Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
SmogSUX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
SmogSUX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SmogSUX
Thumbs up 1988 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo smogged, NorCAL

My car:

1988 Rx-7 Turbo II Anniversary Edition (I sold the badges after I had it painted, thought it looked much cleaner)

Asking 10K FIRM or 8.5K w/o wheels&tires or 8K w/o wheels&tires&Defis.
That means $1500 off if you don't want the wheels/tires, and/or $500 off if you don't want Defis.

WIlling to trade for: Stockish S14, 600ish cc Sportbike, late 90's or newer Integras, Civics, etc...+cash on your end
or a 350z, 01+ Vette, WRX, Sti, Evo, etc... with Cash on my end. I'll prolly pick up a loan if I need to.

168K on the odometer and roughly 60k on the rebuilt motor from Rick's Rotary (P/o was the one who had this done)
-3mm apex seals to help the engine handle higher boost even though I don't even run very much (15psi high setting)
-Streetported motor for more flow and power
-3" downpipe and cat delete
-Greddy Power Extreme exhaust (Rare exhaust that honestly sounds the very best on rotarys. Quiet while cruising, but has amazing sound when you're flooring it, nice deep and throaty, not loud and raspy like most aftermarket exhausts for rotarys)
-BNR Stage 3 turbo with the 360 thrust bearing option (better for higher boost levels)
-front mount intercooler with greddy blow off valve (Reputable Welding shop put beautiful TIG welds on the pipes)
-Devils Own methanol injection kit (currently using 50/50 water meth mixture) (Installed and tuned by Rotary Evolution)
-Microtech Lt-8s full standalone ecu. That means the main harness and everything is all replaced. (Installed and tuned by Rotary Evolution)
-Turbo XS dual stage boost controller (Installed by Rotary Evolution)
-HKS intake
-complete 4 lens projector headlight setup with 4300k oem white HIDs for the low beams. Xenon for the high beams. (Kit and HIDs installed by Rotary Evolution)
-Full bodykit from Shine Auto (They use a flexible fiberglass hybrid so if you bump something it won't break. All the flexibility of the urethane bumpers but none of the weight or warping) (Fitted by Revolution Auto)
-BRAND NEW SNOWFLAKE WHITE PEARL PAINT JOB!! I have the car stripped to bare metal and had etching primer laid down, primer, paint, pearl...one of the most beautiful 3 stage paint jobs I've seen. Had the car debadged and properly removed the rear spoiler. Paid just shy of $5k on this paintjob (Painted by Revolution Auto)
-Ultra-JDM Mazdaspeed MS-01 wheels! 17x8 front and 17x9 rear +35 all the way around. (These wheels are very hard to find and usually in bad condition. I found mine in pretty good shape but then took them apart and had every single bolt polished as well has having the lips refinished and had the center sections powdercoated the original Mazdaspeed gold) $$$$$$Cost me quite a bit. (Powdercoating done at Dick Sanchez Powdercoating, lips refinished and polished at Precision Wheels)
-Brand new Powerslot rotors with EBC Red brake pads
-Series 5 taillights
-F1 spec fiberglass racing seats. (Weigh less than 5 lbs, but are more comfortable than any seat I've sat in)
-Custom brackets from Wedge Engineering with Recaro sliders for the seats
-MazdaTrix short shifter with a Euro spec Rx8 shift knob (E-Spec had the 5 speed Rx8's)
-Defi Gauges!! Boost, water temp, oil temp and controller. This combo cost me $1k..check prices on them...they're one of the best gauges on the market. (Guages installed by Rotary Evolution)
-Kenwood Deck with an ipod adapter in the back
-Inifiity Kappa perfects all the way around. 5.25" front and 6.5" rear.
-Brand new Optima Redtop battery relocated to the rear bin PROPERLY so it won't drain the battery at all.
-The most expensive dual pass Koyo radiator I could by. aka the Super KOYO
-Black Magic 2800 cfm e-fan (Installed by Rotary Evolution)
-FD alternator with dual pullys which pushes 100 amps as opposed to the 40 amp stocker
-a/c, p/s, smog pump removed and running a dual pully belt so it won't slip at high rpms
-KTS adjsutable coilovers with front pillowball mounts and camber adjusters
-Transmission was completely rebuilt about a year ago (Rebuilt by Rotary Evolution)
-ACT street/strip clutch installed when I had the transmission rebuilt
-11 lb lightweight flywheel
-intake runners port matched for better/smoother airflow (more power) (Port matching by Rotary Evolution)
-Stock manifold's twin scroll blocked off for better spool and power
-TIRES HAVE LESS THAN 2K MILES ON THEM: federal 595ss 255/40/17 rear, Hankook Rs-2 235/40/17 front
-Viper pager alarm system with remote start (Installed by Rotary Evolution)

I'm sure there's more I forgot, but like I said..this car has everything done to it and I can't keep track of it all. I have receipts for almost everything.

Notes on the car:
All emissions have been removed and blocked off, though I do have them in a bin if a buyer wants them.
Powersteering pump removed and the rack blocked off, have that all too
A/c removed and I think I have most of the parts
Because of the removed emissions I'm selling the car AS-IS, buyer takes care of future smogs, I will have the car smogged and ready to go for a buyer.
Oil metering pump blocked off, so you have to use premix. This is a MUCH better way to prolong the life of the engine. If a serious buyer wanted the stock omp put back on so they don't have to premix I could do this.

I have an old dyno sheet from when I had an exhaust leak, intercooler piping leaking, and ignition breakup where I still put down 295 rwhp @ 7500rpm only using 11 psi.
Right now I have all of that fixed and had a better tuner (Karack @ Rotary Evolution) tune it @ 15psi so it should be right around the 350rwhp mark.

There have been no expenses spared on this car and I've put a lot of thought into modifying this car.

Only issues/blemishes:
Small nick in the passenger side fender (smaller than a dime) happened while the car was in the shop. Took off the paint, but not primer.
sunroof just needs a little nudge when you open it. (common FC issue) Closes and operates perfectly besides that.

Other than that there aren't any issues myself or my mechanic have found. Car is very reliable and has never given me any problems at all and it's been garage parked for the 4 years I've owned it. I refuse to leave it in the driveway or in front of the house.

will smog the car before I sell it so that will all be taken care of for 2 years, but after that it is the buyer's responsibility. This is a used car and is being sold as thus and I am not responsible for any smog issues that may arise in the future, since this is definitely not a stock car.

NEW PICTURES (There was dust on the camera lens which I discovered after I parked my car and everything so that's what those black smudges are =/)And the car sits in my garage until weekends, so it's dirty in these pictures ;[ there's still ashes on the car from the smoke and fires.

^Small nick mentioned. It's pretty small

^Drove the car an hour to a BBQ so it received a nice coat of bugs

Car can be had for $8K w/o wheels/tires/Defis!!

Remember car COMES SMOGGED!!
SmogSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
norcal_black240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
norcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to norcal_black240 Send a message via MSN to norcal_black240
8k is a great price even tho the defi's and wheels wouldnt be included. GLWS
Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Bump for a nice FC. If I had the money I would be all over this
satal95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
SmogSUX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
SmogSUX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SmogSUX
Top! Also wouldn't mind a stockish E36 M3 or something
SmogSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
zidek
BANNED

Trader Rating: (12)
zidek is making a name for him/her selfzidek is making a name for him/her selfzidek is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
engine bay and seat condition shots?
zidek is offline   Reply With Quote