Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bypassing clutch dampner box VS. Nismo SS Kit

I am going to be replacing my clutch master cylinder on my 95 S14 and came across this site after searching here for more info, http://www.zeroyon.com/pics/installs...chlinemod.html. I am debating to do the dampner bypass mod or by the Nismo kit that is claimed to bypass the damoner as well. My question is this; does bypassing the dampner put excessive stress or ware on either the master or slave cylinder?, also what is the pedal feel like when compared to the Nismo kit. Sorry for the long post but my final question is does anyone have pics of the Nismo kit installed, I had it on my S13 but had a shop install it and have heard conflicting stories on if it really bypasses the dampner. Any help would really be appreciated.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
also search using rx7 lines
ultraDorksGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
Replicant_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Replicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of lightReplicant_S14 is a glorious beacon of light
Removing the damper and bending the hard line is free and only takes about 30mins including bleeding. You could always just give it a try and see what you think.
Rules of Boozing #10: Do not make eye contact with the bartender if you do not want a drink.
Replicant_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
goodjuan
Zilvia Junkie

goodjuan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goodjuan
yes for the love of God don't spend 80 dollars on the NISMO one. SPL makes a reasonable one.
goodjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry, I failed to mention that I already have the SPL line, and yes it is cheaper but it failed to provide the same pedal feel that I got from my Nismo line kit on the S13. The big issue is any future parts failure as a result of bypassing the dampner box, i.e. master or slave cylinder failure as a result of increased pressure. Ive got a few days before my clutch master cylinder arrives so I was wondering if any one has any first hand feedback on the bypass modification as far as longevity and pedal feel compared to the Nismo kit?
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
01SaturnL200
Banned from the Marketplace

01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 01SaturnL200 Send a message via Yahoo to 01SaturnL200
what does this do? makes the pedal more responsive?
01SaturnL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
BSeay
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

BSeay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BSeay
thats why you bend the hard line then attach the SS line... why waste $80 on the line when you could bend the hand line and achieve the same thing?

(i have the SPL parts line i'm just waiting on the nismo slave to put it all in and go from there)