Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #1
slow13arod

Trader Rating: (0)
slow13arod is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 CA. Help with Silvia Projector wiring

Hi fellow members of Zilvia. Who would be able to help me to tell me what exactly I'm missing and how I can source it. Got ahold of a not so good front end and I'm trying to let its glory days relive. Thanks.

slow13arod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #2
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude... you're not going to get any help with a post like this. There are numerous writeups on the web about the pigtail wiring and front end conversions. Do a little bit of digging and I'm sure you should be able to figure it all out. If you run into a bit of a roadblock with it, let us know what you've done, and what's giving you the trouble. Until then, best of luck, and you could use the "SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD" for stuff like this in the future.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
anyone else notice that those headlights are missing more than the dust boots and retainers?

looks like a headache for such antiquated shit headlights
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The back of the low beam projector is snapped off on the headlight closest to you in the photo. Have fun trying to "wire" that!

Get a new set of lights and make your life easier. You will need to modify them or retrofit them with better LHD projectors so the low beam is suitable for US roads as well.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
slow13arod

Thanks guys and yeah super janky. Sorry for the headache of posting this here. I've been researching and I think Ima just make them work one way or another. Cheers.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow13arod View Post
Thanks guys and yeah super janky. Sorry for the headache of posting this here. I've been researching and I think Ima just make them work one way or another. Cheers.
yea understand your dillema. they look perfectly fine except missing a couple of parts... i would just try to buy some broken ons that you can use to salvage parts from. i'm not really familiar with s13 head lights but from other posts it looks like they're missing stuff...

It would be nice if some after market company made s13 head lights, they make them for the kouki 14 but not s13 silvia.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
slow13arod

Yeah man it would be nice. That's just my problem that I've actually been searching g for like 2 months but since I'm missing a lot and I haven't found anyone to part out headlights. Thanks for everyone's input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
yea understand your dillema. they look perfectly fine except missing a couple of parts... i would just try to buy some broken ons that you can use to salvage parts from. i'm not really familiar with s13 head lights but from other posts it looks like they're missing stuff...

It would be nice if some after market company made s13 head lights, they make them for the kouki 14 but not s13 silvia.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:59 AM   #8
golucyer

golucyer is an unknown quantity at this point
golucyer is offline   Reply With Quote