Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Fenrir

Trader Rating: (0)
Fenrir is on the path to ruinFenrir is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FS: IL: 1997 240sx SE $6k obo (repost due to deadbeat buyer)

***REPOST DUE TO DEADBEAT BUYER***

Looking to sell my 97 240sx SE. It has roughly 95k miles on it (95,055 at the time of this posting, and I won't be driving it much), engine runs perfectly, very well maintained. Lots of pics here: http://www.rirnef.net/images/car/. The car has a few issues that need to be addressed:

1) The body kit was VERY poorly installed by the previous owner, and when I bought it, he neglected to tell me that it was held on with naught but zip ties, so it had fallen off. I've since bolted it in place, but there's a big crack on the front bumper, and the rear bumper has cracks on the sides where it was loosely attached to the fenders. There's no damage to the car frame, just the bumpers. They sit fine now, and have been properly secured, but would probably need to be replaced to keep you from looking like a goober driving around. The car comes with the stock sideskirts and rear bumper, all 3 pieces in good condition.

2) Due to a short in the gauge cluster, I had to buy and install a new speedometer, which shows the miles at 18X,XXX. I HAVE RECIEPTS, DOCUMENTATION, AND PICTURES PROVING THE CAR HAS 95K MILES ON IT.

3) Lastly, the car IS a salvage title. The previous owner got into an accident with it, and his insurance didn't cover the repair to the front passenger side fender, so it was wrote off as a wreck. The car has since been repaired (whole fender was replaced), the frame is straight and there's only minor damage left on the front crossbar (can see in the pics, kinda). The car drives perfectly straight, and doesn't have any issues due to the accident.

I bought the car as a daily driver, but it's become more of a project car that I don't have time or money to work on. It makes me sad, because with not much effort this car could be turned into something beautiful. There's virtually no rust anywhere on the car, nothing on the frame or underbody.

Mods:
Nismo struts/springs ($1500 installed professionally, part #5300S-RSS40US)
Exedy stage 1 clutch
Focuz Carbon Fiber Exhaust (dunno price, seems ok, some no-name brand, sounds flippin awesome though, gonna post a vid later if I can get some interest in the car.)
Unknown brand cold-air intake. (can see it in the pics)
Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Head Unit
Dual Speakers (prolly the $40 ones from best buy, sound -ok-)

Asking price: $6,000 Firm - No longer in a rush to sell. No low-ballers please, don't waste my time. You'll have a hard time finding a car WITHOUT a salvage title that's in this good condition. Lots of care and money went into fixing it up to get it the way it is.

The car runs and drives perfectly, it just has a few things that make it kind of annoying as a daily driver that I don't have the time/money to fix right now (ironically, by the time I sell this, almost everything listed here will be fixed. Only thing buyer will have left is a headlight alignment and the body kit if they want it replaced). Open to trades, mainly looking for a 300ZX non-turbo (turbo is fine too, though) or any other S14's. I love 240's so much, but this one is just out of my budget

I can be reached on weekdays after 5, and anytime on the weekend at 847-624-2338 (cell), or my email (sent to my phone, so I'll get it immediately) fenrir at rirnef dot net. Thanks in advance for reading a lengthy post, hope to find this car a nice home!

Last edited by Fenrir; 01-28-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
trade me.
5spd swap it.
and ur good to go.
101k miles.
2+2
stillen - headers, exhaust, ecu, intake.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
trade me.
5spd swap it.
and ur good to go.
101k miles.
2+2
stillen - headers, exhaust, ecu, intake.
I hate red though :P
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
bees
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
bees is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
good deal! haha, only if u were in socal!
bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #5
Fenrir

Willing to ship at buyer's expense.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
paint it white.
bump for you chitownerr
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
paint it white.
bump for you chitownerr
No money to paint a car right now. Half the reason I have to sell this one.

1st bump. No interest at all?

Car is in very nice condition, spent over $4k on it. :X
Old 01-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
Not_Nissan
Zilvia Junkie

Not_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of lightNot_Nissan is a glorious beacon of light
free bump...i like it
Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
Fenrir

Bump for a boring work week. Will post a video tomorrow of the car in action.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
someone said this had a salvaged title is this true?
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Axelson View Post
someone said this had a salvaged title is this true?
Yes, I stated that very clearly in my OP. It has a salvage title from a minor accident, and the owner of the car at the time had crap insurance which didn't cover the damage, so it was totaled and auctioned off.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
wow i was thinkin it had a clean title not to be rude but isnt that a little high?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
Fenrir

I don't think so. The car is in very nice condition, and like I said, the salvage title is because of crappy insurance, not because of anything really wrong with the car. I've put over $4k into the car to get it into the condition it's in, so I don't think I'm asking too much. I've seen cars with clean titles that aren't half as nice as this one.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #14
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

but it is still salvaged so i would not be able to insure the car itself. and of course theres some cars that have clean titles that arent haft as nice as this one but they can sell for 1000 or less... if you diside to lower your price let me know.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #15
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

do you have any new pics of car now? cause the ones you have up are old ones Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #16
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
it boggles my mind why you think a salvage title is worth 6000

1500 dollars installed for nismo struts and springs? you got jipped i see them go for like 200-300 and installing them is cake

good luck with sale regardless
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #17
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

this is how much your car would be worth IF it had a clean title.

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=
Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
damn. wish i had $6000.
another free bump for local seller.

thats right im to fast...better not forget it

Last edited by 2fast4y0u; 01-31-2008 at 07:29 PM..
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
Fenrir

Please stop flaming my price. If you don't want it, don't post. Like I've stated about a hundred times, the salvage title is because of an insurance issue, not because of any real damage to the car. As for KBB values, take a look around, 240's almost NEVER sell for KBB because they're so rare and aought after. And again, you'll have a hard time finding a clean titled 240 that's in as good of condition as mine.

As for the nismo's, this is what they are: http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=2449

Find me them new for 200-300, then start flaming.

IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED, DON'T POST.

Quote:
Do not trash someone's item they are selling just cause you didn't like it and also do not go in and flame a person because they are asking too much. Use the Private Message to send them a constructive message. You post will be deleted if you cant post anything constructive. Simply do not post if your not interested in the item thats being sold.
Read the forum rules before posting please.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:51 PM   #20
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ummm....i wasnt flaming at all.
i was actually suprised that you were selling for $6k.
like i said, i wish i had an extra $6k becuase i would buy your car. but i just spent a shit ton of money on other things.

apparently you get bad rep when u free bump someones good deal

So, sorry i gave you a free bump as well.
GLWS
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #21
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

dont get me wrong im interested (and have cash) but i dont want to buy a salvaged car for way more then its worth...
Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #22
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

and sorry i dont mean to flame you about the price i just want it to be a fair price for the car your selling. Thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 08:01 PM   #23
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4y0u View Post
not to thread jack you or anything, but whos the tough guy that gave me negative feedback for being "to fast for them"?
haha... not me
Old 01-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
Fenrir

I fully believe the car is worth $6,000. Come out and take a look at it and decide for yourself. I'll get some newer pics up tomorrow when it's light out, but not much has changed. It sits pretty much how it looks in this pic here, but with the stock rims (gold ones come with the car, just need tires): http://www.rirnef.net/images/car/new/P1010026.JPG

I still don't know what you mean about insurance, I had 0 problems getting it insured with very nice full coverage.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

your a 3 and 1/2 hour drive ):
Old 01-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #26
Fenrir

Heh, could be worse. I'll take a ton of pics tomorrow, weather permitting. Here's a short crappy quality video taken with my cell: [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=70yKpekyPPw[/ame]

Yes I know the rear license pate light is out, I got a new one I just have to put it in :P

It's a bit dark, but you can see the damage to the rear bumper from the idiocy of the previous owner if you look closely. I'm looking into buying a new kit for the car, so probably by the time I find a buyer it'll have a new kit on it.

Also, the car no longer has the reverse glow gauges, but they'll come with the car if whoever buys it wants them, or they're for sale for like 40 bucks if anyone wants them. They work fine, but they don't fit on the new cluster I got because of a different styling.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #27
tschad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
tschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wanna trade my 96 tails + cash for your 97 tails?
tschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #28
Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschad View Post
wanna trade my 96 tails + cash for your 97 tails?
Erm, not really. 96 tail lights are fugly compared to 97 :P
Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #29
luvsr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
luvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to beholdluvsr20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luvsr20
wow so i guess ur not trying to showme the car, i hit u up on friday when i was in grayslake and nothing...so whenever you're trying to show the car let me know
luvsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #30
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i lolled at someones craiglist post in regards to your car

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/car/555663053.html
Quote:
dude, don't drink the water in the bong, your heap of shit with a salvage title and fugly body kit is worth no more than $4k. remove head from ass.
did you do someone wrong?
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote