Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-13-2024, 05:39 AM   #151
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Build update / life update soon.
Don't think I've been sleepin.

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2024, 11:28 AM   #152
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeeeeeesssss looking good bro
Old 04-16-2024, 05:06 AM   #153
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm very fortunate to be able to use my work for certain things, and my boss is incredibly good to our entire team. Grabbed a new long block, tore it down, sent to machine shop for .020" over bore, deck, hot tank, crank balance etc. Hot tanked my head, oil filter housing, etc as well. Brought the machined block to work and painted it.

From there, brought it to Travis' house for assembly. Block is basically the same as previous:
-King Bearings
-ARP Main / Head Studs
-Manley Rods
-Wiseco Pistons
-Cometic Head Gasket

Swapped over to GKtech engine mounts, because I like some more comfort as I get older. They recommend using the factory heat shield on the exhaust side, and I didn't have that so, Travis made me a custom one. Mounts needed a little spacer anyways as they were a little shorter than my previous mounts.

Right before the previous engine blew up, I went to Sema for work, where Turbosmart revealed their new turbochargers. I was planning to upgrade this winter anyways, so I grabbed a Turbosmart 5862 with the v-band .82ar hot side. Additionally, grabbed a Artec manifold, and a Turbosmart Compgate 45. The day after the turbo arrived to my desk at work, I sent out the compressor housing to lsp_polishing (on instagram). James is a wonderful person to work with, and his work speaks for itself.

I always had old dirty hardware, so I hopped onto Belmetric.com and grabbed new hardware. The front timing covers now have matching yellow zinc coated bolts, with 8 or 10mm heads.

Travis also made me the MOST GANGSTER coilpack bracket for my LS coils. @precisionspeed_llc on instagram for that stuff.

My previous coilovers were bought used in 2014. Scooped a set of BC DS with 8/6K swifts at work, and a set of coilover covers.

On a Wednesday, Travis came and got the car. On Friday we put the engine in, Saturday it was running, Sunday I drove it back home.

The following day, I closed on a house.

Aside from that, I have about 250 miles on the build - and can't wait to make some fucking boost.

Thanks for lookin'
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:47 AM   #154
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Absolutely love it, hard work pays off in the end. Great Job !!