Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Engine wont start without feather the throttle

Ka24de
Car starts and run but will fire occasionally with throttle closed but wont get running unless the throttle is being feathered. Car idles great once running
any idea what the issue might be? the car also runs like dog shit when you put it under load or rev the engine

Has a brand new knock sensor and 02 sensor.
unplugged maf and car dies and wont start til its plugged back in.
unplugged the red coolant sensor and the car stuttered a little and kept idling
unplugged tps nothing changed
unplugged knock sensor, no change
fuel pressure tested at 40psi at idle and 47 while the pump was priming

i tried advancing the timing run kinda shitty, then retarded it and it didnt want to run

could this be a fuel injector issue? i tested them all with a 9v and a voltmeter ea clicked open and tested at about 10.8ohms which is right where they should be

could my ecu be the problem? or even a collant temp sensor?

Last edited by kyral; 06-16-2017 at 11:26 AM..
kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
would help to tell us what motor check the Cam angle sensor if it has one, or the distributor, fuel pump could be the culprit.... so many different variables.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Its a ka24de.
The fuel pressure is a stable 40 psi so my FPR must be working. and while priming it goes to 47 psi so i know my fuel pump works. unless there is something im missing? fuel pressure never drops below 40 psi and 40psi is right about where the system should be

The CAS is part of the distributor iirc and i have played with advancing and retarding the ignition. both either made the car harder to start or impossible to start
Old 06-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
check your crank signal to the ECM, if ECU doesn't have crank signal that's why you are needing to touch the gas.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Clean your throttle plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
S-Verteen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S-Verteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If i remember correctly when you unplug the tps the idle raises slightly. maybe ohm out that tps i have had one fail on my sr. Also have you checked the plugs?
S-Verteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
Ka24deguy

Trader Rating: (0)
Ka24deguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do I start a new thread. New member here lmao
Ka24deguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #8
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

its all good ka24de guy. you might have to do like 10 posts before you can open anew thread. or its at the top left of the stickied threads.

My plugs are good brand new. so they are kinda hard to read, my throttle plate is clean. this ia fresh engine rebuild, if i didnt replace it i cleaned it

ended up being my ecu. i swapped out my 25 (auto s13?) for green 29 i think i just know it was a cali auto ecu but i dont have the sensor on my intake manifold hooked up but it doesnt seem to bother the ecu one bit. car starts without throttle nowand has power. i just drove it around the block. its weird that the ecu was letting it idle correctly but not rev