Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
95se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
95se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tie rod ends

Ok I was told I needed new tie rod ends. I have a popping sound when I 1st touch the brake pedal and also just before coming to complete stop. I've had it for like 3-4yrs now. Everything else in front end has been replaced with exception of the inner and outer tie rods, sway bar and steering rack. The ends of the tie rods where the rubber boot is is leaking grease real bad. So what are your recommendations for these, stock-oem or something like SPL? I'm not going to be doing any racing, just a daily driver so not concerned with steering angle and all that. Just something that feels good and lasts a long time and something thats easy to align by your usual auto alignment shop.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
oem parts
done.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
yeah OEM would be best for what you are going to be doing with your car.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (52)
Jimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
The oem lasted your car at least 10 years already, most likely longer depending on the model. Tried and proven sir
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
i use moog. they are quality oem replacements. i say they are a little better though

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
moog , oem , tein , ikeya are all good .
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka2 View Post
moog , oem , tein , ikeya are all good .
?
the first three are pretty much all the same
hahaha
Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #8
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Exactly .
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #9
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've had moogs, they bent, I'd go OEM or SPL. For inners, if you go with SPL you have to get Z32 or Z33 inners. Do your research.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs240 View Post
I've had moogs, they bent, I'd go OEM or SPL. For inners, if you go with SPL you have to get Z32 or Z33 inners. Do your research.
How did they bend?

Most of the time parts don't just, "bend" for no reason.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
How did they bend?

Most of the time parts don't just, "bend" for no reason.
Agreed. Especially a tie rod end, I've never seen or heard of one bending, period. The tie rod itself can bend but that's only if you drive into curbs and shit. In that case, blaming the part for failing when you caused it to fail is kinda retarded.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Oem.
Anything else would just be a waist of money.
Especially if you're really low.
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
Oem.
Anything else would just be a waist of money.
Especially if you're really low.
actually if ur super low go SPL
oem would be a bad idea, they will bind
Old 01-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
xs240
BANNED

xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was drifting (when i used to like drifting). It didn't last the abuse. I am grip only now though. I didn't hit no curb or anything like that.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
SPL or Tien are always a good way to go. If your just daily driving the car i would recommend OEM.
Marc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #16
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
I had Moog..worked fine...got bored with them/ slid into a curb at 30mph . I switched to the Tien entire rod (inner and outer links).

I don't race my car but the increased steering angle from the Tien (with spacers) is GREAT for parking in the city!!! I can turn on a dime!
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
1trkmnd

1trkmnd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I had Moog..worked fine...got bored with them/ slid into a curb at 30mph . I switched to the Tien entire rod (inner and outer links).

I don't race my car but the increased steering angle from the Tien (with spacers) is GREAT for parking in the city!!! I can turn on a dime!
thats pretty funny. i guess that would benefit me cause parking sucks in san francisco!
1trkmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #18
95se
Zilvia Junkie

95se is an unknown quantity at this point
I just ordered the oem parts today.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
tein
or replacement oem style

the pillowball shit breaks too easy on tie rods

ikeya formula make some good tie rod ends with pillowballs thou.. thats about it