Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
garretttyler65

Trader Rating: (0)
garretttyler65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New build sr20det

Hi so I'm a bit of a noob on the forums, and had a few questions on the sr20det swap, but I'll make a long story short.

I have a 240sx shell with no rust, everything in place (steering column, gas tank, 5 lug pattern on tires), but I'd like some advice from some people who are more experienced with the sr20det swap. What exactly do I need to install it, (wiring harness, engine mounts, etc). I'm gonna be putting in the engine with an experienced mechanic who I know pretty well, but I want to make a list before I get everything to his shop. Anything would help, thanks!
garretttyler65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Go check out the build section, SR20's have been dropped in to S13's a million times and reading through builds is a great way to see how everything goes together and see issues others have had while doing this swap.

Basically though, the swap just drops in. All of the mounting points are identical to get the motor/transmission in the car. You'll need to modify/replace the wiring harness, modify the chassis to accept intercooler piping and if you want to be pro-active replace gaskets/hoses to ensure you aren't hunting oil/coolant leaks once the motor is in the car.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:16 AM   #3
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
there are too many steps and parts for me to name off the top of my head, but as you start to consider what you need come back and check with us.

most sr20det's need basic maintenance parts that should be new before swapping.

add water pump and oil pan ( they're usually dented from the engines sitting)
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote