Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ZacKisBacK_Fr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with my LS swap!

Hi,

I have a LS with an ECU that was in a S13 before, I got it from a guy that owed me money to make it short and it is supposed to be a LS from a 2004 GTO.Now I need to make sure of this as what we had that is supposed to be the harness is an awful mess and the colors doesn't seem to match at all with what it should be...
I'm in France so the knowledge here about those engines is near zero, so I try to get some help here.
It's written 241 on the head so it should be a 5.7 LS1 but I need to get a wiring diagram or anything that could get me start this engine!

Thank you for your help, let's see the pics as my english so great.

In the car

Any idea?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Bump it, any help would be much appreciated!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Well, more than 80 views and not a single post.... well, thank you guys, I'll find a way....
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
google the code on the ecu
google the code stamped into the block
google the code stamped on the head

If they all come from the same engine then youre good. If not you might want to consider getting a wiring diagram and seeing what is different
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Go on chasebay.com, buy a new harness.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

The worst advice I had.... keep those useless comments to yourself, I really though I would get some help here, but let's face it, zilvia is full of kids and guys that are so high on their self estime that they wouldn't even bother to help, this forum is just to brag around how low and slow your damn KA engined with no hp but 4000$ wheels Silvia is.... I hate this hellaflush fad...
So to the guy advising to buy a harness from chase bays, go and buy one yourself!!
For googlin the numbers I could find, you really think I didn't think about that?!?
Anyway, I found a way with people willing to help, not like in here....

So thank you Zilvia for those great advises and the great help this forum has been... pfff...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #7
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So you want ppl to help but as soon as someone "helps" you bitch them out cuz its not the spoon fed information you want?

There only a hand full of LS swapped chassis here so dont be suprised that nobody is blowing up your thread with information.

Plus if I wanted info on a LS engine I think a Nissan Based site would be my second choice, I would probably ask the LS enthusiasts

This sound crazy but if you remove the black case from the ECU there should be a info sticker on the other side that im pretty sure google will bring something up.

But im kinda hoping that you dont come back cuz we dont need rage babies on here that throw a fit when they dont get the flavor food they like.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #8
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Mouarf!!! U mad Bro, U got some huge dished wheels on your slammed Silvia? ;-)

Another great helper, You call those previous posts help? Come on.... but at least you gave something to look for, wich I did and found out what this damn engine is in the meantime...

So at least, thank you for trying! And keep your lame comments to yourself bud, I don't need you to tell me how I should deal with this or this site, or whatever..., was asking for some help on a specific subject. Not that I care too much about what you think, but man, you just gave the typical Zilvian reply!

Cheers bud!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^^U MaD BrO? Sounds like you're the one who's butt hurt cuz nobody spoon fed you answers.

How about this for an idea? You can always look up all the LS build threads on here, PM those folks about who did their wiring, might get lucky and hit somebody who's done it themselves and have them hold your hands. But more than likely, most of those folks had a shop do their wiring harness.

And holy shit...you're reading the V8 Faq thread. Congrats!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Jay Gadsby
Leaky Injector

Jay Gadsby is an unknown quantity at this point
silviav8forums.com :: Index

You will find all you need there. 241 Heads are LS1 heads. And you have an aluminum block out of an 04 GTO. All signs point to LS1. For more in depth LS information, try out HOME | LS1Tech.com
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

In fact, I did all of this and found some nice guys that gave a hand, shared some of their knowledge about this swap and this particular subject. I'm far from being butt hurt bud!
I just thought it would be a lot easier for you guys in the US to know those details as you have a lot of those engines around so seemed a good try to ask here, but hey, nevermind!
No need to spoon feed, or whatever you call that, I was just asking for help, thinking it is what this forum is about, but I can see I'm damn wrong, not a big deal also...
I had a nice help from a guy with a LS swapped Z regarding his accusump set up, he was kind enough to provide a lot of very helpfull info about this, thank you bud btw!!
In fact, I did not want to bother some of the guys here with PMs and so on, so I choosed to post this, thinking some of them would shime in! But this didn't happen...

So nevermind, I found a way to solve this, and I now know that I won't find any good reply to a technical question in here, just guys coming and saying the same bs about how I need to be spoon fed and so on... Just that I already try to understand all of this crap as English is not my mother's tongue, but, anyway, who cares?!?

Thank you for your help anyway, at least, I did get some replies.....

Cheers bud! ;-)
Old 06-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Yep Jay, I did post in the V8silvia forum too!! I was thinking about doing one on LS1tech too, as the guys there seem to be very helpfull and they have a great knowledge of those engines that nobody has in my country.

Thank you for the details, I think I now know what all of this is!

Did any of you used a DIGIDASH Lite II from ETB Instruments? ETB Instruments - DigiDash2 - LITE
Old 06-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #13
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I can help, but I rather not spoon feed you. I dont have time for that so look on silviav8forums.com you will have everything you need to know and more .
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Well, no thanks then....never asked to be spoon fed!
Is that your new word that you all like or what? Anyone asking anything is asking to be spoon fed from your point of view? Funny la!!
What's the point of this forum then?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #15
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
By spoon fed they mean you asked for a wiring diagram instead of using google. because you are lazy or don't know about google. I hope it is the former....

How to Solder
Maybe this will have enough pictures and big print for you....

This is from google. wiring ls1 to s14.

240/LS1 swap questions and wiring - LS1TECH
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

As I told you, I'm not English, so most of the things I'm looking for, even on google do not give any good info as I might not use the correct words for describing what I need, but it's a lot easier to think I'm just lazy or making me look like a tard... thank you....

That LS1tech thread couls help!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #17
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
The reason no one wants to help is because you are being a asshole.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Great!! So move on man, go on another post as I thought you had no time, your great knowledge is not needed here, neither your insults!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
so why the fauk are you on an American thread with an American motor and a Japanese car.... do yourself a favor and all other car enthusiast a favor and sell your sh!t and go buy one of your sh!tty fiats so you can call one of your dealerships for info
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
s13livin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
s13livin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
this makes me sad, most of you are probably grown adults acting like 5 year olds
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #21
reallygood101
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
reallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
ls1tech and silviav8forums are the 2 big sites i went to get help with the ls1 i put in my s14, and i did bug the shit outta some people on here with questions through PMing them. on a different note dont come into a nissan based forum and thinking we all know alot bout ls1 based motors but good luck with the car
reallygood101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #22
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

Honestly, I thought that it would be a piece of cake for you guys to give me a hand on this subject, thinking that most of the people here would have a great knowledge of those LS engines, so I gave it a try. I can understand that I was wrong seeing the replies I can get here, my bad....
For those that actually gave some advice and things to look for, I would like to say Thank you as this gave me some tips to help with my build. I'll give a try at LS1TECH!

For the others, well, you know....

Anyway, I found a lot of nice guys willing to give a hand in the UK and even in the US, so I should be fine from now on.

Once again, thanks to those that tried to help and didn't act like racist kids!!