Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
bowflex

Trader Rating: (0)
bowflex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR bore out to 90mm and 2.35L stroker kit SR20

hey i was thinking about doing this to my S13 SR20. has anyone bored out their sr, or gotten a stroker kit? how successful were you? how safe do you think this is (would the cylinder walls become to thin)?

also after talking to a mechanic, he said i could expect to get 200 extra horses out of the kit giving me around 550 on 14lbs of boost. i just put in a spec stage 2+ clutch, but other than that my drivetrain is stock. with the increase in power and torque would the tranny, driveshaft and everything else be able to handle the increase? or would i have to upgrade even more?
bowflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
uthemofo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
uthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to alluthemofo is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to uthemofo
sr trans can take a beating, you would be surprised. The diff and drive shaft should be fine, tranny should be fine as well. If you ask me, run it untill you blow one tranny, then just pick up another for under $75 and slap it in and run that.

Dont know too much about bored out srs, BC has a kit for it and they wouldnt sell it if it was unsafe for the motor right...?

Gonna cost you a bundle, but damn would it be sick.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
SleepR 240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
SleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepR 240sx Send a message via MSN to SleepR 240sx
Seen em done before....not sure about the numbers....my point is why hurt the SR's rev range my giving it a longer stroke....instead of just buying a KA which still has .5 liters on the stroked SR.....(.20) over is about as much as you should go on the SR....anything more is getting close to the limit on the cylinder walls...your choice but you can get a KA and do a fairly nice build on it for the cost of the stroker kit alone.....SR-rev range KA-torquier

Check out the coolest new thing: toddrickkkkk.blogspot.com
SleepR 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowflex View Post
hey i was thinking about doing this to my S13 SR20. has anyone bored out their sr, or gotten a stroker kit? how successful were you? how safe do you think this is (would the cylinder walls become to thin)?

also after talking to a mechanic, he said i could expect to get 200 extra horses out of the kit giving me around 550 on 14lbs of boost. i just put in a spec stage 2+ clutch, but other than that my drivetrain is stock. with the increase in power and torque would the tranny, driveshaft and everything else be able to handle the increase? or would i have to upgrade even more?
A good rule thumb on an SR bottom end is that anything more than an 87mm bore, you better sleeve the bitch.

Anyways, I've never heard of anybody making 550 hp on just 14 lbs of boost. Its a 4 cylinder for crying out loud. No fucking way in hell it can spool up a big ass turbo (thinking GT40 range) to hit that number without it being stupidly laggy.

As far as what uthemofo said about the SR tranny...HAHAHAHA. SR trannies are like fucking glass. I wouldnt hold my fucking breath on a stock used tranny with an unknown amount of abuse, holding a candle to what you're trying to do. Do yourself a favor and get a Z32 TT transmission, get with Mazwork to do the bellhousing and be done with it. Itll be the last transmission you'd need if your serious about hitting 550hp.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote