Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #11521
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
They just announced the CX5 with the 2.5t in it (same 250hp 310ft lb tq as the CX9 that I have, which is pretty damn quick)
I really wish they offered a more powerful engine in the CX-5 years ago. The only strike I had against it, albeit a big one, is that it couldn't tow it's way out of paper bag.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #11522
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
still depressing...

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/49862?fbc...eJ3fW00ajSySlI

use google translator in your web browser

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #11523
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nissan screwed us on the IDX Nismo but thankfully Forza Motorsport still gives us the opportunity to "drive" it. IDX Nismo with Wisefab and 800hp RB swap singing to 9K rpm, spitting blue and orange flames out the sidepipes on decel. Screw the Rocket Bunny kits; someone needs to make an S-chassis IDX conversion kit so we can finally live out our dreams.

dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:35 PM   #11524
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
well the IDX was built on an S15 so it would be do-able with a lot of CAD work and a 3d printer...

Old 11-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #11525
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ehhh.... aren't all s-chassis wheel bases around the same? I would say that rear glass looks more like a s13 coupe rear glass (I realize it's not). I doubt it can be that difficult for someone with enough sheet metal and fiberglass experience to reproduce or come close to that body shape based on an s13 coupe.
I mean, I can kind of see it
Old 11-19-2018, 01:14 AM   #11526
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
S13 coupe is too wide IDX was narrower. They used S15 underpinningas in suspension engine drivetrain. From remembering seeing it in person it was narrower than both a s15 and S13 as they had it parked next to a Datsun 510 to show off the heritage of the linage. While people want to praise Silvia’s . Silvia’s did not really come into their own in the phenomena department till the S13. S12’s were raced amd sold amd there were previous generations but Bluebirds aka 510’s were a force to reckoned with in racing all over the world.
3 cars from that time period were legendary from Nissan , Hakosuka GC10 Skyline GTR, Fairlady Z aka S30 240Z and the Bluebird PL510.
Silvia’s of that era did not bring home as many trophies for Nissan world wide as even one of these 3 did.
The brilliance of the IDX was the way they managed to marry the love of the later greatness of the Silvia and the earleir PL510 into one homogenous homage to both platforms.

So to build one one would have to some some serious cuting to S13 chassis and then develop a kit to be attached. Its been done with other cars . Not unfeasable but not cheap to develop and no one would do it unless they knew there were serious sales.
Plus the kit car era has kinda of come and gone as Federal crash safety standards made it much harder to pull off a street legal kit car these days.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:36 AM   #11527
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That thing is still so dope to me.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #11528
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
And while Ghosn was saying F U to all us enthusiasts and IMO ruining Nissans reputation, he was also screwing the company and using their assets for his personal use. Well he’s going to jail.

https://jalopnik.com/nissan-ceo-carl...ial-1830533123
Old 11-19-2018, 06:42 AM   #11529
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
And while Ghosn was saying F U to all us enthusiasts and IMO ruining Nissans reputation, he was also screwing the company and using their assets for his personal use. Well he’s going to jail.

It's happening. It's finally happening! Hit the road, jack!

Might be a good time to look into grabbing some Nissan stock. It was 17.95 USD +0.020 (0.11%) on Friday. Wonder what it's gonna look like this afternoon...lol
Old 11-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #11530
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:

At last perhaps someone with a voice of reason will step in.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #11531
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:

whoa! thats a bit shocking... i hadnt heard anything about this yet.

honestly, that was a stupid move on his part. these big wig CEOs pulling crap like this not only disappoints me, but actually kind of scares me that this sort of greed goes on. its not like theyre not getting paid enough to do what they do, but they have to go off and hide shady deals to make even more money... pffft, that guy is an idiot!

Old 11-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #11532
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Good one Tapatalk...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by [240sx]; 11-19-2018 at 11:46 AM..
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #11533
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I told everyone that would listen he was a fucking snake.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #11534
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Fantastic news!

I don't blame him for being greedy, but you'd think he'd be more careful. I hope Jim hackett goes to jail next.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #11535
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Fantastic news!

I don't blame him for being greedy, but you'd think he'd be more careful. I hope Jim hackett goes to jail next.
I would approve of that!

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #11536
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So, how do I buy Nissan stock again?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #11537
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Download fidelity create a ira account....buy stock...profit
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #11538
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Even under new leadership, I wouldn't hold my breath for nissan to give us a new s-chassis or anything of that nature. The crossover and EV's have proven to be the way of the future, sadly. We'll be lucky if we get a Z update and the gtr stays around for a while (not like I care about it, or anything new for that matter, I've decided to stay in the past...).
Honestly I think someone should do a one-of idx project on a coupe and see how that goes, even if the specs aren't on point. It may inspire companies to develop a kit, who knows. Bolt on front end and a custom weld on rear end. I mean, I'm not really a big fan of it, but doing these cheap shops is kind of messing with my head. Fuck it, doing it just for the hype. At the end of the day, done right it can't be worse than that RB boss kit or that blue hatch on the DIW thread xD

Old 11-27-2018, 09:02 AM   #11539
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So the new G70 is the real deal. An actual better 3 series. I like that the said that it’s better but with no asterisks. Like the ATS is a better handler but...and the G37 felt better but...There’s no but to this, it’s jiat better. Intrigued.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/gene...r-of-the-year/
Old 11-28-2018, 09:40 AM   #11540
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

OT af but this thing is going to sell like meth in a Tennessee trailer park.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-jeep-g...you-1830696134

Old 11-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #11541
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It's the most unjeep abomination I've ever seen. Twice the length it should be. Eight inches wider than it should be. Way more interior than it should have.

I can't wait to see one hit a speed bump too fast and death wobble into a parked car.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:20 PM   #11542
feito
Nissanaholic!

Humvee meets jeep. I actually kind of like it. Too bad quality will be crap, just like anything else chrysler...
Old 11-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #11543
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
So it's a 4 door Scrambler?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:09 AM   #11544
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Text my buddy a link:

Him: I like it
Me: it’s broken in that photo

Regardless, it’s going to sell in droves.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #11545
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I'd prefer this.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #11546
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
So it's a 4 door Scrambler?
I believe the Scrambler is Unibody, whereas this is body-on-frame.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #11547
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I'd prefer this.

Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #11548
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I'd drive it. I've already got 3 cars that are all 40+ years old, so there might be a bit of bias.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #11549
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

This thing looks awesome if I’m being honest.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #11550
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the future of racing... dead silent cars

no exhaust noise, no engine noise, just the noise of rubber on pavement and thats about it