Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
kpjo4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kpjo4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drifting and Autocross insurance

For the people on here that hold their own events such as drifting or autocross who do you use for an insurance company for the motorsport event? I've been searching through this forum and Google and really can't seem to find a definite answer. Thanks mates! Trying to get the motorsport scene around the central Texas area more coverage, people tend to have to drive 3-5hrs for an event that they cannot afford since they're starting out in the scene and trying to get their foot in the water. I have a small location with a lot size of 7 acres that could help a lot of drivers with transitioning skills; the location is around a military base full of auto enthusiast that are trying to get into the sport, I'm not looking to earn any sort of monetary profit but truly just offer a place where noobies can learn some technical skill and get some seat time legally.
kpjo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #2
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You will want insurance unless you want to loose your 7 acres and anything else you own. I would also consider forming a LLC to protect yourself even more. Will make insurance easier.
How far is this place from civilization? Medical staff is also something you may want to research. Maybe required by insurance or make your insurance rate cheaper.

The sad reality is that there are a lot of idiots and litigious people out there and you have to protect yourself. It will make the events more expensive but, the drivers will understand its to protect the future of the events.

Sent from my iFad using Crapatalk
Old 10-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't see why waivers wouldn't work in lieu of insurance.

EDIT: Completely naive thought, I'm just curious.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
I don't see why waivers wouldn't work in lieu of insurance.

EDIT: Completely naive thought, I'm just curious.
Wavers are usually required by the insurance company. They aren't worth the paper they are printed on if you don't have a lawyer to back them up when you get sued.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's a novel idea. But do you know how much does it cost just to pave just for one acre? We are talking hundred grand easily. Much cheaper to rent. Then the permit , laws and on and on. Suggest you talk to the mayor and business council in your area. Good luck .
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 AM   #6
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Honestly it will be much cheaper and easier for you to try and rent out a small track for a day maybe once a month. I don't know all the serious info behind the scenes but I know here in AZ we have a group that rents a local go-kart track the first weekend of every month and usually stays around 80 dollars per driver. The track will already have everything you need and you are basically paying them to use their services(insurance and medical crew) more than actually paying for the track itself. It's also great for the go-kart guys, they love when we leave fresh sticky rubber all over the track haha. It's a small track but you'd be surprised how much better you will get having such tight corners and we have a few 60 mph entry corners surprisingly for such a small track.
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote