Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Brandon240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Brandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choicesBrandon240sx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Difference in auto and 5 speed tranny dust plate

Does anyone know what exactly the difference is between the auto tranny dust plate and the 5 speed?? What would make the auto one not work with the 5 speed? Could I rig something up to cover the little opening?? I don’t want to risk having a rock or something shoot up in there. People say run it without. I’d rather have something there just to protect the tranny. I live in ny and if road conditions and weather were better here, I’d have no problem running it without. Don’t want to take any chances though. Finding a new one is impossible, finding a used one is very hard, so I’m trying to figure out what my alternative would be/what I could rig up to work. Maybe make a plate out of a piece of sheet metal?? Somehow make the auto one work with the 5 speed tranny?? Any help will be appreciated. Save the “just run it without” posts. I know I can run it without and most likely won’t have a choice but to do that, but I am trying to feel out all of my options before the tranny goes in my s13
Brandon240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links