Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Nissan drops Launch Control from 2010 GT-R

11-20-2008 10:31 AM

Filed under: , ,

It appears that GT-R owners won't have to worry about voiding their warranties if they use Launch Control -- for the 2010 model year, the car won't come with the feature. Inside Line is quoting a Nissan exec as saying "It's gone. We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore. It'll make the 2009 GT-R really special. It'll be the only R35 with launch control."

We've previously reported cases where Nissan GT-R owners have brought their cars to the dealership with transmission trouble only to be told their warranties won't cover it. It turns out that disabling the car's VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) too often, in order to use the Launch Control function, meant Nissan wasn't covering the repairs. The cost to fix/replace the transmission is only $20,000, so you can imagine owners weren't too upset. Apparently the GT-R owner's manual states that damage to the transmission is not covered if it is proven to be the result of using Launch Control with the VDC turned off. In fact, the manual states that the only reason you should turn off VDC is to "rock" the vehicle when stuck in mud or snow. We await Nissan's revised performance numbers.

Thanks for the tip, Mike!

[Source: Inside Line]

Nissan drops Launch Control from 2010 GT-R originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
so if it was such a nightmare (warranty) does that mean they are covering warranties. yes i know there has been a ton of topics covering this. only reason i ask is.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Nice black GTR , and I do not think they are covering launch control issues as its already stated in the warranty its not covered.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdrifter View Post
so if it was such a nightmare (warranty) does that mean they are covering warranties. yes i know there has been a ton of topics covering this. only reason i ask is.

they dont cover it in the warranty thats why there taking it off ,
so many people messed up there cars and nissan wouldnt warranty it , so to avoid the hassle of so many claims they juss take it off ,

i say dont use urs and trade it in for a 10' model lol
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Good for them. You can never underestimate people's inability to read the owners manual, or do stupid thing. This is one little lesson nissan learned pretty quick I think.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
theres no reason to launch an AWD car like that anyway. how much more traction could you want/need off the line?
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaBot View Post
11-20-2008 10:31 AM

Nissan exec as saying "It's gone. We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore."

Damn!....how many broke?

Dude with the black gtr keep it and dont drive it. Maybe in a year or two you will have the only gtr with launch control and a working transmission. THEN! sell it on barrett Jackson! lol
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
MANY broke. i think someone even put a number on how many launches the tranny could hold up. 20 i think. ever been underneath one? there are so many moving parts. 2 f'ing driveshafts..not set up like the older gtrs at all. weight distribution is a plus though with the tranny in the rear
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #9
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Damn dude...

Sportmaxes and a GTR, perfect combo. lol

Quote:

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
theres no reason to launch an AWD car like that anyway. how much more traction could you want/need off the line?
without proper launch control, 0-60 and 1/4 times are 1-2 seconds slower.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
chris300zr
Zilvia Junkie

chris300zr is on the path to ruinchris300zr is on the path to ruin
its because people do stupid shit like repeatedly launch there car over and over with VDC off thats causing this. You cant expect nissan to shell out cash everytime someone does something stupid with their car.
chris300zr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #12
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
They shoulda built the tranny to hold the power. It seems like evo's and suby's dont have issues this bad, granted they dont have nearly the power, but hell, their also like a third the price...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
They shoulda built the tranny to hold the power. It seems like evo's and suby's dont have issues this bad, granted they dont have nearly the power, but hell, their also like a third the price...
I say the same thing. Either build the trannies to handle it, or don't put it there at all.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt_s13 View Post
Damn dude...

yea i know right just got the vert 1 month ago traded my gc8 for it.
hear are the rims i am putting on it just got them 2 weeks ago

also got a works9 aero and clear/red tail lights. its a daily driver..

hear is the other vert project

Old 11-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

i know the warranty is not covered.. im just wondering with the all these people buying them and using it and finding they are not covered. suprised there is not a class action law suit for those who have broken.

i know the red press car has 45 launches before it broke the ranny.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:33 AM   #16
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
it might have to do with the fact that it's such a limited production for the first year.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #17
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
the aftermarket with eventually come up with something to add launch control to the 2010+ models.. im sure of that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #18
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Quote:
Like i stated before when the evo's and wrx first started getting popular youll be surprised how many tranny issues there were. Especially honda owners moving over to awd and still driving awd cars by dumping the clutch and slamming their shifts. Maybe no one followed the problems with those cars because it was back in the day. But imagine the strain launching an almost 4k lb car awd to those speeds. Id like to see the price for a gtr then. Buy an evo and constantly rev up and launch off the line and tell me how the tranny holds up.

Also im not sure but don't quote me. The launch control was something that people figured out the car could do by pressing certain buttons. It wasnt exactly put into the car as an exclusive feature. More of like up up down down left right left right select start. If someone can research that and put it out in the clear.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #19
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

all you do is pressing everything inot r mode and wallla.. it enables it 4 you.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #20
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
I hope the performance numbers dont take to much of a hit, I think a better solution would be to leave launch control on the car but if you want to engage it, you would need to go to a nissan dealership and have it unlocked and in the process it would be known to you that your warranty would then be voided.
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #21
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
What a crap out, so instead of just beefing up the tranny we just get rid if it altogether. Wow what a way to totally tune down a great car. Way to go Nissan, so now not only is the car speed limited unless on a track, it now will have no launch feature to go a long with it's don't touch anything or void your warranty B.S. It's always somethig with Nissan either they donlt ship thier best to the US i.e. skyline, s15. Or when they do they wrap in so much red tape you need a swiss army knife just to get in the driver seat.... RANT
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #22
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1honda View Post
What a crap out, so instead of just beefing up the tranny we just get rid if it altogether. Wow what a way to totally tune down a great car. Way to go Nissan, so now not only is the car speed limited unless on a track, it now will have no launch feature to go a long with it's don't touch anything or void your warranty B.S. It's always somethig with Nissan either they donlt ship thier best to the US i.e. skyline, s15. Or when they do they wrap in so much red tape you need a swiss army knife just to get in the driver seat.... RANT
actually if you kept up with the news, you would know that the '10 model not only comes with like... a 5% hp boost, but also a stronger transmission, and now without the whole launch control program as well the transmission should be a lot more reliable. I'm just waiting for some one to put an rb26 6speed and hook up the atessa and call it a day, or just make it a rwd car
Old 11-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #23
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt_s13 View Post
Damn dude...

clearly he kept his eyes on the prize.... id have a geo metro as a daily and have the gtr as just a weekend car.... but then i don't make that kind of money so it doesn't really matter.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #24
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:

you know what makes me laugh? GTR with a s13 drop top rockin SPORT MAX wheels. lol
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #25
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1honda View Post
um dude, s15 is basically an s14 with some suspension mod. frames are the same....

and, a lot of it has to do with laws................... so what do you expect? even people in japan had to crack the ecu to remove the speed limit....
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 AM   #26
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
2 f'ing driveshafts..not set up like the older gtrs at all. weight distribution is a plus though with the tranny in the rear
The last 3 generation GTR had 2 driveshafts your point?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:01 AM   #27
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Incorrect massive grip will break things, driving your production car like a race car will break things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Like i stated before when the evo's and wrx first started getting popular youll be surprised how many tranny issues there were. Especially honda owners moving over to awd and still driving awd cars by dumping the clutch and slamming their shifts. Maybe no one followed the problems with those cars because it was back in the day. But imagine the strain launching an almost 4k lb car awd to those speeds. Id like to see the price for a gtr then. Buy an evo and constantly rev up and launch off the line and tell me how the tranny holds up.

Also im not sure but don't quote me. The launch control was something that people figured out the car could do by pressing certain buttons. It wasnt exactly put into the car as an exclusive feature. More of like up up down down left right left right select start. If someone can research that and put it out in the clear.
Incorrect it's not some sort of bypass it's software that was ment to come with the car (launch control) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
I'm just waiting for some one to put an rb26 6speed and hook up the atessa and call it a day, or just make it a rwd car
It isn't any stronger. It's has the same internals as a 300zx transmission, and the attessa isn't the same .
Old 11-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #28
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Steele View Post
The last 3 generation GTR had 2 driveshafts your point?
no they didn't, they had 1 drive shaft and 4 axle shafts. Which is completely different than 2 drive shafts and 4 axle shafts.

and the older gtr transmission was a great transmission, i just brought it up because as far as i know it's nissans only manual awd transmission.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #29
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
no they didn't, they had 1 drive shaft and 4 axle shafts. Which is completely different than 2 drive shafts and 4 axle shafts.

and the older gtr transmission was a great transmission, i just brought it up because as far as i know it's nissans only manual awd transmission.
How does power get from the transmission to the front diff?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #30
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
How does power get from the transmission to the front diff?
i'm pretty sure it's from an output shaft from the side of the transmission

but it wasn't from a drive shaft that connected from the rear transaxle that's for sure.