Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #121
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Sure, Andy does installs all the time and that would be a simple install fee from us.

I personally dont do the soldering and chipping, just the tuning and tech support on the program, however my question to you is why? They are the same ecu arnt they?
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #122
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
my question to you is why? They are the same ecu arnt they?

+1, aren't they kinda the same? like S13 SR ECU's? even if they're auto/manual...

also, if you don't mind me asking sidewayZ, how much did you pay for that ECU?
Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #123
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Sure, Andy does installs all the time and that would be a simple install fee from us.

I personally dont do the soldering and chipping, just the tuning and tech support on the program, however my question to you is why? They are the same ecu arnt they?
Well i was told they are the same ECU but i know the black WC is a newer model zenki SR whereas the red WC is the later one which came with my SR. I feel more comfortable having the ECU that came with the clip chipped rather than a different one.

If i were to send out the daughter board and the ECU that came with my SR you would be able to solder in the 20+20 way header for me? Also would you be able to flash it to the specs i have no so i can at least drive it around? Or would it be possible to not even have the chip installed in the ECU so it still acts like a stock ECU and when I'm ready to get it tuned just pop that bad boy in?

Sorry if I'm not making sense. Would you be able to PM me with the price! Thanks a million!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
+1, aren't they kinda the same? like S13 SR ECU's? even if they're auto/manual...

also, if you don't mind me asking sidewayZ, how much did you pay for that ECU?
Nope, i don't mind at all. I paid $350 for this ECU.
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #124
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewayZ-s14 View Post
Nope, i don't mind at all. I paid $350 for this ECU.
i paid $433 shipped express direct from PLMS... you know that board that you want swapped into your ECU? they're like $150ish from PLMS...

if you paid that much for the ECU you should just use that one...
Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #125
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i just wanna throw in some positive feedback, i love my nistune, its wonderful. when they say its hondata for nissan they are 100% right except i find it to be a lot easier to work with than any of my friends hondata systems
Old 10-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #126
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
i paid $433 shipped express direct from PLMS... you know that board that you want swapped into your ECU? they're like $150ish from PLMS...

if you paid that much for the ECU you should just use that one...
To be honest i want to use the ECU that came with the clip.
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #127
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

send it my way
Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #128
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey we're a little late on our local forum in hearing about this and

trial
trial

it says is expired, can you provide an updated login so we can check it out for the week

thx

Dave
Old 10-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #129
4bangers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so I'm reading up on this thread as I need a system that I can tune my s14. Basically, I have a s14 SR engine zenki with WC ecu, z32 MAF, and everything else is stock engine.

What do I need to buy for the nistune set up?

If I want to send in my ECU for nistun to mount a new board on the ECU, where do I send it to?

Is there a US headquarter of nistune that I can call and buy stuffs rather than having to contact Australia?

Thanks
4bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #130
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post
hey we're a little late on our local forum in hearing about this and

trial
trial

it says is expired, can you provide an updated login so we can check it out for the week

thx

Dave
Have you had it installed before? It only works 1 time meaning once you open and close the program it stops working. It is fully functional within the program being opened under the trial however.

Is there any way you can try it on a different computer? This method of opening the trial version is still the correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bangers View Post
so I'm reading up on this thread as I need a system that I can tune my s14. Basically, I have a s14 SR engine zenki with WC ecu, z32 MAF, and everything else is stock engine.

What do I need to buy for the nistune set up?

If I want to send in my ECU for nistun to mount a new board on the ECU, where do I send it to?

Is there a US headquarter of nistune that I can call and buy stuffs rather than having to contact Australia?

Thanks
I dont use this thread for my sales, but since you did ask if there is any shops in the states the answer is yes. I am actually the US distributer for NIStune, we have the best prices in the states and we do our installs in house.....

As far as what board you need can you give me the part number on your ecu? It would be either a type 3 or type 4. I believe the s14 had 2 different types of ecus out if Im not mistaken. I personally dont do the board programming or installs so Im not the best person to ask but Andy (co owner with me) does that stuff. I mostly offer the online and phone support for the software itself and I do the tuning for the cars we have come through.

What you will need is the correct type board for your ecu, the software license, a consult cable, and installation. Check out our site for some details on package deals. AutoVaughnPerformance.com
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #131
xX5Tb0nE7Xx

xX5Tb0nE7Xx is an unknown quantity at this point
I have recently installed NIStune on my 240 with redtop sr swap but I cannot connect with the consult port. I checked all the connections and they are getting power, Ive tried it on different base images, the drivers are installed correctly I have no idea why it isnt connecting.

Any ideas? Thanx
xX5Tb0nE7Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #132
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

are you able to connect to the ecu but not the board? If so it sounds as if the jumper was not moved. Who did the install?

I really need more info. What cable are you using? Your consult port has to be properly wired in too. You say all of the connections have power, but not ALL of them are supposed to have power.

Please be very specific and I can help.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #133
xX5Tb0nE7Xx

I had my friends dad do the board install. Its a type 3 board with PLMS consult cable. I dont think I am connecting to ecu at all.
He tried moving the jumper but it was lost somehow so he soldered in a wire to cj2. could this be the problem?
Also I only get power to all wires when key is on and the consult cable is plugged in.

Thanx for the help
Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 AM   #134
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Have you had any issues with stalling? Either on idle or coming down off load?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #135
Darksun280
Leaky Injector

Darksun280 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got there type 3 board package. Great customer service. Went out of his way to get my board back to me quickly as well. Wish I was close enough to them to get a tune
Darksun280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #136
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I have a enthalpy tuned ECU and consult cable from BLAZT, can I just buy this software and tune my ECU.
And what is this BS about user license and stuff LOL. I can only tune 3 different ECU's
What's the price of the software?
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #137
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX5Tb0nE7Xx View Post
I had my friends dad do the board install. Its a type 3 board with PLMS consult cable. I dont think I am connecting to ecu at all.
He tried moving the jumper but it was lost somehow so he soldered in a wire to cj2. could this be the problem?
Also I only get power to all wires when key is on and the consult cable is plugged in.

Thanx for the help
It could be an install problem, or a jumper problem. It could also be a driver problem. Did you make sure to not plug the cable in before installing the driver? That messes things up bad and a piece of paper comes with the cable telling you not to do so and has installation instructions.
Another possibility is you need to tell nistune which com port your using your cable on, or you need to have auto detect selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksun280 View Post
I just got there type 3 board package. Great customer service. Went out of his way to get my board back to me quickly as well. Wish I was close enough to them to get a tune
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashiriya415 View Post
I have a enthalpy tuned ECU and consult cable from BLAZT, can I just buy this software and tune my ECU.
And what is this BS about user license and stuff LOL. I can only tune 3 different ECU's
What's the price of the software?
Short answer is no. Your ecu is not real time tunable and would need to have either a NIStune board or calium rt board on it. I dont know what kind of daughter board enthaply uses or if it is encrypted but if its a standard board you could buy emmulators and a chip burner (better off just getting a rt board) and possibly tune that way.

How the license works:
You can tune 5 different ecus and up to 3 different address files. So for instance you could do 2 s13 sr's, 1 ca18det, 1 sohc ka24, and a vq30dett and that would max out your license. Or you could do 5 vq30dett's and that would max out your license. See what I mean? Chances are your not going to go over your usage and if you legitamatly do they will work with you (NIStune) or you are making money off your tunes and you can afford to upgrade to the tuner version which is unlimited.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #138
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
OP - i havent had a chance to visit Nistune forums in forever... just wondering if theres any updates t othe software i should know...i got my software bout last yr february-ish...

Type 1 board for a CA18det...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #139
xX5Tb0nE7Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESone3 View Post

I put a z32 MAF in while getting nistune installed and it doesnt run at all. it tries to but cant keep the revs up and i am throwing a MAF code. i double checked all the wires they seem correct Im thinking of putting my old MAF back in and trying that.

And 4x4le I did the driver installation as the paper said it seems to work i will try selecting auto detect and try it again.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #140
xX5Tb0nE7Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESone3 View Post

I also do remember before I did all this when the engined warmed up it would stall either with the clutch in or while in neutral once in a while if that helps with anything.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #141
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
I put a z32 MAF in while getting nistune installed and it doesnt run at all. it tries to but cant keep the revs up and i am throwing a MAF code. i double checked all the wires they seem correct Im thinking of putting my old MAF back in and trying that.

And 4x4le I did the driver installation as the paper said it seems to work i will try selecting auto detect and try it again.
have you adjusted for the bigger maf readings?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #142
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
^^ I did, :P
Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #143
xX5Tb0nE7Xx

I couldnt adjust because I never got nistune to connect with my ecu, but i did throw my old one back on an it got me to work and back that way and ran fine so Ill play with it more tomorrow when theres daylight.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #144
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
this may be a dumb question, but can Nistune compensate spedometer reading for different gear ratios(5th gear change, j30 rear end)?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #145
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
with nistune can you get rid of your MAF and convert over to MAP?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #146
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
OP - i havent had a chance to visit Nistune forums in forever... just wondering if theres any updates t othe software i should know...i got my software bout last yr february-ish...

Type 1 board for a CA18det...
Each software expires after 90 days and you have to download a new one then. Usually it is just small bug fixes for newer ecus they made avabiable anyways. I always wait until I am prompted to update.

Quote:

dont auto detect the usb during the driver installation. Search which com port your plugging the usb in and then tell nistune that is the com port your using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
this may be a dumb question, but can Nistune compensate spedometer reading for different gear ratios(5th gear change, j30 rear end)?
on your laptop yes. On the speedo no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
with nistune can you get rid of your MAF and convert over to MAP?
no
Old 04-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #147
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Each software expires after 90 days and you have to download a new one then. Usually it is just small bug fixes for newer ecus they made avabiable anyways. I always wait until I am prompted to update.
ohh awesome so next time i try an open it itll ask to update and ill be ready to go...sweet...

Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #148
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

and just so you know, its not going to lock you out the first few times. It will remind you, but you can hit ok and still tune away. I think it will let you do that like 5 times or so before not allowing you.

This is mostly for people that illegally download it, and for people that share their registrations with everyone. You will get caught and your software will no longer work. Even the person that paid for it and gave it to everyone and their brother.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #149
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

no worries...i just havent had time ot use it...so technically theres like 3 or so updates ive missed out on, are the updates going ot dowload in one time, or each on its own?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #150
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

you can select any of them that are newer than the one your currently using. I always just grab the newest one.

I havent noticed any bugs in the past year or so. It was different though when this was brand new.