Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Infiniti to do 4 door sedan based off GTR

Infiniti’s 4Door-Coupe Version of the Nissan GT-R | Carscoop

Quote:
In its latest issue, Japan’s Car Top magazine features a scoop story on a new 4door-coupe model from Infiniti based on the Nissan GT-R. Citing inside sources, the Japanese magazine states that Infiniti’s four-door version of the Nissan sportscar would use a stretched version of the GT-R’s platform. Power would come from the same 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 while the Infiniti would also maintain the GT-R’s highly advanced AWD system and six-speed dual-clutch automated manual gearbox.

While we have no inside information whatsoever to support this story, we must admit that a 4door-coupe version of the Nissan GT-R from Infiniti sound like a pretty good idea as it could serve as the ultimate halo model for the Japanese marque in its quest to win buyers from other (European) luxury brands.
craziiieee , wont that mean this thing will cost a shitload??
Old 07-29-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
nice find. overall, looks sharp. still looks to be mere concept thou..
those headlight a pretty crazy

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Car looks like shit.

All it looks like to me is a gt-r with an extra pair of doors.

Need to proportion everything.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 AM   #4
Fallbrook240

Trader Rating: (0)
Fallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymoreFallbrook240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thought i read something about this like a month or two ago in a respectable auto magazine.. ie.. motor trend, car and driver, road and track.. not sure which i get so many.

seems like a good idea
Fallbrook240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
braingone
Leaky Injector

braingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to braingone
That's one big lip in the back, not sure if I like it or not. it's pretty bold though.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
i've always loved 4 door skylines,

Like Monkey's Blitz Skyline has to be one of my fave's
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #7
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am happy as long as we keep getting more RWD 4-door cars. Come on toyota!!! Share the love!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #8
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
that would be pretty sick.

pics for the lazies

allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #9
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
look how big those front calipers are!!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool. By the looks of that thing they are going after the BMW 7 series crowd and beyond.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I had hopes that this was going to happen, but too many responses from Nissan say that it isn't happening.

They have said numerous times that the new Q will be their flagship.

There is plenty of room in Infiniti's line-up for it though.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
idk about u guys but i like it
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #13
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Lazy Photoshop peoples

Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #14
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yes, people please don't confuse this with anything actually from Nissan/Infiniti. The pics you see above are only renderings done by a Japanese magazine.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #15
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
sounds like all they have from their inside info is a guess that there will be a 4 door GTR.. then had their art department steal some material, make some chops and sell some magazines..

it's called hype... don't get caught up in it...

I'm awfully cranky today... just had to pay the tax man... this post was not endorsed by myself
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
Yea, there was speculation about this car like....6 months or more ago. The Nissan came out bluntly said it's not going to happen. Who knows though.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
stiizy
Post Whore!

awh i would rock a four door in a heartbeat
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #18
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I like it!! Its just too bad that they're already saying no so far to it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #19
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
eh... I actually think its looks decent!

although, the rear end does look a lot like the CLS-class benz... awesome!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #20
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Meh. If they made it it would probably be decent... doesn't look bad.

Sounds like it's not happening though.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #21
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Hmmm the mating of the GTR's sport, with infinit's luxrury, with the right stlying def sounds like win to me, too bad Nissan said no,
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #22
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
If this DID go through with Nissan, I'd say it would be a direct competitor to the current Mercedes CLS.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
If this DID go through with Nissan, I'd say it would be a direct competitor to the current Mercedes CLS.
Yea I was thinking of that too......also the Porsche Panamera.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #24
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
the porsche panamera is horrid looking
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
the porsche panamera is horrid looking
I agree. I dislike it more then the Cayenne.