Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #1
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Weird sound and vibration when deaccelerating

Hey guys.. well, like about a month ago i took of my tranny to install my new puck clutch. and then i slapped the tranny back on but in the outcome to have 2 fat exhaust leaks. well the clutch works fine and proper but the only problem i have is when i deaccelerate in 4th or 2nd and the rpms are at about 3 going down i hear a funny noise in the back of my car.. around the driveshaft.. (in that general area).

Also at the same time.. my shiftnoob vibrates like crazy!!.. but if i push in the clutch.. the noise and the vibration in the nob stops completely.. it only happenes in 4th and 2nd as well in deacceleration.. Im clueless as to why its making this sounds and vibrations..ALso when i was installing the shifter back into the original place, i forgot the washers that go around the shifter but my friend same it wouldnt be a big deal.. I thought it might be it but im clueless

Any inputs and help would greatly be appreciated thanks..
-usmd-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have a similar problem and it occured after I installed a RPS 6-puck. My vibration occurs when decelerating from 2500-2000 in 3rd and 4th, a little in 2nd and 5th but it's not very noticeable. The vibration and noise can be heard coming from the front of the transmission. Yours sounds like you didn't put the driveshaft on in the right configuration on the diff.

When I installed my clutch, the pressure plate didn't fit the dowels so i slotted the holes. The bolt holes were fine. I have heard other people doing this and they didn't have a problem with vibration. In addition to installing my clutch, I put in a new TO bearing and pilot bushing. One problem that occured with the pilot bushing is that I didn't put grease on the input shaft so the pilot bushing started squeeling bad. I then dropped the tranny and put grease on it and it fixed the noise but it never got rid of the vibration.

I have tried all 4 configurations of the driveshaft and none have helped. I bought this clutch from a private party with all the stuff so I'm not positive if the pilot bushing is the correct one but I'm pretty sure it was because it fit perfectly. I have also tried installing a new driveshaft and that didn't help out at all. I even made sure that the donut bearing holding up the driveshaft was reinstalled correctly.

I've heard people saying that it could be a damaged input shaft bearing. Does anyone know if it could get damaged if you didn't have the tranny supported perfectly when installing or dropping the tranny? I have tried to figure out what's wrong with this crap but haven't found a solution. There are a few more people on here who have this problem and it has never been solved.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self
DOH!!! i also bought my clutch from a private party.. but your maybe saying my driveshaft might be in a different configuration than it should have been before the installation? its really annoying and i want it fixed asap.. be4 anything else goes wrong
Old 10-06-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
240Stilo
Junkie

240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
Same here. RPS as well. once i hit 2800rpm while deccelarating that thing sounds like the bees want to escape the tranny. Not blaming RPS so far just trying to see if there's some common ground. I also installed clutch myself so human error could have been the culprit to this crap noise.

I got a squeeling noise and I didn't lube up the input shaft either. When I drive the car hard on the freeway the noise starts up next day. But after a day of driving like a sane person it doesn't make a peep. I always thought it was because the throwout bearing couldn't take the pressure of the heavy duty pressure plate.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:40 PM   #5
sticky240
Zilvia Junkie

sticky240 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, i had the same problem with my newly installed RPS single disk clutch

bees noise while decelarating around 2700 - 3000 RPMs

I've had my clutch in for about 3 weeks now and it did that the first 2 weeks, now it doesn't.

I didn't do anything to fix it, it just stopped.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:41 PM   #6
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

so it HAS to be something cuz ALL of us installed clutchs and this happens.. whats RPS mean.. im a noob.. and yea the bee noise is coming from my rear.. i greased the TO but other than that.. ppl say its my driveshaft.. i installed it correctly and friend told me if it was improper.. it would feel like there is a unbalance on how the driveshaft rotates.. but only happens when i decelerate at 2500 in 4th and 2nd gear.. also do u guys also get the CRAZY vibration in the shiftnob at those deacceleration times?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:53 AM   #7
240Stilo
Junkie

240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
RPS is the brand of clutch. I'm guesing maybe there are loose bolts to blame...hmm?
Old 10-08-2004, 05:19 PM   #8
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

QUOTE FROM CHILTON'S 240sx 89-92 repair mannual.

"Driveshaft vibration"

To check and correct an unbalanace diveshaft, proceed as follows.

1) Remove the undercoating and other foreign material which could upset shaft balance. Roadtest the vehicle.

2) If vibration is noted, disconnect draveshaft at differential carrier companion flange, rotate companion flange 180* degrees and reconnect the driveshaft.

3) Roadtest the vehcile, If vibration still exsists replace driveshaft assembly.

Note that driveshaft should be free of dents or cracks and run out should not exceed 0.6mm
Old 10-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #9
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by -usmd-180sx
so it HAS to be something cuz ALL of us installed clutchs and this happens.. whats RPS mean.. im a noob.. and yea the bee noise is coming from my rear.. i greased the TO but other than that.. ppl say its my driveshaft.. i installed it correctly and friend told me if it was improper.. it would feel like there is a unbalance on how the driveshaft rotates.. but only happens when i decelerate at 2500 in 4th and 2nd gear.. also do u guys also get the CRAZY vibration in the shiftnob at those deacceleration times?

OH YEA, hella vibrations.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #10
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

sorry to bring up an old post.. but i was wondering if anyone is still having this problem?? and any solutions to it.. okay.. this is what i have done so far without any luck to finding the solution..

i tried many different configurations of the driveshaft to end with no change.. then i also changed the center support bearing between the 1st shaft and 2nd shaft of the driveshaft.. no lucky again!..

some mechanics i have asked told me to go ahead and balance my driveshaft and slap it back on.. but when i called up the driveline shop.. he told me that guaranteed in a car of my yr 89.. that the driveshaft would have to be replaced rather than being balanced... i asked him how much and he told me 300 bucks for a 1 piece custom driveshaft.. well to my knowledge.. felt like he was bsin and wanted my money..

i also asked another mechanic near my house at 76 and he told me that it was a "normal" sound and that when i downshifted and rev matched..the sound would occur and in the process.. it would wear my tranny/clutch.. i concluded that he was smoking crack and i didnt listen to his theory..

so i am pretty clueless as to why this problem still happnes..

any help guys?? plz!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 12:29 AM   #11
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
sorry to hear you're still having problems...

i used to have vibration when i engine braked. it went away after i swapped my motor and tranny mounts to nismo mounts... i guess the old ones were very fuxord. the engine would flop like crazy during start up. the tranny raised quite a bit under the new tranny mount as well.

although reading ur old stuff it seems like the problem really should rest with the driveshaft/clutch. iirc 300 for a 1 piece custom driveshaft actually isn't a ripoff though.

btw... the u-joints on my gf's FC are going. in her car, the driveshaft vibration can be felt accelerating or slowing down... and its pretty major. the whole car rattles like its about to fall apart (well... it is).
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:46 AM   #12
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

hmm thanks.. but im really starting to think it doesnt have to do anything with the driveshaft.. of course it seems like its common sense.. cuz it never happened b4 i swapped in the new clutch and pressure plate.. but ive done everthing and checked everything that i could possibly think of around the driveline..area... and the driveshaft still seems good..

so stressed out cuz its horrible driving my car like this.. and i LOVE my car.. man.. would u think it could be the tranny mount?? possibly? im so clueless and i dont wanna drive my car anymore.. lol.. that depressing..

i used to love revmatchin my car.. but now im stuckin to neutral and braking everywhere i go.. lol
Old 10-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #13
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
if this happened immediately after you did a clutch job the problem would almost certainly lie therein. i used to drive myself nuts when a new problem would show up, stressing over what it could be when it happens immediately after doing some work on the car. 95% of the time it's something related to what was just done.

the driveshaft is supposedly harmonically balanced but i never had trouble with it. when i put mine back in i never marked it and it doesn't vibrate or anything.

the only things i can think of

#1 driveshaft unbalanced (maybe) or u-joints on driveshaft going (certainly not unheard of...)

#2 squishy mounts (unlikely as it only happens in some gears...? - but it doesn't hurt to replace them... it's about $140 for the set of 3 and you can swap all the mounts in an hour or so if u know what ur doing)

#3 maybe something wrong with the clutch job? weird...

#4 maybe something wrong with ur alignment in the rear? did u take it to a shop? maybe they dropped the car off a lift or something, or tapped a curb while test driving it...?

hmm i just thought of something else. when u say funny noise does it sound like knocking? there is an exhaust bracket that attaches to the tranny mount and goes to the exhaust. if you take that off the exhaust will swing freely on its hooks and it will knock against the bumper when you go over bumps and make hard turns. just a thought. if u dropped the tranny you would have had to remove it. did you put it back on? btw u will feel it knocking hardcore. its feels like someone with a hammer hitting the body.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #14
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
i had the same problem i found out my turbo outlet pipe was vibrating on my tranny bell housing, and it would vibrate at 2500-4500 rpm depending on which week it was
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:18 PM   #15
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
if this happened immediately after you did a clutch job the problem would almost certainly lie therein. i used to drive myself nuts when a new problem would show up, stressing over what it could be when it happens immediately after doing some work on the car. 95% of the time it's something related to what was just done.

the driveshaft is supposedly harmonically balanced but i never had trouble with it. when i put mine back in i never marked it and it doesn't vibrate or anything.

the only things i can think of

#1 driveshaft unbalanced (maybe) or u-joints on driveshaft going (certainly not unheard of...)

could be the culprit.. but want to check others things before i spend more money...where is the ujoints located.. in the chiltons repair book.. it explains on how to change them.. but it doesnt specify in the diagram on where it is located..

#2 squishy mounts (unlikely as it only happens in some gears...? - but it doesn't hurt to replace them... it's about $140 for the set of 3 and you can swap all the mounts in an hour or so if u know what ur doing)

dont really know a lot about the squishy mounts.. where are they located on the driveline.. are u talking about the mounts that hold the center support bearing??

#3 maybe something wrong with the clutch job? weird...

im positive that the clutch job went off without a hitch.. aligned properly.. torqued down at proper lbs.. but it does chatter a little at times...

#4 maybe something wrong with ur alignment in the rear? did u take it to a shop? maybe they dropped the car off a lift or something, or tapped a curb while test driving it...?

now that i think about it.. when i was done with the job.. my car was on ramps in the rear right.. and as i krept off of them.. both of them shot out and my car dropped to the floor.. not extremely high off the floor.. but it was about a couple of inches off the ground..

hmm i just thought of something else. when u say funny noise does it sound like knocking? there is an exhaust bracket that attaches to the tranny mount and goes to the exhaust. if you take that off the exhaust will swing freely on its hooks and it will knock against the bumper when you go over bumps and make hard turns. just a thought. if u dropped the tranny you would have had to remove it. did you put it back on? btw u will feel it knocking hardcore. its feels like someone with a hammer hitting the body.
yea.. i thought about that too as i read this.. but my exhaust has no play in it.. but i thought of another thing that might be wrong.. my companion flange might need to be rotated 180 degrees.. or so it says in the chiltons repair book if the driveshaft has vibration... might be a thought.. also.. the sound isnt more of a hammer sound.. but more of a humming "bummble bee sound" lol.. the most clearly i can define the noise..

and for sr20mans reply.. i ALSO have a exhaust leak from the outlet pipe.. could that be it.. but i have a new pipe coming in the mail.. so hopefully when i replace it.. the problem might go away

also.. lemme explain the problem a little clearer...

when i am driving and i am in 4th gear.. i am accelerating gradually... it goes a little past 2,500 continuing up towards 3.. now when i let off the throttle.. the noise occurs.. until the rpms drop to maybe 2,250 to 2,300.. but in 4th.. the shift nob isnt vibrating crazy.. only in 2nd.. and its weird how the sound in 2nd isnt as loud as in 4th.. but the vibration of the shift nob and the loudness of the noise is vis-versa in 2nd and 4th.. kinda make sense?

like in 2nd, the vibration would be more than the sound's loudness.. and in 4th.. the sound would be louder than the greatness of the vibration.. i dunno guys.. hope this clears things up so we can pick at the problem so more..
Old 10-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #16
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
mine was different then that too, in 4th and 5th gear the sound of vibration would not be as loud but the shift knob would shake more violently then in 2nd or 3rd....but i already found my problem and it is the outlet pipe....so i have no idea what to tell you if its not that on your car
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:58 PM   #17
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman
mine was different then that too, in 4th and 5th gear the sound of vibration would not be as loud but the shift knob would shake more violently then in 2nd or 3rd....but i already found my problem and it is the outlet pipe....so i have no idea what to tell you if its not that on your car
Hopefully its the outletpipe!! and just curious which outlet pipe u running.. the hks style or the greddy style?? and hopefully if this doesnt cure the problem.. then i hope i just need to rotate the companion flange 180 degrees and that might do the trick..

if not then imma give up cuz its making me go

thanks for all ur inputs guys.. hope it gets resolved by this weekend
Old 10-31-2004, 07:42 AM   #18
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to mastaflash05
yep thats exactly whats going on with mine. the trans will vibrate and grind, or like someone else said "humming bumble bee sound" in those RPM ranges. im going to check these things:
exhaust leak because i think i might have one at my downpipe
see if the exhaust is hitting the fraim/body/trans
check to be sure mounts and crossmember are tight (mounts are good i have nismo)

the car is sopposed to have a spec clutch. i bought the engine and trans together from a guy with it in his car already. so it could be a faulty clutch job, or something along those lines.

a friend of mine with an sr20det in his sentra said he had the same problem and that it was the flywheel bolts were loose. im going to check everything before having to pull the trans back off.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #19
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
same thing hapend to my friend, but it was the tranny mount bushing...
lv-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:15 PM   #20
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

mastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nicemastaflash05 is just really nice
i kinda have a feeling mine is different than problems you guys are having. mine sounds like bad bearings grinding, or gears not meshing right. idk. ill just drive it til somethign breaks i guess.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #21
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaflash05
i kinda have a feeling mine is different than problems you guys are having. mine sounds like bad bearings grinding, or gears not meshing right. idk. ill just drive it til somethign breaks i guess.
mine sounds like really bad gear grinding also in my opinion.. but it should go away after i change a couple of things here and there.. id say first check to see if your exhaust leak is major.. and that might be the cause of it.. after that.. check if your positive that ur driveline isnt faulty.. then move on to the flywheel nuts.. and torque them down to specifiyed lbs.. and if that doesnt cure it.. then get new tranny mount bushings.. my .2 cents..

been having this problem for a while now too.. but im determined to find the problem... OR throw in a brand new driveshaft at that!

one way or another.. this shit is stopping soon!!
Old 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM   #22
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Just read this thread on FA. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...=&fpart=1&vc=1

We never really came to a conclusion on how to fix it but many good things were brought up. BTW, I tried a JDM S13 driveshaft with an extra U-joint and no rubber bushing. It didn't help.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:07 PM   #23
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

usmd - it sounds like we are having the exact same problem. do you also get a vibration taking off from a stop in first at about 1500rpm? i checked for exhaust leak and its not that. i have a nismo trany mount. i also want to get a new one piece aluminum shaft. i think that would fix alot of the problem. i have swaped driveshaft, differential, and engine w/ trans. i think all came from different cars so that coulod be it too.

maybe over winter ill get a wild hair and pull the trans, replace the pilot and throw out bearings and make sure everything is good clutch wise.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 PM   #24
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

[QUOTE=mastaflash05]usmd - it sounds like we are having the exact same problem. do you also get a vibration taking off from a stop in first at about 1500rpm? .[/QUOT]E

nope.. i am not getting vibration when i take off.. i might be that ur clutch is chattering.. it really might be that.. if not.. did u grease ur pilot and T.O bearing when u switched ur clutch??

[/QUOT]Ei checked for exhaust leak and its not that. i have a nismo trany mount. i also want to get a new one piece aluminum shaft. i think that would fix alot of the problem. i have swaped driveshaft, differential, and engine w/ trans. i think all came from different cars so that coulod be it too. [/QUOT]E

Yup.. might be because the driveshaft is supposedly suppose to be harmonically balanced.. and when removed.. and installed in improper configuration will result in our problem.. or along those lines..

maybe over winter ill get a wild hair and pull the trans, replace the pilot and throw out bearings and make sure everything is good clutch wise.[/QUOT]E
Old 11-02-2004, 05:00 AM   #25
mastaflash05
Zilvia Addict

i didnt do the clutch job is the problem. i bought the swap out of a running car and just swaped it in as it was. oh well, ill fix the problem some day.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
Pho Man
Leaky Injector

Pho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to Pho Man
sorry to bring an old thread up.

In my 90 240sx when I accelerate and deaccelerate I have a loud humming sound that is coming from underneath the car. It happens on acceleration when I shift in higher RPMs. In deacceleration it happens if the rpms are higher also. If you are say in 4th and have the rpms really low then it also makes the humming sound but not as much. I really don't have any vibration through the shifter.(still stock shift knob and shifter). I recently had the car swapped and the guy that did the job put in a exedy 3 puck clutch, didn't shave the flywheel or anything. At first I thought maybe it was the rear end, so I changed fluid to mobil 1 75w-90 syn. That didn't take care of it. Like I said it sounds like it's either coming from underneath right around where the two driveshafts come together or from transmission area. I also did check for any rubbing issues with the exhaust and my downpipe is up against the driverside frame rail. Could that be it? It sounds more like it's in the drive line. A buddy told me to start at either replacing the center support bearing where the two driveshaft halfs meet or replace the u-joints. Don't know where to start. Any help?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #27
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
was the clutch unsprung?!

because a lot of times under deaccel u will get vibration because there is no springs to dampen the clutch.

but it is normal.... IF ur clutch is unsprung and its the same vibration im getting...
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #28
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
i have a rps street max clutch in my sr i dont have any of those noises but when i had my ka with a act 6 puck clutch when i decel there was a very noticable chatter from my vlsd but now it doesnt make that sound anymore not sure why
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:09 AM   #29
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i have the same problem, but my car is an auto, when i mess around in it(i am swaping soon) and slide the rear end out, i get a weird vibrate noise from the middle(between the seats) to the rear, i have checked u joints and such, i cant figure it out, i think its my vlsd, or my tranny lol... any ideas???

p.s. it usually happens when i slide the rear pass side to the right like im making a left turn...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #30
Pho Man
Leaky Injector

Pho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymorePho Man is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to Pho Man
I can't remember if it is sprung or not. I just remember it being an Exedy 3 puck clutch. Definitely somewhere in the driveline. Either Tranny or from driveshaft. I think i'm going to replace the center support bearing where the two driveshafts come together. If that's not it then either u-joints or I'll probably be looking at replacing the clutch. Ugh this is so frustrating I get the car back and it has this problem already! Damnit