Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
World war z!

Yes, watch it, it was pretty good and it changes Zombies in a pretty cool way

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I heard it was pretty good actually, which is a huge shock.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
im gonna see it, but im very apprehensive about it.
1, brad pitt is one of my favorite actors but i dont think id prefer him for a movie like this. although i have to give him credit for bringing the book to life.
2, the reason wwz is my favorite book is because of all the different stories/view points. especially the japanese otaku. this movie seems like only 1 view point

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I've always been a fan of apocalypse movies especially nuclear disaster ones, but i like zombies too and the trailers for this were pretty interesting. And now you guys say this is based on a novel. I'm sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It is a pg 13 zombie movie, don't expect gore or it relating to the book.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
My friend that said he loved the book said he liked the movie. That was enough for me!
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
the book is great. going to watch the movie
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
i might have to watch this tonight. being that I've already watched superman and everything else that's come out that I wanted to see so far.

Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I liked the movie, but it wasn't anything super special. I had low expectations from all the CG zombies in the trailers, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the movie didn't suck ass. The CG zombie use isn't nearly as heavy as the trailers imply. But the movie is pg13. I'm sure many will find the lack of gore frustrating.

The movie isn't perfect, but it still had my girlfriend & I on the edge of our seats. I kept asking myself "I wonder how Rick, Carl, Darryl & Michionne would have handled this situation? Hmm..."
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
sentiumprogram
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sentiumprogram is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you're a casual movie viewer and a fan of zombie movies with gore and violence, this is not the movie for it.

Actually, there's hardly any sight of blood.
If a zombie ever gets melee'd by someone, you dont see them get directly attacked.

I do understand this was made from a book, so if you're a fan of the book, then go see it.
If you want blood and guts, you're better off renting dawn of the dead.

Just think of the move as a non-bloody action packed zombie version of Contagion.
That's the best I can describe the movie.
sentiumprogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #11
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I must say I am disappointed. I would say it was just okay only because it was kind of dramatic and suspenseful. Had it not been dramatic or suspenseful, I would have to say it sucked.

I didn't read the book, but I read the plot of the book on wikipedia before seeing the movie and wiki says the book focused on themes of war tactics, survival, being prepared, and how different parts of the world handled a zombie outbreak situation.

It seems the film failed to focus on most of those things the book covered. Instead, it was more like a generic zombie movie where you watch the main characters running away from zombies for 2 hours until they find a cure. I was hoping for something different. I felt like I was watching I Am Legend again. That movie got great reviews and I hated it too.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
its really annoying how people always say the book was better. I did read the book and loved it, and I've seen the movie and loved that as well. they are however 2 different things. the movie takes place before the book so don't expect it to be. the movie was very suspenseful and was well made, I do wish they added more gore and blood but i was not disappointed.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Watched it, pretty good movie but it is lacking the blood and gore we are used to seeing in zombie flicks but the hoards of zombies made up for that and IMHO did a pretty good job making up for the flaws in this movie. Zombie clicking teeth lol. BTW these are real zombies(in the movie) there bodies don't stop moving until you burn the bodies completely not infected humans that have a taste for human flesh so yea.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I just saw it...they planning on making a sequel since the ending wasnt really an ending?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Saw it. Movie was fantastic, for what it was.

If you read any of the commentary, there really is no real relation to the book. Brad Pitt's UN Inspector character doesn't even exist in the book. Apparently PIt has been trying to make the movie for a while, but they kept getting bogged down with the scope and how to tell the different stories.

What I'm disappointed with is how we continue to water down movies to appease China. Just like Red Dawn, this movie was edited to change the original source of the Zombies, China, to India. Heaven forbid we offend our Chinese bankers.

It's a suspenseful movie, I wasn't bothered by the lack of gore. It was never presented as a "horror/gore feast". It was an Outbreak movie with a race against the clock to do something to stop the epidemic.

I don't think we will see a sequel, its left open ended because that is how the book it. The book is a telling of all the different view points of how the war impacted each country and group. It's a spoof on the WWII Oral History project.

The world of WWZ is forever changed going forward, it's not a "cured, life is back to normal" event.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Watched it. Nothing special, but was not bad. Would I watch it again? Probably not
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Watched it. Nothing special, but was not bad. Would I watch it again? Probably not
Meh, I'll watch it again on netflix.

I was expecting "I am Legend" or "iRobot" from the TV animations but came away very pleased because my expectations had been set so low.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #18
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
reminds me of that one will smith movie a few years back.. what the hell was it called?!
anyways, yaa its a pretty good movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #19
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
reminds me of that one will smith movie a few years back.. what the hell was it called?!
anyways, yaa its a pretty good movie

The guy above you just said it.

I really enjoyed it, it laid on the suspense pretty heavy and I was at no point bored, which is how a movie should be.

Anyone else think the song during the ending credits was pretty dope?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #20
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I really liked the book. Still haven't seen the movie, but I don't have any high hopes after seeing the trailer.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
watched it this past weekend. Nothing special i guess, but it didnt suck which is hard to find nowadays. I dont think it's earned its tittle thou
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #22
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentiumprogram View Post
If you want blood and guts, you're better off renting dawn of the dead.

Just think of the move as a non-bloody action packed zombie version of Contagion.
That's the best I can describe the movie.
Meh. Well thanks for that. I get hyped on zombie stuff but the only ones that have done it for me is dawn of the dead, the walking dead and resident evil. Resident evil being one of those strange trip movies. I love feeling the intensity and directors/producers that make it a moot point to keep you on the edge of your seat the entire ride.

I guess it would be ok to take the family out to go see.