Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #31
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
uh oh... here we go again with that magic word. :-)

i have both manifolds, i didnt notice anything special or different about either of them.

but, i will be pulling the manifold (again) from my non working museum piece of an s13 and re-drill the manifold for m10 hardware. i'll snap photos and inspect both so that we can see if there are any visible differences.

by the way, do any of the mods or admins here have the ability to increase my storage capacity for attachments? ive been a member (forever) and it would be nice if i can increase the storage. i've uploaded so many photos over the years that i am near my max.
Use a free service like imgur
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #32
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Use a free service like imgur
no, bro. there's a reason to my logic here.
i own several websites, hosting is not an issue.

the issue is this. since zilvia is a knowledge base for discussion, then zilvia should be able to storage images that pertains to our discussion. i'm not talking about huge, high-res photos. i am talking about small photos of things that we've been discussing over the years.

how many times have you guys clicked on threads, only to see that it contains old, outdated, dead links. no link, no image, no references.

here is a perfect example of things working, my rear axle discussion thread:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=555322

images are still there because i stored them locally. anyway, it would be nice if we could increase the storage attachment sizes for the users who contribute to the community.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #33
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
no, bro. there's a reason to my logic here.
i own several websites, hosting is not an issue.

the issue is this. since zilvia is a knowledge base for discussion, then zilvia should be able to storage images that pertains to our discussion. i'm not talking about huge, high-res photos. i am talking about small photos of things that we've been discussing over the years.

how many times have you guys clicked on threads, only to see that it contains old, outdated, dead links. no link, no image, no references.

here is a perfect example of things working, my rear axle discussion thread:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=555322

images are still there because i stored them locally. anyway, it would be nice if we could increase the storage attachment sizes for the users who contribute to the community.
Years from now whether it be a couple or several, when your account gets deleted due to inactivity. Wouldn't it defeat the purpose anyway?

I'll stick to the Tomei manifold btw...
Old 12-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
First question, do accounts here get deleted based on inactivity? Not all forums have this policy and I dont think it applies here.

Second, the admins (and the users) have the ability to look at their attachments. It would be wise for admins to think before deleting a user, especially if they have contributed a lot to the forum.

Third, enjoy your Tomei manifold. If I wanted a tubular manifold, Full Race would have my money already.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #35
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I wish I had a Tommy manifold. They are so freaking cool.

Mike, I wondered why you always 'attached' images to your posts vs external hosting. Very simple, and very good, answer. I will absolutely keep that in mind - as I hate when old threads no longer have images that were extremely useful.

As for thoughts pertaining to this thread....uhh I got nothing useful. But it's good since I am currently trying to source an OE manifold. Originally I said 's13 only' As I thought that meant 'no egr'. A cous guys said otherwise but I never found solid info. This is helping to solidify what exactly is an acceptable manifold for my intended use.

And for that, I thank you.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #36
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
OK, that makes sense. I looked at my 1994 S14 Silvia FSM and attached a photo, looks like that IS for an EGR port after all. I compared that with the S15 FSM and it doesnt show an EGR provision at all.

Its the angle that makes it confusing, because when you look at the photo it looks like that "blowby hose" connects to the exhaust manifold, I was scratching my head.

I wonder what variable dictates whether or not the vehicle was equipped with an EGR or not. Maybe UK market requires it for smog? It does not appear that the Japan market cars had them. ???
It all depends on how the county of sale handles NOx emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
I have a complete S15 motor with S15 turbo manifold. That nipple on the manifold is for a egr but not all were drilled and tapped for a egr. My doesn't have a egr.
To my understanding the S15 flows slightly better as the runners are slightly bigger. If you intend to port it real good this doesn't really matter much.
The S15 also supposedly has a higher Inconel content than the cheaper S13 manifold.
You mean Nickel.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #37
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
It all depends on how the county of sale handles NOx emissions.

You mean Nickel.

No I mean inconel. But considering nickel is a main ingredient in inconel...
Old 12-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #38
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
No I mean inconel. But considering nickel is a main ingredient in inconel...
Inconel is an nickel based Alloy. You are thinking of high nickel cast iron. AKA ni-resist.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #39
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Inconel is an nickel based Alloy. You are thinking of high nickel cast iron. AKA ni-resist.
No. According to DEF it was high nickel cast steel, not iron.

Inconel exhaust manifold. ha. This isnt a McLaren F1. Wait, actually that would be titanium. Still.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #40
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
S13 manifolds definitely aren't Ni-resist. Maybe the later ones are?

But the S13 stock manifolds are high temperature cast steel - so they do have more nickel than say, a cast steel front knuckle or something like that. Otherwise they'd rust like crazy, whereas they typically just get a little light surface corrosion even at elevated temps.