Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #8641
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Wow fugly is what fugly is^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #8642
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Even a generic asian design is better than the acura beak.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:07 PM   #8643
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Even a generic asian design is better than the acura beak.
The beak is gone, and now its just a gaping hole. A disgusting, Detroit Hardcore gaping hole.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #8644
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The beak is gone, and now its just a gaping hole. A disgusting, Detroit Hardcore gaping hole.
The TLX was probably the best looking 'beak' grille they had. Actually looks decent to be honest.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #8645
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Oh fuck yeah. They only talked about the hybrid automatic version but there's no chance only one engine choice will be available. I love this thing. The back almost reminds me of the old J30's.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #8646
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Honestly it doesn't. Sales are consistent and prices keep rising. I think most would be happy with a generous face lift. Parts are already rare and expensive.

The 2020 R36 is also rumored to be a hybrid. I'm sure performance will be great but it's just another step further from what it once was.
yea....things tend to change from 1969.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #8647
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
yea....things tend to change from 1969.

Original - > R34 all had been based on production cars and designed as homologation race car with a manual transmission.

The R35 stepped out from that and a Hybrid R36 will be even further from all that.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #8648
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Can you imagine how well an R35 with a rwd vk50 would have sold?

That's the homoligation car buyers deserve, not a completely disconnected hybrid rolling video game.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:36 AM   #8649
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

That's the homoligation car buyers deserve, not a completely disconnected hybrid rolling video game.
This is why I don't care about the new NSX. If you want the looks, buy an R8. They look better anyway. If you want a real NSX, buy one of the older ones.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:25 AM   #8650
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

That Hyundia ain't doing nothing for you guys?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #8651
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Japan has been stagnating in every field for the past couple of decades.

I assume they are either too stubborn to embrace changes fast enough, or they simply do not have the means to keep up.
That goes for MMA, Kickboxing, drifting, anime.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #8652
Corbic
Post Whore!

The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:

Not sure if serious.

However, I think the R35 should have been the next gen Infiniti G/whatever.

The design language is edgy and very Cadillac.

A change of bumpers and skirts could have toned it down just enough to be badged a Infiniti Skyline/G/Q/Whatever.

Offer a Sedan version and Coupe. Give it a regular powertrain and rear differential. Kids would have shit themselves and it would have been popular.

By sharing much of the sheet metal, interior and chassis, Nissan could have held pricing for the actual GTR in the 80's. I'd expect sales would increase roughly 20% further improving volume and helping keep costs down. (That's only 200 more cars a year)

GTR could still run the wild DCC-Trans-Transfer-Dif. Just design the rear to accommodate two different styles of subframes and have the lower cars run the standard differential.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #8653
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

^^I think that approach could work. They need to make it more like the Corvette and 911, to where the performance version is a significant step up in both cost and capability from the regular one. When it really comes down to it, the difference between a base, black, nismo, whatever, really isn't that much, and that's their problem.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #8654
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
That hyundai is not doing it for me, while its largely a design study its pretty stale, not much fresh going on, seems most design teams are stuck on the same ol same ol. Im looking forward to the 2020's hopefully things will change.
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #8655
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The pictures don't show much beyond a boring grill/intake.

I'm interested that they are making an effort to see what excites people, then making great attempts at following through.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #8656
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

My comments about the gtr are a reflection of the actual race versions. V8 rwd and so fast they ran out of ballast and still couldn't slow then down. Sell the awd techno monster too but make sure people can get the homoligation car as well.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #8657
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I mean as RWD fans we should really be excited about how many more options we have now. Think about what was available when this thread started. There's probably 3 or 4 times more RWD sporty cars on the market now.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:41 PM   #8658
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I mean as RWD fans we should really be excited about how many more options we have now. Think about what was available when this thread started. There's probably 3 or 4 times more RWD sporty cars on the market now.

And we even have Turbo Mustangs with IRS now...
Old 03-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #8659
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

I still want a Fiat 4C or Boxster type of care without the CF tub, insane interior, and expensive Italian/german name for about 30-35 grand. When is that happening?
Old 03-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #8660
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
I still want a Fiat 4C or Boxster type of care without the CF tub, insane interior, and expensive Italian/german name for about 30-35 grand. When is that happening?
already happened was the mr2, it died, now you're alone with no MR's in sight
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #8661
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
And we even have Turbo Mustangs with IRS now...
And it looks like all of our prayers are answered. A 640hp v8 Camaro with no visibility issues.lol

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
Old 03-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #8662
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
And it looks like all of our prayers are answered. A 640hp v8 Camaro with no visibility issues.lol

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
Will the warranty cover funeral expenses?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:33 PM   #8663
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Will the warranty cover funeral expenses?
Hell no! Blaze of glory!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #8664
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hell no! Blaze of glory!

Witness!!!

Old 03-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #8665
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
already happened was the mr2, it died, now you're alone with no MR's in sight
No it didn't that thing was non-FI and slow as fuck. Still waiting.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #8666
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
No it didn't that thing was non-FI and slow as fuck. Still waiting.
Non-FI? must be lost on de nomenclature here, also don't you own a miata or some shit? def not as slow as a miata.....

you must be unfamiliar with that MR life
Old 03-25-2016, 05:52 AM   #8667
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Non-FI? must be lost on de nomenclature here, also don't you own a miata or some shit? def not as slow as a miata.....

you must be unfamiliar with that MR life
You're talking about the MR-S, the convertible, right? No forced induction and slow as fuck. I guess "naturally aspirated" would have been a better term, haha.

Yes I own a Miata because they are unrivaled as a no fucks given, dirt cheap track car. Parts are plentiful and cheap, and so are the cars, aftermarket support is huge, and they're easy to work on. That doesn't mean it is fast but it does what I need it to do. The MR-2 is probably a "better car" except for the fact that it isn't because it lacks some of the things I just listed.

So back to the topic at hand. I have yet to see a sporty coupe that's 2500 lbs or less, makes somewhere in the 250 to 300 horsepower range, and costs around 35 grand or less.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:07 AM   #8668
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
No forced induction and slow as fuck.
FI typically means Fully Injected.

Gee whiz.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:09 AM   #8669
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
FI typically means Fully Injected.

Gee whiz.
I actually thought it was Fuel Injected.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #8670
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I actually thought it was Fuel Injected.

I was gonna say they were fuel injected because that's what I thought he meant , didn't want to sound like dumbass haha.

Also was talking about the sw20, not the Mr-s . I don't really like to think of the mr-s as an mr2. Because it's gross