Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question Wiring Harness Information

I recently picked up my 2nd S14, a 1995 SE that was Auto-Manual swapped. Now, my plan was originally to swap over a 95 Manual Engine Harness, ECU and Transmission harness since it was kinda a hackjob with an S13 Tranny Harness and the OD Lights and yeech...

Well, this got me thinking, why not swap the entire chassis harness over, and essentially make it a 5Spd car? Well, then I started to wonder if there was a difference between the SE and Base model 95 Harnesses, because of the Fogs, and Wipers, that drove me too, is there a difference between a 1996 (OBD2) Chassis Harness and a 1995 (OBD1/2) Chassis harness given same trims...

Reason being, I have a 1996 I'm going to part out soon, because it's rusting and cursed. It's already donating parts to the clean 95 I picked up, so why not use a Manual Dash and Chassis Harness? Would it mate to a 1995 Engine Harness/ECU?

Quote:
Please do not clog up this thread with parts requests
I realized there wasn't really a repository of info for this stuff, yeah we can tear apart multiple wiring diagrams, and I did search a few different ways, but in this case I guess I wanted to be spoon-fed a little bit, because I am wiring inept. But Also, just sort out any other issued other noobs might run into wiring wise, and if people wanted to link repinning guides or what-have you, feel free...

But I'm also looking (myself) for answers to my own questions... If anyone has any idea, please, chime in!

Last edited by SuperBlackS14; 06-19-2013 at 11:05 PM..
SuperBlackS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Blu813SD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Blu813SD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bumping this semi old post to the top.

I'm looking to throw a 95 SE Chassis Harness into my inside gutted 97 Kouki SE.

Basically I want to retain the OEM harness for the rear lights (runner and brake sensor lighting) as well as turn signals. This would also ensure the front lighting is included in the OEM chassis harness as well.

My problem is I have custom wiring. Nothing automated is hooked up yet such as wipers, windows, lights. Just the start up sequence on manual switches.

My question is, does anyone know what problems would I run into as far as running a 95 SE chassis harness on the 97 Kouki SE ? If I just have to run a few wires to relay a signal for fog lights or do a little custom wiring it's not bad. Just would like to know before hand what might not work.
Blu813SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Well, there are a few harnesses you're talking about here...

1st of the all, head-lights, turn signals for the front, fogs, wipers, ect, are connected to the Engine Bay Harness, which is part of that fuse box in the engine bay. That ends in a Huge Rectangle-shaped "Super Multi-Position Connector" or some such nonsense, that allows the behind dash harness and rear chassis harnesses to connect to it...

The White and Grey Connectors in here...

Here is how the Bay Harness mates up, note the fuse box in the bay at one end and the square white jumper at the other...

There is a grey box for the rear-chassis harness that connects to the behind dash harness as well. Now, each one was different according to ProjectRDM.

My best guess/suggestion would be to use the rear chassis harness from the 1997 and the front from a 1997 so all your kouki things light up right, at least that sounds like the easiest path, since I can't comment on individual differences between harnesses and years, but the 1995 and 1996 were different from each other, and the 1997-1998 were the different from the rest but the same as each other.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Question

So I was finishing up my Swap. --KA into Chassis that previously had a KA in it but was auto and I was an ornery fuck who decided to swap the Engine Bay Harness, Behind Dash Harness, Engine and Transmission Harnesses over from Auto units to 1995 SE Manual ones.--

I came across THIS Connector (the one not connected to anything off my Engine Harness).

Now, this connector comes off the Dash Harness, and connects to the right, where the other mass of wires is. This existed on my 96 and in my 95 FSM, but not on the Dash Harness Location of where it was supposed to be. So I have no idea what it controls and my FSM was kinda vauge on it in the wiring diagrams...

A related issue (I assume) is that when I go to start my car, I'm not hearing the fuel pump prime, and the starter won't fire either... But I have no idea why. Checked my grounds, fuses, and relays...