Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #121
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
C6's have dropped into the teens, and are fantastic cars. Cheaper than doing a nice FD, that's for sure.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #122
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
2005 C6's are still around $23k in my area, but yeah man, I'm so tired of the whole "buy a cheap car and build it to some other car's performance benchmark" thing. Just buy the damn car that's already at that performance benchmark! Certainly, by the time I put enough money into an S13 to perform comparable to a C6 and be aesthethically pleasing enough, I could almost afford the damn Vette and had modern accomodations to start off with.

I'm waiting until the 2008 C6's get cheaper. Personally, I don't think I need a side budget for modifications anymore with a car the weighs less than a 350Z But has 430hp at the crank.

Last edited by simmode1; 06-01-2011 at 02:25 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #123
titangts
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
titangts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
problem solved...buy this!

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/388226...ls-inside.html
titangts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #124
2slow2go
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
2slow2go will become famous soon enough2slow2go will become famous soon enough2slow2go will become famous soon enough2slow2go will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
the thing about jz swaps is there always that long ass shifter..
2slow2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #125
Ottoman

Ottoman is an unknown quantity at this point
and relocating the steering rack always causes bump steer issues..
(some ppl care some dont)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #126
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
did the OP saw Initial D for the first time and fell in love with the FD? lol get an FD, you'll never find another car that handles exactly the same. like everyone said, if u buy a cheaper car and fix it up in the end you already spent about enough to get an FD. i know because i have an s13 with over $10k+ put into it. and i know i will never get that much back when i sell it because there are stupid low ballers on Zilvia.
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #127
BoostedFc

BoostedFc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Is who kidding you?
This ricers thread
BoostedFc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #128
redline1320
Zilvia Junkie

redline1320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Redline, I'm gonna blow your mind real quick.

You ready?

You can convert your early FD tails to look JUST LIKE THAT for $10 or so in black paint and lens sealant.

The bumper/bumper support conversion is a little pricier if you care about the front.
Yea I already knew that btw and it looks like shit if you paint them yourself trust me on that one.
Best to buy it all and do it the right way the first time which puts it at about $3200 just to do it alone.
I was going off the pic posted not by converting a USDM FD.
Point is: comparing a fd to a mr2 is suicide
Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #129
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro379ss View Post
The FD is hella fun to drive but rotarys are very unreliable. My rx7 broke down twice as much as either sr I have had so far. Even with fresh apex seals you need to replace them again becuase they eat them up like a fat kid with candy. After I had a brand new rotary from mazda which was then street ported with only 10k the apex seals were leaking again.

If you can tough it through that then that fun to drive factor is just over the top let alone the rarity (at least in my area). If I had the money to keep another rx7 afloat I would in a heartbeat.

Yes but the problem is once you get to the heavier modified stage it then again becomes just as unreliable as an rx7. And for someone who sounds on a budget the amount to put in to equal an fd would near near the cost of getting one as previously stated. Granted at that amount the 240 would have more power, but still...

I find it funny that you say if you cold keep another fd you would in a heartbeat, and your name is camarao whatever, just throw a ls in it, and you can have all that and a bag of chips.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #130
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
didn't read the thread but

FD3S #1
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #131
BoostedFc

BoostedFc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by titangts View Post
buy a swapped s13, good coils, and amazing tires, redo all the suspension. then alignment.

or... do what i did

How much power does your car make?
BoostedFc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #132
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Corvette's are ugly as shit, has that been covered yet?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #133
PshNHrd

PshNHrd is an unknown quantity at this point
If only I was mechanically inclined and knew about Rotary engines. It sucks to have to ship out your motor to a shop to have it worked on because no mechanic around the way don't know sh%t about it.
PshNHrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #134
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Corvette's are ugly as shit, has that been covered yet?
Your opinion is factually inaccurate. They just need a little more wheel fitment love.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote