Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #15031
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
$200 too much for front z32 brake calipers? Some guy is trying to sell them and don't want to get ripped off.
Can anyone help?
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #15032
ronny.jpn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ronny.jpn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
Can anyone help?
Nope thats good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
ronny.jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #15033
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by maces13 View Post
I did a f fender wire tuck and now my headlights are stuck in different positions and one on n one off. My blinkers don't work either. All my wiring checks out. I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Any ideas??
Clean the headlight switch if you haven't already, it causes the headlights to fuck up. If that doesn't help and it only happened after you did something wiring related then obviously it has to do with wiring. Check your fuses too but you probably pulled a connection apart or sliced a wire or something. Go over it again, there's not really anything else it could be.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #15034
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
does anyone know if the s13 sr coolant bleeder screw is the same as a kade or kae bleeder screw
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #15035
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've gotten home only to find the bleeder screw was different - NO they are not necessarily the same. Depends on the manufacturer.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #15036
xs420240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
xs420240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
with a tuned ecu for larger injectors, could you theoretically use larger injectors than what the ecu is tuned for and turn down the fuel pressure via adjustable fpr to get the engine to run correctly?
xs420240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #15037
Seatown213

Seatown213 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a quick question, I need a chassis harness (the imder dash, fuse box, and headlight portion) for my s13 and I found one for sale and I wanna get it before someone else does, but does any one know if it matters if the car the harness is comming from a dual or single cam? My s13 was originally had a dual cam, would it matter if the harness came from a single cam? Are they any different is what I'm asking I guess?
Seatown213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #15038
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs420240sx View Post
with a tuned ecu for larger injectors, could you theoretically use larger injectors than what the ecu is tuned for and turn down the fuel pressure via adjustable fpr to get the engine to run correctly?
You'd have to define correctly... U could get it close to how if ran before it was but def not perfect. If ur gonna do that just temporarily, like to get it back on the road I'd say ya but get it retuned for your new (bigger) injectors ASAP
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #15039
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
I thought no matter what injectors you have, the fuel pressure stays at 43.5psi with NO vacuum? ~35ppsi with vac.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #15040
ronny.jpn
Zilvia Junkie

ronny.jpn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
I thought no matter what injectors you have, the fuel pressure stays at 43.5psi with NO vacuum? ~35ppsi with vac.
I'm pretty sure you are correct.
ronny.jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #15041
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
Clean the headlight switch if you haven't already, it causes the headlights to fuck up. If that doesn't help and it only happened after you did something wiring related then obviously it has to do with wiring. Check your fuses too but you probably pulled a connection apart or sliced a wire or something. Go over it again, there's not really anything else it could be.
Thanks bro. A loose wire was stuck in between the headlight and the manual cylinder to open them. The top was spinning 1/4 spins back n fourth and was hot as fuck (don't know the tech name for it) I unplugged everything and started over and now the work fine. Idk why I missed that the first time around
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #15042
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
My subframe bushings are pretty shot (from the feel of the ride, hopping wheel/hard shuddering on normal clutch engaugement, general clunking and rattling from the rear end when there should be none, etc) but I'm not really in a position where I can drop the subframe off, or use a press.

Am I properly understanding subframe collars, as something that I could slip above the mounting points without entirely removing the subframe, just leave the driveshaft on and take out the mounting bolts to drop it enough to slip the collar on?

Any suggestions for products, or techniques?

This is an s13.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #15043
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Am I properly understanding subframe collars, as something that I could slip above the mounting points without entirely removing the subframe, just leave the driveshaft on and take out the mounting bolts to drop it enough to slip the collar on?
Yes.

Loosen the 4 bolts as far as you can, put the tops between bushing and frame rail, bottom between the bushing and the washer.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #15044
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
Yes.

Loosen the 4 bolts as far as you can, put the tops between bushing and frame rail, bottom between the bushing and the washer.
So it's no biggie?

Any suggestion on brand/value/good website to buy? Wanting quality, but not at an obscene price.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #15045
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
My subframe bushings are pretty shot (from the feel of the ride, hopping wheel/hard shuddering on normal clutch engaugement, general clunking and rattling from the rear end when there should be none, etc) but I'm not really in a position where I can drop the subframe off, or use a press.

Any suggestions for products, or techniques?

This is an s13.
don't waste your time with those. They only delay the inevitable. Change them and be done with it.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #15046
Boosted92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Boosted92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Are the JDM and USDM Kouki front/side bumper retainers the same? I know the bumper support themselves are different, but I cannot find anything about the retainers. Sites like The Nismo Shop don't specify USDM or JDM on their Kouki bumper retainers - so I assume they are the same.

Also are the pieces that connect the bumper to the chassis the same for USDM and JDM? The pieces I am talking about are the white ones in this picture:

Thanks!

2006 Holden Monaro - 700+whp ; 2014 Holden Commodore SSV - 400whp

Last edited by Boosted92; 10-01-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Boosted92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #15047
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
don't waste your time with those. They only delay the inevitable. Change them and be done with it.
I thought they basically stick a ring of solid bushing in between the subframe and the mounts, and cut the bushing out of the equation?

I just don't currently have the means to do the whole job.

STANCE Aluminum Subframe Collar Set For Nissan 240SX - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC

It does say if your rubber is in good condition.... but why? Doesn't it entirely bridge the bushing, and effectively make it solid?

As it is, it gets in the way of everyday driving, like pulling out of a stoplight. There's a specific way the throttle and clutch have to interact, or I look like I don't know how to drive standard. So it is a probelm that needs addressing, but I don't have the space, time, or equipment to get bushings out of something as huge and heavy as a subframe.

*edit* and if those don't eleminate the bushing movement, are there any that do? It seems like it should be possible to have a collar that effectively makes it totally solid. I've also seen people talk about poly inserts that are not total replacements, and seen aluminium "inserts" that don't look to be as thick as the full bushing, but like bulkier collars without the slip-on gap. I'm up for any combination of things that will let me leave the current bushings in, but get the subframe stiffer than stock.

*edit- fuck the normal knockoff brands, how about these: https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s...ars-nissan-s13

Last edited by mechanicalmoron; 10-02-2013 at 12:14 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #15048
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Anyone know if the valve covers for KA24DEs differ between s13s and s14s? Or are they a straight interchange
Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #15049
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo1222 View Post
Anyone know if the valve covers for KA24DEs differ between s13s and s14s? Or are they a straight interchange
They differ.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #15050
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They differ.
sheeeeit, thanks mang.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #15051
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Has anyone tried to get their car insured and when they check up on your car and look at the odometer, but you have a JDM cluster. Do they care?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #15052
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
^Depends if the emissions testing center you go to notices. If it has less miles (assuming they don't notice km on the cluster) than what is on your current title they'll know something is up and give you a mark on your new title indicating the odometer is incorrect (usually box C or something along those lines..don't remember exactly)
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #15053
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by maces13 View Post
Thanks bro. A loose wire was stuck in between the headlight and the manual cylinder to open them. The top was spinning 1/4 spins back n fourth and was hot as fuck (don't know the tech name for it) I unplugged everything and started over and now the work fine. Idk why I missed that the first time around
The technical name is called a 'short to ground' that allows voltage to freely move through the rest of the circuit, unchecked. This situation normally is found due to it's overheating and causing fuses to pop, but occasionally it will get hot as fuck(this IS the correct technical term ) and start a small electrical fire at the source.

You may want to replace those wires that got heated up. That excessive heat condition more than likely caused insulation breakdown and will find a way to short itself later on, or the wire will break inside the insulation, causing a real bitch of a ghost in the machine to find, and prior knowledge of, oh yeah, that was the wire that got hot will not be available in your brain until you have spent a few days and hours trying to figure out what is wrong
Old 10-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #15054
slidins13s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
slidins13s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anybody use rims with big negative offset to drift with? or is this bad? Because I have a widebody and hate keeping 7 or 8 inch wides on all the time to drift because it's ugly. Wondering if i could get some 8 wides with negative offset to look good drifting?
slidins13s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #15055
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
I have ave 3 s14 USDM ecus. I really just need to know which if any is 97-98 automatic. I can't look at the part number on the last two at the moment but i don't think either part numbers match up with the Jim wolf ecu list either so that's why I'm asking.

1)3c - a18b92g00 I know this is 95 manual
2)j6 ?
3)wm ?
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #15056
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
^Depends if the emissions testing center you go to notices. If it has less miles (assuming they don't notice km on the cluster) than what is on your current title they'll know something is up and give you a mark on your new title indicating the odometer is incorrect (usually box C or something along those lines..don't remember exactly)
might more or less depend on where you live, in NYS at least, anything 10 years or older is exempt from needing an odometer reading on the title (they probably assume if the salt hasn't done your car in yet, it wont be long lol!)
Old 10-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #15057
drftngs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drftngs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need to switch out the lights in s14 cluster, figure mine as well do LEDs. Few threads have mixed results, s14 cluster take 194's? x3? thanks
drftngs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #15058
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I thought they basically stick a ring of solid bushing in between the subframe and the mounts, and cut the bushing out of the equation?

I just don't currently have the means to do the whole job.

STANCE Aluminum Subframe Collar Set For Nissan 240SX - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC

It does say if your rubber is in good condition.... but why? Doesn't it entirely bridge the bushing, and effectively make it solid?

As it is, it gets in the way of everyday driving, like pulling out of a stoplight. There's a specific way the throttle and clutch have to interact, or I look like I don't know how to drive standard. So it is a probelm that needs addressing, but I don't have the space, time, or equipment to get bushings out of something as huge and heavy as a subframe.

*edit* and if those don't eleminate the bushing movement, are there any that do? It seems like it should be possible to have a collar that effectively makes it totally solid. I've also seen people talk about poly inserts that are not total replacements, and seen aluminium "inserts" that don't look to be as thick as the full bushing, but like bulkier collars without the slip-on gap. I'm up for any combination of things that will let me leave the current bushings in, but get the subframe stiffer than stock.

*edit- fuck the normal knockoff brands, how about these: https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s...ars-nissan-s13
Basically they just stop the clunk. You still get the movement cause your bushings are still rubber. You'll get a month of time with these before the noise get's worse and you have to change the bushings. The only correct way to fix the subframe bushings is with new bushings. The collars just get rid of the gap so it doesn't make noise.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #15059
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidins13s View Post
anybody use rims with big negative offset to drift with? or is this bad? Because I have a widebody and hate keeping 7 or 8 inch wides on all the time to drift because it's ugly. Wondering if i could get some 8 wides with negative offset to look good drifting?
It makes no difference.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #15060
slidins13s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
slidins13s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
It makes no difference.
That's what I fiugred but I cant even seem to find any 8 wides with negative offset.
slidins13s is offline   Reply With Quote