Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
1Badhatch
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
1Badhatch is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ls1 swaps with ka radiator ???sss

Anyone who has done the swap in there s13 or 14 with a ka radiator can u take a coat hanger bend it to shape and give measurements of each bend so I can go buy the right hoses please
1Badhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #2
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...-hose-kit.html

or check this link for info on parts store hoses

http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/...er=asc&start=0
Old 05-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Be careful with the KA radiator on the LS swap. . . the inlet and outlet for the hoses being on the same side of the radiator means coolant doesn't spend as much time in the radiator.

If you can, go SR radiator since the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides of the end tanks.

Hope that makes sense. . .
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 AM   #4
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
If you absolutely want to stick with a KA rad, get a good dual pass one.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #5
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm using a mishimoto KA rad on my swap. It's not really holding up to the task. The mishi design is supposedly a cross flow but it seems like a basic down low. The side with the inlet/outlet gets scalding hot and the driver side is almost cool to the touch. I've added an oil cooler, ceramic coated long tubes, and top cooling panels. Hopefully it works out. If you haven't already bought a new radiator, then check out this one:

http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo....KOYO-RH020539N

Koyo dual pass with inlet and outlet on the same side.

I plan on upgrading to this soon.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
I'm using a mishimoto KA rad on my swap. It's not really holding up to the task. The mishi design is supposedly a cross flow but it seems like a basic down low. The side with the inlet/outlet gets scalding hot and the driver side is almost cool to the touch. I've added an oil cooler, ceramic coated long tubes, and top cooling panels. Hopefully it works out. If you haven't already bought a new radiator, then check out this one:

http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo....KOYO-RH020539N

Koyo dual pass with inlet and outlet on the same side.

I plan on upgrading to this soon.
Hello shaggyjake

I'm very sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with the performance of your radiator. If you need any assistance please contact us direct at [email protected] and we would be happy to help. Don't forget, every product we make is backed by the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.

Have a great day
-Jake
Mishimoto
Old 06-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #7
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Be careful with the KA radiator on the LS swap. . . the inlet and outlet for the hoses being on the same side of the radiator means coolant doesn't spend as much time in the radiator.

If you can, go SR radiator since the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides of the end tanks.

Hope that makes sense. . .
wow interesting... never thought of that myself

good info
Old 01-04-2018, 11:28 PM   #8
Relentless240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
Relentless240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
The koyo RH020539N looks nice. Too bad theres no
Npt built into tho. Even the sr20 Koyo has them.
Do the s14 fan mounts fit on this radiator?
Relentless240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:09 AM   #9
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I have a Godspeed 2” KA Rad with mishimoto slim fans. I think the hoses depend on the kit. With my CX Racing kit like the one the OP has, there’s not enough room for any pre bent hoses. I’m using stainless steel tubes with odd ballends to make up the diff.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:31 AM   #10
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

alwaysnboost is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a KA rad from Mishi on a built LS. NO issues at all.
alwaysnboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #11
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnboost View Post
I have a KA rad from Mishi on a built LS. NO issues at all.
You’re also New Jersey Area, which I bet doesn’t get close to the ambient temps on the west coast.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
cclark
Zilvia Member

cclark has made poor choicescclark has made poor choicescclark has made poor choicescclark has made poor choicescclark has made poor choicescclark has made poor choices
I have the Mishimoto KA Rad and Fan shroud, with the Mishi swap hoses. I've fabricated the Mishi Water Temp Sensor Adapter fitting to bypass the LS steam port.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #13
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

I have a Godspeed radiator with mishi slim fan and shroud. So far not impressed with it, need to play with fan speed and when they come on during tune then I’ll decide. For now I have an added SPAL pusher fan on the front.