looking to get a genuine japanese license plate
Old 06-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #11
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
He's not talking about illegal for you, he's talking about for us. We have to turn the plates in once the car is deregistered or sent to the scrapper.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ggalant View Post
He's not talking about illegal for you, he's talking about for us. We have to turn the plates in once the car is deregistered or sent to the scrapper.
i know someone informed me about this but i thought he was saying it was illegal for me to put it on my car
Old 06-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
OMGZZZZ EvErYtHiNg CoOl CoMeS fRoM jApAn! I wAnTs My 240 To Be So JDM TiGhT! ps can you also send some panties from a vending machine... cause thats also pretty cool oh and gay bukkake dvd's.

thank you,
libtech240sx
Old 06-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post
OMGZZZZ EvErYtHiNg CoOl CoMeS fRoM jApAn! I wAnTs My 240 To Be So JDM TiGhT! ps can you also send some panties from a vending machine... cause thats also pretty cool oh and gay bukkake dvd's.

thank you,
libtech240sx
well i do prefer jdm to usdm so if that bothers you then you prolly shouldnt be on this site, and i have a naVan bumper that has an empty spot for a license plate. oh and as far as the panties go tell your mom i can send them back to her she left them on the door as she tried to walk her fine ass out

so all thanks go to you for coming out of your mom so i can get in

Last edited by libtech240sx; 06-12-2010 at 06:00 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
93slicktoptt
Zilvia Member

93slicktoptt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by libtech240sx View Post
well i do prefer jdm to usdm so if that bothers you then you prolly shouldnt be on this site, and i have a naVan bumper that has an empty spot for a license plate. oh and as far as the panties go tell your mom i can send them back to her she left them on the door as she tried to walk her fine ass out

owned!!!!!(goodbye)
93slicktoptt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:17 AM   #16
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (44)
miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by libtech240sx View Post

lol

c'mon guys, if he wants to buy a jdm license plate, then let him.

why you all gotta flame him? lol

plus, he's just defending himself from the douches that are flaming him for no reason.

.......and

technically when you transfer/sell youre car in cali, you too have to remove your plates and turn them in so the new owner gets new plates.

but a lot of people dont do it even though you have to.

point is...

not everyone does what theyre supposed to lol

maybe someone in japan was like, f*ck it, i like my plates, im keeping them..
months later he's like, shit, i need money...oh well, ill sell my mad jdm plates

*cough *cough

Quote:
nippon240
I used to live there, and I had to pull a fast one to keep mine.
note: not saying youre selling them or that you need money.

anyways...

jpr in el monte, ca has genuine jdm license plates for sale. theyre like 40
Old 06-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miravete View Post
lol

c'mon guys, if he wants to buy a jdm license plate, then let him.

why you all gotta flame him? lol

plus, he's just defending himself from the douches that are flaming him for no reason.

.......and

technically when you transfer/sell youre car in cali, you too have to remove your plates and turn them in so the new owner gets new plates.

but a lot of people dont do it even though you have to.

point is...

not everyone does what theyre supposed to lol

months later he's like, shit, i need money...oh well, ill sell my mad jdm plates

*cough *cough

anyways...

jpr in el monte, ca has genuine jdm license plates for sale. theyre like 40
\

thanks man im glad to see someone knows where i am coming from, and yea its like no one has anything better to do then try and put people down for their idea's i mean im not a fan of body kits but i dont go around flaming everyone selling a body kit or wanting to buy one. I will def. check out jpr and thanks again.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #18
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by miravete View Post
lol

*cough *cough

K lemme explain a couple of things...

1. Us Y-platers, We have to get rid of any cars registered under us, ie selling it and transfering the title, plates stay with the car to do so. Other option is junking the car but we have to turn in the plates to the registration office to clear it off our name. Now, if we somehow decide to "lose" the plates, we'd have to jump thru hoops, make sworn statements and other shinaniguns in order to do so. Just not fucking worth it. Plus the kicker that if they magically find that shit on us while we're leaving...yah, it wont go too well for us. Making false statements, yada yada yada...military usually dont take kindly to liars.

2. People asking for legit plates in the states, how the fuck do you think they get it? Oh thats right, people would steal it and sell it stateside. Sounds like its all fun and games until its YOUR SHIT that gets ganked. Again not fucking fun to get it replaced...

So to the OP, go get it a copy/fake shit from E-bay...none of your ricer friends will know the fucking difference. Leave the real plates in Japan.

PS: You know what, I'm gonna be USDM tomorrow...Imma throw my FL plates on my dash tomorrow and see wussup...maybe I'll get cool points with the gateguard when I roll thru...

SYKE!!!

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

so what your saying is that all the plates on ebay were most likely stolen from cars in japan then sold if thats a true statement that is a fucking dick move and i wouldnt even feel right haveing one from ebay on my car
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #20
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
pretty much GUARANTEE they are stolen lol
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
mrmephistopheles

There's no way they're not stolen.

They're property of the government of Japan. Even if you found one on the side of the road (I have), they're still the property of the GOJ.

If you have a Japanese plate, and you do not have a car registered in Japan with that plate, you're in possession of stolen property. That's the long and the short of it.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #22
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
I had some random plates in the back of one of my car's for a while...I think they were from a car my friend junked and we just never returned the plates, lol...I gotta figure that one out...lol
Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #23
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin' Sam View Post
I had some random plates in the back of one of my car's for a while...I think they were from a car my friend junked and we just never returned the plates, lol...I gotta figure that one out...lol
well get ahold of me man and maybe we can work something out.
thanks,
curtis
Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #24
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

With all this said...i found a plate at work thats stashed in our storage. Asked everybody in the shop and its nobodys...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #25
secondtonone317
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
secondtonone317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ u can buy that plate OP
secondtonone317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
libtech240sx
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
With all this said...i found a plate at work thats stashed in our storage. Asked everybody in the shop and its nobodys...
so what are you gonna do with it? care to hook a brotha up
Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #27
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Haha...not sell it since they screen mail for contraband. I'm not willing to risk my damn military career for fucking chump change...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #28
mrmephistopheles

See if LTO offers a reward for it!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #29
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
ha, they might pay for your parking to return it if you are lucky!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:00 AM   #30
nippon240
Zilvia Member

nippon240 is an unknown quantity at this point
this thread has gone to shit...people that know what they are talking about are being accused of "flaming or hating" on this guy. Not at all...we are just stating facts...for u fanboi's! If you can find one...good on u, get that shit. why does everyone trip on here for such remedial reasons??? he asked a simple question..and people with knowledge answered.....end of story!
nippon240 is offline   Reply With Quote