Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #121
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
so not wanting to have a hangover and being responsible doesn't make you a real drinker?

what pray tell is a real drinker then. not to flame, but you have the same mentality that many of these young kids do who go out and chug 3 4lokos in 2 hours, because they want to be a "real drinker"
Come on, dude!

You know as well as I do that in the world of competitive drinking you either go big or go home.

If that means depriving your body of one of its most vital and essential substances then so be it.

I mean, how else are you gonna win beerfest?!
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #122
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Come on, dude!

You know as well as I do that in the world of competitive drinking you either go big or go home.

If that means depriving your body of one of its most vital and essential substances then so be it.

I mean, how else are you gonna win beerfest?!
back on topic.

just cracked open a lemon-lime Loko. holy shit ive been missing out. easily the best tasting 4 loko in my opinion.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #123
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
That article is horrible. The (legal) 18 year old college kid drinkers over here don't vandalise campuses, kill themselves or kill others any more than any other binge drinker? Smells like propaganda.

Obviously 21 year olds won't experience blackouts, drunken injuries or diminished work performance. They're 21 after all. Damn those pesky students having fun with their lives!
I chose that article because its on a government website, and pretty much every effect of caffeinating an alcoholic beverage can be acheived by an alcoholic beverage alone. In other words, the caffeine isn't doing very much. Except providing a scapegoat for irresponsible parents.

In every article people are blaming the makers of four loko for making underage kids doing stupid things. The problem is little kids getting their hands on alcohol, today its four loko, after they change it they'll go back to other malt liquors, or whatever the stupid parent of the day is willing to supply.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #124
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
^ disagree.
Im 34, and the LOKO is different then any other night.
gotta watch for the hangover though.
drinking hobo piss will catch up with you in the morning.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #125
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Sig'd.
Although, I agree with the point Dan is making there.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #126
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
I dont.

If I pound a double latte, or a red bull, i am much more likely to be a chatter box, and hyper and spontanious at work.

caffeine works.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #127
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammikeol View Post
yes sir, and i'm curious too see what happens in the outcome. i just got done drinking some schnapps (55%+), a few different kinds and all i can say is four loko is just overrated, its a cheap drunk, but not anymore dangerous then any other high % alcoholic beverage. how about some diesel 153% corn liquor, why isnt that banned.. regardless, its a whole bunch of retards underestimating good effects and overrating the the bad ones. its your average 12% liquor, get fucking used to it and quit crying for gods sake. :ussies at finest::
What is so hard to understand here? It is not the amount of alcohol that is the issue. A bottle of vodka has more alcohol than four loko. The issue is all the caffeine in it. All that caffeine keeps you from feeling drunk, so you drink even more. Why do people call it 'blackout in a can'? Because they drink a can, and then continue to drink, not feeling really drunk, and then the caffeine wears off and all of a sudden they feel the full effects of all the alcohol. People end up drinking much more than usual because they don't feel as drunk. That is why people keep getting alcohol poisoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
I don't understand how it's possible to even ban a specific brand of product.
The brand isn't being banned, the FDA says companies can't add caffeine to alcoholic drinks. So the manufacturer is taking the caffeine out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Personally, I think it gets so much hype because it's popular with younger people, but it doesn't seem anymore dangerous than any other caffeinated alcoholic drink, except for maybe that it actually doesn't taste bad?

All of these kids are trying to act like Four Loko does something different than normal alcohol... But it's really the same except you're not tired. You drink too much, you black out, you wake up naked in someone's bed... Pretty sure the same thing happens with any other drink in excess..

I do enjoy the Four Loko though.
No, it really is different. If it didn't have the caffeine, you would get drunk much faster.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #128
Waylayer

Waylayer is an unknown quantity at this point
So now kids will just spike their starsuxx coffee with their parents alcohal and then everyo one will blame obama for change.

Wtf?
Waylayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #129
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Quote:
^ disagree.
Im 34, and the LOKO is different then any other night.
It can be different, but not dangerous. A few years ago before people had caffeine in their drinks, teens were binge drinking, with intent to get drunk. Whether you feel it or not isn't going to stop people in that mode of drinking.

The teen-20 crowd shouldn't have the option of blaming it on the ca-ca-ca-caffeine baby because they shouldn't even have hands wrapped around these colorful cans.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #130
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Obviously much of this is reactionary on the FDA's part...

...but what about coffee flavored or infused beer? I do enjoy a nice coffee stout...and there has got o be a degree of caffeine in them...makes me wonder if they would be 'banned' as well in the event this was enacted? Kind of unfair huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
I chose that article because its on a government website, and pretty much every effect of caffeinating an alcoholic beverage can be acheived by an alcoholic beverage alone. In other words, the caffeine isn't doing very much. Except providing a scapegoat for irresponsible parents.
I still do not believe that it's all based upon the alcohol content...the amount of caffeine is astounding and most certainly plays a big role in the 'after effect' of the drink.

I may not be the wrolds best drinker, but I do drink quite a bit of big boozy craft beers...and sometimes many at once...to date I will even admit that a 4loko effects me much differently than anything else.

FWIW: We mixed some Luksosowa vodka with the lemon lime last night for a mixed drink...it's some wild stuff, as you really can't taste the vodka. We promptly named the drink Ecto Cooler.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #131
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
just as we've been told plenty of times

"drink responsibly!"
Old 11-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #132
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
ugh lemon lime 4 loko gives me a tummy ache in the morning

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #133
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Tried it Sunday night, drank 3/4 of a lemonade flavor and couldn't finish it. Shit is gross but highly effective.

"Beware of hangover"
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #134
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

I may not be the wrolds best drinker, but I do drink quite a bit of big boozy craft beers...and sometimes many at once...to date I will even admit that a 4loko effects me much differently than anything else.
I don't disagree with you on that, but I know I'm buzzed after one. I think the only thing keeping people from realizing their level of intoxication is a lack of experience. The same lack of experience a lot of us had when we got drunk before, and the same lack of experience that will threaten the lives of the next generation of underage drinkers.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #135
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
............ I think the only thing keeping people from realizing their level of intoxication is a lack of experience..................
This.

Then mixing a drink that speeds your heart rate up and makes you act like you have ADHD, and you're bound for problems.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #136
NatAsRex7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NatAsRex7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
four loko makes me feel like i drank a couple expresso mixed with vodka shots. lol i remember when the kids from San Pedro high school told me that the high school newspaper had a article about the ban >_<< dohh
NatAsRex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #137
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAsRex7 View Post
four loko makes me feel like i drank a couple expresso mixed with vodka shots. lol i remember when the kids from San Pedro high school told me that the high school newspaper had a article about the ban >_<< dohh
You're 19, you shouldn't be drinking anyways.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #138
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You're 19, you shouldn't be drinking anyways.
qfmft

4char

Old 11-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #139
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
I had 1.5 4 Lokos, followed by several beers, a few nights ago. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I felt drunk the way any other drink would make me feel. Then again, I've never really been affected by caffeine at all...
The watermelon flavor is AWFUL, even with 6 watermelon Jolly Ranchers dissolved into it. The lemon-lime flavor is tolerable, but still not very tasty.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #140
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
I had 1.5 4 Lokos, followed by several beers, a few nights ago. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I felt drunk the way any other drink would make me feel. Then again, I've never really been affected by caffeine at all...
The watermelon flavor is AWFUL, even with 6 watermelon Jolly Ranchers dissolved into it. The lemon-lime flavor is tolerable, but still not very tasty.
maybe you have built a tolerance to malt liquor,
Old 11-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #141
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
save our cheap booze 2010 feels a lot like save our ironic booze 2008

Quote:
The watermelon flavor is AWFUL, even with 6 watermelon Jolly Ranchers dissolved into it.
man's man.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #142
soreballz
Post Whore!

Quote:
maybe you have built a tolerance to malt liquor,
That is entirely possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
man's man.
Damn right. I hoped the candy would make it delicious, but I was incorrect.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:05 AM   #143
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
To be honest my disdain for the article was more directed towards the attitude that anyone under the age of 21 cannot make responsible decisions regarding alcohol. At 18 it was totally normal for me to have a quiet drink after work with friends, or a pint with our game of pool at lunch. We weren't getting wasted on vodka at every available opportunity? We'd outgrown it! I felt like I was treated like an irresponsible child at 20 in America. I know it's the law, and thats fine, but it was when common sense was put on the sideline that I got annoyed.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #144
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
That video was hilarious

For some reason the dog at the end made it even funnier lol
Old 11-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #145
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I love four locko... the best bang for your buck to get drunk...... I dont know how people drink it and do extremely dumb shyt thou.... by the way the grape flavor is the best
Old 11-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #146
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^You are 20 years old and do not belong in this discussion.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #147
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
I hoped the candy would make it delicious, but I was incorrect.
Sig.

I can't really stand this shit, but after watching Yuta's vid I feel compelled to do this friday. The hangover is awful though.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #148
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
^You are 20 years old and do not belong in this discussion.
Lmao Why... Cuz I'm not 21
Old 11-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #149
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinys s14 View Post
Lmao Why... Cuz I'm not 21
correct, dipshit.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #150
jah
Leaky Injector

jah is an unknown quantity at this point
4 lokos are disgusting glad there gonna get banned there for little kids and hobos lol can them now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get real beer yall new castle or miller jezzzzzzzzzze
jah is offline   Reply With Quote