Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Misc & Accessories

Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #31
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
of course,

order on the site or give us a call

Chase Bays Power Steering Kit - Nissan 240sx w/ LSx - Nissan 240sx - ChaseBays.com

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #32
skyline331
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (25)
skyline331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Really nice kit and p/s cooler.
skyline331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #33
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
put this in the other thread, before I saw this... obviously...

questions:
1. Wouldn't an aluminum reservior get hot?
2. All parts in stock, and will ship together?
3. new designed reservoir correct?
4. New lines right?
5. This deletes the p/s sensor? is that a stressor on the car or system? In terms of breaking something else?
6. also trying to decide if I should get the cooler as well since I never had it before, why should I need it now?
I was looking at the power steering kit for the KA, Mine just started leaking a week or two after I detailed the engine for 3+ hours GGGRRrrrrr... I have been looking through threads on this kit/company. Seems like little issues here and there. Hoping these are all worked out. Thanks. just for info car is 97 kouki with 88.6K on it all stock except inner/outer tie rods.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #34
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah we had a couple issues, I guess its to be expected when you're doing something no other company has

The issues were promptly fixed! And the kit is flawless now.

Now for the questions:

1. Wouldn't an aluminum reservior get hot? It gets heated, not enough heat to do harm or change performance under normal conditions. Doesn't your engine get hot? Our reservoir has a tiny pinhole on the cap, and is a cooler in itself

2. All parts in stock, and will ship together? Correct. Everything is currently in stock ready to ship.

3. new designed reservoir correct? Correct. Its simply extraordinary. Theres a lot of R&D in this piece!

4. New lines right? We wouldn't do it any other way

5. This deletes the p/s sensor? is that a stressor on the car or system? In terms of breaking something else? Not at all. Actually, most of the power steering sensors on your cars are no longer working. The sensor just changes your idle 50 to 100 rpms up while steering at idle.

6. also trying to decide if I should get the cooler as well since I never had it before, why should I need it now? 90% of our customers do not purchase the cooler with the kit. I would recommend it for a road race or drift car that will be out on the hot pavement for extended periods of time. With drifting, its usually fairly short runs and by the time it would get heated enough to hinder performance you're headed to the pits.

Hope these answered your questions. Let me know if not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
put this in the other thread, before I saw this... obviously...

questions:
1. Wouldn't an aluminum reservior get hot?
2. All parts in stock, and will ship together?
3. new designed reservoir correct?
4. New lines right?
5. This deletes the p/s sensor? is that a stressor on the car or system? In terms of breaking something else?
6. also trying to decide if I should get the cooler as well since I never had it before, why should I need it now?
I was looking at the power steering kit for the KA, Mine just started leaking a week or two after I detailed the engine for 3+ hours GGGRRrrrrr... I have been looking through threads on this kit/company. Seems like little issues here and there. Hoping these are all worked out. Thanks. just for info car is 97 kouki with 88.6K on it all stock except inner/outer tie rods.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #35
skyline331
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (25)
skyline331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Sent you a private message. Get back to me please.
skyline331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #36
Relentless240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
Relentless240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Can i still keep the stock resevoir location without having issues with the lines. Got sr20 in s14
Relentless240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #37
cjmirabal1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cjmirabal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a ca18det in a sohc s13. Been needing ka or sr dohc lines to have ps. Will this kit work?
Which one will work on my set up, sr or ka?
cjmirabal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #38
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

@ Relentless240 - You can still keep the stock location or use the one that we used on our 240 either or.

@cjmirabal1 - You will need our CB-N-PSK4 kit

If you have any questions or need anything else let me know.
Thanks,
-Logan

[email protected]
205-623-2188 ext.1
Add us on Facebook
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Old 09-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #39
caglej
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
caglej is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So if I purchased a kit with the older parts, will you swap them out if I send you the cores?
caglej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #40
yodc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
yodc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by caglej View Post
So if I purchased a kit with the older parts, will you swap them out if I send you the cores?
x2

The newer ps tank is MUCH nicer!
yodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #41
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Yeah we had a couple issues, I guess its to be expected when you're doing something no other company has

The issues were promptly fixed! And the kit is flawless now.

Now for the questions:

1. Wouldn't an aluminum reservior get hot? It gets heated, not enough heat to do harm or change performance under normal conditions. Doesn't your engine get hot? Our reservoir has a tiny pinhole on the cap, and is a cooler in itself

2. All parts in stock, and will ship together? Correct. Everything is currently in stock ready to ship.

3. new designed reservoir correct? Correct. Its simply extraordinary. Theres a lot of R&D in this piece!

4. New lines right? We wouldn't do it any other way

5. This deletes the p/s sensor? is that a stressor on the car or system? In terms of breaking something else? Not at all. Actually, most of the power steering sensors on your cars are no longer working. The sensor just changes your idle 50 to 100 rpms up while steering at idle.

6. also trying to decide if I should get the cooler as well since I never had it before, why should I need it now? 90% of our customers do not purchase the cooler with the kit. I would recommend it for a road race or drift car that will be out on the hot pavement for extended periods of time. With drifting, its usually fairly short runs and by the time it would get heated enough to hinder performance you're headed to the pits.

Hope these answered your questions. Let me know if not!
Yes that answered all of my questions. got some new ones though.

1. yes my engine gets hot, but since the aluminum reservior is, well, aluminum, shouldn't it get hotter than the stock one? And It's my DD so if anything spirited driving will be it. Just trying to figure it out.

2. how is the install? unscrew this, that, and this, drain here, Then

3. with the pinhole in the cap, does it leak out from there?

4. "Also, theres no need to turn your wheel left to right when idling " I find myslef noticing when I do turn the wheel when dling more now than ever before thanks to this comment. Like when I am pulling out of a tight spot, or parallel parking, getting out of a driveway. should I give it gas when it's struggling lol?

5. And the copper washer is gone now correct? that was the part that was causing the leaking in the earlier version correct?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #42
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

? just waiting still.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #43
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
^or just call them...

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #44
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

closed... :/ called today. besides I would rathe rhave them answer here in case anyone else is wondeering the same thing about the product. HOPEFULLY they will use the search button
Old 09-19-2011, 03:38 AM   #45
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
How much for the kit minus the high pressure line s13 and s13 sr
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #46
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caglej View Post
Depends, our 4th re-design of the reservoir had the issues. Send us an email with which one you have to verify.

[email protected]

Quote:
Yes that answered all of my questions. got some new ones though.

1. yes my engine gets hot, but since the aluminum reservior is, well, aluminum, shouldn't it get hotter than the stock one? And It's my DD so if anything spirited driving will be it. Just trying to figure it out.

2. how is the install? unscrew this, that, and this, drain here, Then

3. with the pinhole in the cap, does it leak out from there?

4. "Also, theres no need to turn your wheel left to right when idling " I find myslef noticing when I do turn the wheel when dling more now than ever before thanks to this comment. Like when I am pulling out of a tight spot, or parallel parking, getting out of a driveway. should I give it gas when it's struggling lol?

5. And the copper washer is gone now correct? that was the part that was causing the leaking in the earlier version correct?
1. You have nothing to worry about as far as heat. NASCAR uses Aluminum Power Steering Reservoirs.

2. http://www.chasebays.com/content/downloads/ChaseBays240sxPSKitInstallGuide.pdf

3. This is answered earlier in the thread, the reservoir has internal baffles. No leaks from this.

4. I think you looked too deep into that. I was meaning as if you were sitting at a stop light turning left and right because you were bored. Sorry for being unclear. Your car will NOT die, and you won't have to worry about this at all. Unless you have some electrical problems, as stated earlier in the thread. But you would already be experiencing issues if so.

5. In some cases it was. We just changed the fitting on the low pressure side to a straight cut instead of o-ring.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #47
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
How much for the kit minus the high pressure line s13 and s13 sr
-$69.99 Call us or email to place an order for this.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #48
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

called and reached vm. But How do you know when it's the pump/reservoir/ or lines? I found the leak. Little bit from the reservoir, but the dripping is coming from the back of the pimp. Not sure if it's the pump itself or the hose itself.. Also I have more lines than in the directions. Are yall missing some lines? My car is a stock s14 ka. Is the pictured directions for another engine s13 sr? s13 ka? etc.

last questions I swear. haha. for now...
Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #49
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
^Geez dude...lol

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #50
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

i know man i know. I tend to over think things.... besides I'm testing there customer service or their nerves lol.

but think of it this way. if someone else has the same questions their covered
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #51
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
called and reached vm. But How do you know when it's the pump/reservoir/ or lines? I found the leak. Little bit from the reservoir, but the dripping is coming from the back of the pimp. Not sure if it's the pump itself or the hose itself.. Also I have more lines than in the directions. Are yall missing some lines? My car is a stock s14 ka. Is the pictured directions for another engine s13 sr? s13 ka? etc.

last questions I swear. haha. for now...
If you called when we were closed you have to leave a VM

Im not sure what you're asking. Did you order our kit and you're saying you received more lines than in the instructions?

Just know you will get a much faster response via email or phone (during biz hours) We try to check this everyday but sometimes there just aren't enough hours

Old 11-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #52
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
how much for long black line with an fittings, and new cap? line broke on install
Old 11-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #53
eli-s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
eli-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Got the kit with the cooler came in the mail last week top notch product. I wondering if u had any suggestions on how to mount the cooler though? Thanx

Last edited by eli-s13; 11-05-2011 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: delete
eli-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #54
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

A picture for ya. I ditched the stainless bracket deal and fabricated this mount for a factory location mounting. I also took about 6" out of the low pressure return and the feed line was perfect length to wrap around and under my hotpipe. Still doing my mockup so nothing's painted.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 11-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #55
reallygood101
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
reallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
got mine and it looks so good cant wait to install it, just got to get a new pump and ill b set, and also thanx for the fast shipping and awesome customer service
reallygood101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #56
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
how much for the powering steering kit for a 1991 240sx ka24de shipped to 23503
thanks
qwikspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #57
eli-s13
Zilvia Member

eli-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need suggestions on how to mount the cooler.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by eli-s13; 11-06-2011 at 01:06 AM..
eli-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #58
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

the picture wasn't for you. But for the cooler why not slide a hex head cap screw down the slot there?

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #59
Drftr915
Zilvia Junkie

Drftr915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do a group buy
Drftr915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #60
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

That bracket looks good!

For the cooler, a hex screw works. Zipties is what we did on our car. =)

All PM's replied, thanks!