Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #61
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Now, this is the first arguement for a Chrysler/Dodge , Nissan/Renault arrangement that has any facts, on the Chrysler side in it and poses decent points.
Maybe if Mr Hemicharger had posted facts, rather than opinions, I might not have had to take him to school repeatedly.

Funny how someone mentioned earlier about how bad things were that even Mercedes could not correct it and Mr HemiCharger ignored it.

Though I will say Mel, the Titan was applauded in the heavy duty truck world for being as good as it is. It was considered a class leader.

P.S. I have nothing against Dodge trucks they have been badass back in the day and still are one of the few shinning star parts of that company.
Yea, I should have clerified, I meant the super heavy duty line of trucks, ie dullies that they have not been able to compete with. None of the Japanese brands have been able to pull it off. Toyota and Nissan are both scratching their heads right now. Nissan looks like their done scratchin and have a good solution...partner with Chrysler.

I LOVE the Titan. IMO, best looking truck on the market. Now, add the Rams underpinings and you have an absolute winner IMO. Like I said, it could easily outsell the Tundy.

But here's where I'm mostly torn. As BA as a Titan/Ram would be for Nissan, I think they need to bow out of this race entirely. With the new CAFE regulations, I think them pursuing this is a bad idea. It's only going to totally pull down their average fleet MPG in the wrong direction.

Quote me on this...mid-small size pick-ups are the wave of the future for the US. I know, sounds nuts right now. But see what happens in 5 years. 30mpg boxy ass pick-ups are gonna be the new black.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #62
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yea, I should have clerified, I meant the super heavy duty line of trucks, ie dullies that they have not been able to compete with. None of the Japanese brands have been able to pull it off. Toyota and Nissan are both scratching their heads right now. Nissan looks like their done scratchin and have a good solution...partner with Chrysler.

I LOVE the Titan. IMO, best looking truck on the market. Now, add the Rams underpinings and you have an absolute winner IMO. Like I said, it could easily outsell the Tundy.

But here's where I'm mostly torn. As BA as a Titan/Ram would be for Nissan, I think they need to bow out of this race entirely. With the new CAFE regulations, I think them pursuing this is a bad idea. It's only going to totally pull their average fleet MPG in the wrong direction.

Quote me on this...mid-small size pick-ups are the wave of the future for the US. I know, sounds nuts right now. But see what happens in 5 years. 30mpg boxy ass pick-ups are gonna be the new black.
You know what Mel? Your probably right on that. America loves its pickups always has always will.
I do agree going up segment into super heavy duty trucks is a bad idea at this time.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #63
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
You know what Mel? Your probably right on that. America loves its pickups always has always will.
I do agree going up segment into super heavy duty trucks is a bad idea at this time.
Also, the manufacturers have no choice but to pursue other routes for truck design other then...GIANT. The mid-Size pick-up segment has been all but ignored over the last 10 years because of the focus on the Full-Sizers (where th money has been). Well that money is shrinking. There has to be a shift (no pun intended) in consumer demand, and that shift will come when the manufactures start saying, "Hey, we just can't built that any more". Shit, it's gonna happen sooner then later too. Take for instance the ZR1, CTSV, new Viper...those are it. Those are going to be the last generation of huge HP American supercar monsters we're gonna see. The C7 Vette is going to a totally different animal. Like a vette, Elise-ised.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #64
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didn't think intelligent discussion was possible in this thread. lol
Old 01-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #65
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Thank you Dave and Mel for reviving this failing thread.

You insight, facts, and wisdom have made this thread worth actually reading.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #66
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

HemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Wow. Just wow. I missed out on this whole thing. I could go on for days, but like normal, Mr. Drift Freaq sums shit up real nice. So I'll touch on the deal between Nissan and Chrysler,

Chrysler is in SHAMBLES right now. BESIDES the Charger and 300C they have a terrible portfolio. Go search for my "Industry" thread to read further.

Did you know that the Hemi is going bye-bye again? Yea, that's right. It's being replaced by a V6. Co-President Jim Press has declared, "The Hemi is not the powertrain of the future.".

With that being said, Nissan teaming up with Chrysler to build a full-size truck is a brilliant idea. The new Tundra has sold well, but not well enough. And Toyota still hasn't been able to engineer a heavy Duty truck. If this deal goes together Nissan will the first Import brand to be able to offer a real heavy duty full-size truck. It still won't outsell the Tundra, but at least they'll have a valid competitor. The Titan only sold 65,746 units last yea, but a deal like this I can see making a huge impact and maybe even matching that of the Tundra's 196,555 units. It's also smart for Chrysler. They were number 4 last year and the more they can spread the truck out the more profitable it will be.

The Hemi is not going no where it is due for an upgrade with VVT and special engine control 25-30 mpg just might be possible -- I have gotten up to 25 mpg in my Charger.

check out --
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Yes Dodge trucks are bad as I just saw a little red express sell for 50 grand on Barrett Jackson. Nissan had some cool cars and maybe I am more fond of them from my childhood. Hell the 240sx s14 96 I just bought is so clean I am almost afraid to put an sr20 in it. I might find a 90-93 model to throw one in it. The 510 is a nice car to and I have seen some of them tricked out. The cool thing about past Nissan's especially those brought over here was most of them had T-tops standard. My NX kinda looked like an egg but it was not ugly and it had an SR20de only image what it could do with a turbo version of that engine. You are right I was expressing my opinion on past Nissan products and applying it to what they make today. If Nissan could bring back certain cars and make T-tops along with turbos standard on their new Z maybe it would peak my interest more instead of just making a stripped out basic sports car. I guess that is why the 300 had ZX behind it and the 350 just has a Z. The X added the extra luxury items that I liked so much in the older Nissans.
HemiCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #67
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCharger View Post
The Hemi is not going no where it is due for an upgrade with VVT and special engine control 25-30 mpg just might be possible -- I have gotten up to 25 mpg in my Charger.
It may not be going anywhere in the NEAR future, but the freaking VP said it's out. That was not a rumor. He SAID IT.

Quote:
Yes Dodge trucks are bad as I just saw a little red express sell for 50 grand on Barrett Jackson. Nissan had some cool cars and maybe I am more fond of them from my childhood. Hell the 240sx s14 96 I just bought is so clean I am almost afraid to put an sr20 in it. I might find a 90-93 model to throw one in it. The 510 is a nice car to and I have seen some of them tricked out. The cool thing about past Nissan's especially those brought over here was most of them had T-tops standard. My NX kinda looked like an egg but it was not ugly and it had an SR20de only image what it could do with a turbo version of that engine. You are right I was expressing my opinion on past Nissan products and applying it to what they make today. If Nissan could bring back certain cars and make T-tops along with turbos standard on their new Z maybe it would peak my interest more instead of just making a stripped out basic sports car. I guess that is why the 300 had ZX behind it and the 350 just has a Z. The X added the extra luxury items that I liked so much in the older Nissans.
I don't get why you keep bringing up Nissan's history? We all know about that. You're not wowing us with your attempted history class.

This thread is about Nissan and Chrysler making sweet truck love. Try and stay on topic.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #68
KrazyKyle

KrazyKyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Chrysler will have their version of the Versa sedan that will only be sold in South America. This year the Nissan Smyrna plant will be producing a king cab frontier that will be badged as the Suzuki Equator.
KrazyKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 AM   #69
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
corvette+skyline gtr = awesome haha

I want to put an ls1 already in my 240... im ahead of the game :P

LS7 + awd/techy gizmos of a gtr = win
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #70
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Ummm, Corvette is GM, not Chysler.

You knew that though right? Just decided to add to the conversation with whatever came to mind?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #71
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
corvette+skyline gtr = awesome haha

I want to put an ls1 already in my 240... im ahead of the game :P

LS7 + awd/techy gizmos of a gtr = win
People have been putting ls1'is in 240's for years.

Hence the V8 FAQ section... http://www.zilvia.net/f//showthread.php?t=105615
Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #72
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaBot View Post
Filed under: Chrysler, Nissan
Citing inside sources, Bloomberg reports today that Chrysler and Nissan are in talks to develop cars, trucks and engines together. Both companies happen to be the third largest automakers in their home market and both are used to collaborative efforts in car making. Chrysler is working with Volkswagen on minivans and Chinese automaker Chery on a small car, for instance, while Nissan-Renault continues to seek a partner in the U.S. after a proposed partnership with General Motors fell through. Chrysler and Nissan, however, are reportedly not considering acquiring any type of ownership in each other. The co-development would be limited to truck development for Nissan, small car development for Chrysler and joint development of new engines. Nissan is likely hoping that tapping into a U.S. automakers' expertise on full-size trucks will lead to changes that make its Titan pickup more competitive. Chrysler, meanwhile, is still without a car smaller than the Caliber and could benefit from Nissan's experience selling small cars in Japan and Europe. Again, the talks are private so neither company has confirmed they're in discussions, but collaboration on this scale seems to becoming more common in the industry, especially for automakers that aren't the biggest, but aren't the smallest, either.

[Source: Bloomberg]Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BAD NISSAN! Chrysler products are the biggest pieces of shit on the market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
nissan should team up with BMW just because of the fact that the M3 is ballin and their cars look a whole lot better then nissan... we need a 325i at a altima price...
BMW's may look nice, but they're over-complicated and over-priced. Do you know that the 6 series has 70 ONBOARD COMPUTERS, and they all communicate with eachother. I got that info straight from a BMW rep's mouth. I'd rather drive a fucking hyundai! At least when it breaks down I can afford to fix it!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #73
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I work at a Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership. I drive cars from dealership to dealership, trips that cover hundreds of miles, so I have a little bit of experience driving Chrysler products. The majority of Chrysler products are complete garbage. Take for instance the shittiest car in Chrysler's lineup- the Dodge Avenger. I have never driven such a poorly manufactured car. Never before or since had I ridden in a car new car that was so squeaky, and yes, it was a 2008. The radio (which was nice because it had Sirius, like all new Chryslers) couldnt even go loud enough to drown out the squeaking that was coming from inside the dash. That wasnt the only problem with the car. It was slow. REAL slow. Any Chrysler product that has a base engine is slow. Slow, boring engines sitting in cars that cant even DREAM of handling like a Japanese sedan. Two weeks ago I drove a 300C and a 2007 Camry in the same day. The Camry handled unbelievably better than the 300C.

I think people tend to overlook the flaws of Jeeps because they accept them for what they are- Jeeps. They are simple trucks. They are rugged and brash and people love them for that. Lets not go comparing them to anything else. I will say, however, that on the manual Wranglers that 6th gear is completely useless. The car will not hold its speed in 6th; this should have been addressed by Chrysler before it was put into production. Oh, one more complaint about Jeep. I have delievered TWO Jeep Libertys that had a problem with their indicator lights on the dash. They would light up completely ramdomly for about a second at a time, just short enough to make me think I was going nuts. Sometimes it was accompanied with one short warning chime. I dont know about you but I dont think a new car should do that.

There is one car, however, that I had nothing but good things to say about. I even recommended it to a family friend who was in the market for a car. The Dodge Caliber, aside from looking not-so-handsome, is one damn good car. Tight, solid construction, a nice 6 speed manual, decent engine, and an interior that REALLY impressed me. Lets hope this is a sign of things to come from Chrysler.

Oh, and one last thing. I have delivered both a Silverado 3500HD Double Cab Extended Bed Turbo Diesel and a Ram 3500 Double Cab Extended Bed Cummins Turbo Diesel and I would take the Silverado over it hands down any day. Everything about the Silverado just felt better than the Ram.

P.S. the owner of the Chrysler dealership owns and drives two GMs. He doesnt own a Chrysler. What does that tell you?

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #74
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post

P.S. the owner of the Chrysler dealership owns and drives two GMs. He doesnt own a Chrysler. What does that tell you?

so? i work at a subaru dealership, and the owner has a jeep wrangler, and his wife has a brand new mustand convertible and a toyota Sienna. is because subaru sucks? hardly. its because subie doesnt make a minivan, the owner has always loved jeep wranglers, and the wifey wanted a girl car.

i agree with most of everything else you put there though, but that last bit doesn't prove anything.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #75
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
so? i work at a subaru dealership, and the owner has a jeep wrangler, and his wife has a brand new mustand convertible and a toyota Sienna. is because subaru sucks? hardly. its because subie doesnt make a minivan, the owner has always loved jeep wranglers, and the wifey wanted a girl car.

i agree with most of everything else you put there though, but that last bit doesn't prove anything.

Ya but chrysler DOES make a version of whatever GM products he and his family are driving and he could have gotten the chrysler versions for a DEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP discount. That tells me that he doesn't trust the products he sells, there is no bigger quality statement then that.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #76
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
when you phrase it like that, i agree.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #77
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

HemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymore
I pretty much stopped posting here due to the lack of information and the blasted inaccurate opinions of idiots on this board. My boss owns a Dodge dealership and does not even drive a dodge - dodge sucks blah blah blah ---

I have owned Honda, Nissan and have a s14 zenki right now along with an 07 hemi charger. Dodge's new Charger and Challenger are great cars even if you personally do not like them. I get within 5 mpg in my Charger with MDS as I do with my s14 ka24de and the Charger has 340 hp and 390 ft lbs of torque. Ok I guess you are right they are not the street Hemi warrior engines from the late 60s to early 70s but it is faster than 99 percent of the cars on the road. It has autostick is well optioned and is a pure blast to drive. Charger Super Bees, Challenger Trans Am, SRT 8s they are all making a come back. How long they will be in the market remains to be seen.

This I work at a dealership that sells Dodge and they really suck blah blah blah crap is for the birds. Who cares if they do not drive them. I have almost 15000 miles on my 07 Charger and have had no major issues. The 6 speed SRT4 Caliber is co engineered with Mitsu/ Hyundai and they are good cars as well. The quality issues remain the be seen but I have been very happy with my car.

You can neg rep me all you want but I did not see any facts posted on here as to why people think Dodge sucks so bad. I have seen opinions stated as facts and biased based junk on those cars. I have never owned a Dodge product before my Charger but I assure you it outperforms Lexus, BMW, and Infiniti products as far as quality and speed. Oh and I test drove the 3 series BMW, Lexus IS, and Inf, G35 and none of them are as impressive as the Hemi Charger. It may be a redneck car, loud and in your face but cars costing twice as much can not hold a candle to it. It may be the king of its class right now and other car markers are scrambling to market with more powerful engines to compete.

You all can neg rep me all you want but it does not change you opinions then please by all means go and test drive an SRT8 Challenger and then come back here and tell everyone how much it sucks as you are buying as much performance as a viper for a fraction of the cost. The only ones that are misinformed are the peps on this thread bashing cars and a car company which is the backbone of americana.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #78
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I've driven several on a constant basis, from the Charger to the 300C to the Magnum in SRT8 forms. The interior isn't that great. it's nice, but not up to par to say a 5 series. Are they fast? Hell yeah, but cars aren't all about speed.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #79
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
I've driven several on a constant basis, from the Charger to the 300C to the Magnum in SRT8 forms. The interior isn't that great. it's nice, but not up to par to say a 5 series. Are they fast? Hell yeah, but cars aren't all about speed.

the interiors are not that great I will give you that but at the BMW dealership I drove several 325is and 328is and while they were very well optioned up cars -- they seemed weak compared to Hemi powered cars and one of the bimmers had less than 30 thousand miles on it and died before I could get it out of the dealership parking lot.

Diamler Benz was a great fit with Chrysler however they could not make it work right. Maybe the equity firm owning them will be better but it was with Benz technology that allowed Chrysler to make chargers and challengers again. The verdict is still out on the quality of the cars but I tell you that premium luxury cars feel weak compared to the LX Hemi powered cars. BMW has since come up with the 6 series and the new 330 which I am sure are better cars but cost about 30-40 percent more than the Dodges.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #80
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Have you tried the 335i coupe? The other 3 series cars are weak compared to it. Anyways, back to some Chrysler Nissan truck making love stuff.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:05 AM   #81
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We have not given you facts? Here's a fact. THE AVENGER RATTLES LIKE A MOFO AND THE BUILD QUALITY WAS HORRIBLE. What more do you want than that? It is a fact. I even praised the Caliber. My review didnt seem biased at all.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #82
racepar1
Post Whore!

All chrysler products have computer problems. Most chrysler products have cooling system problems. Almost all chrysler products have tranny problems. Almost all chrysler products are rattly, squeaky, pieces of crap. Almost no chrysler products do well in any performance categories. These are the facts mr hemicharger.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #83
Antihero983
Post Whore!

^^speaking of chrysler ECU issues...

remember back in the day when the caravan first came out? lol the placed the ECU in such a bad place in the engine bay, it would get covered in salt and sand and other road debris and literally rot out!!!

i think no matter what we say, hemicharger will still blindly defend chrysler corp......

and btw, the viper is dead by 2011.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 AM   #84
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

My Charger does have some rattle issues especially on cold mornings but when it warms up that goes away. Plus I do not think the Lexus IS300 that I smoked was worried about rattles probably that he just got smoked by a 4500 lb tank of a car. I agree with everyone here that past Chrysler and Dodge products are crap. They sure are but in 50 years do you think you will ever see a JDM/ Euro Skyline GTR run through Barrett Jackson for a million bucks or so. I highly doubt it. Go buy a car and driver or car book review and take a look at it. The Charger may not be a world beater as far as quality but customer satisfaction is through the roof. Lets look at domestic cars that it competes with i.e. Caprice, Malibu, Marquis, Ford 500. It is far better than those cars and is priced in line with them.

Again I looked at a lot of domestic and import cars before I went and laid my money down. I could not find a car as comfortable, affordable, and as performance oriented for the money. Past may be an indication of future performance but as of right now the past quality issues that Chrysler has faced is a thing of the past.

Back on topic, Dodge trucks are good and always have been back to the RamCharger days. Nissan and Chrysler would be a great pairing in that Chrysler could supply larger Hemi derived engines to power Nissan's larger full size trucks and Chrysler could get cars such as the Versa to increase their CAFE numbers so they can continue to build 400-500 hp Chargers and Challengers.

does not look like junk to me...

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/
Old 02-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #85
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Back on topic, Dodge trucks are good and always have been back to the RamCharger days. Nissan and Chrysler would be a great pairing in that Chrysler could supply larger Hemi derived engines to power Nissan's larger full size trucks and Chrysler could get cars such as the Versa to increase their CAFE numbers so they can continue to build 400-500 hp Chargers and Challengers.
I believe Nissan will use their own powerplant. They have plenty of capable engines to use. Their 5.4 is a monster. I think just the actual platform of the Ram will be used. That's just my theory.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #86
Antihero983
Post Whore!

um exitspeed? its a 5.6 not a 5.4.......
Old 02-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #87
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
um exitspeed? its a 5.6 not a 5.4.......
Oh yea, my bad. I knew that.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #88
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:

does not look like junk to me...

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/
Actually the ONLY thing about dodge trucks that is good is the cummins turbo diesel engines and the DANA rear ends. The trannies SUCK! PERIOD! Trust me I worked as a transmission tech for a few years. The fit and finish of their interior is marginal at best and their gasoline engines are average. The 2 best trannies on the market today (for trucks) are the 4L80-E's and the alison's, bot of which come in GM's trucks.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #89
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Oh yea, my bad. I knew that.
yeah but it does make you wonder where all this is going since the 5.6 liter titan has like 320 hp or so and the new Dodge has like 390 hp. Dodge's main goal I believe is to out do all other manufacturers by 10-20 percent in horsepower numbers. The winner of the Daytona 500 of course a Dodge Charger-- Alltel Car.....
Old 02-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #90
Rogue240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Rogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud ofRogue240sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rogue240sx
Jesus fucking christ it's a partnership not a merger what's the big fucking deal?

Nissan might want a diesel and dodge might want a small 4 cylinder engine. Nissan could use some pointers on heavy duty 4x4 chassis and dodge could certainly use some help on passenger car suspension.

Why is everyone so pissed off here? the worst that would happen is a few new models pop up. if they suck the co-op will fade and they'll go their separate ways. Not a huge deal although the CARB (read that as "half assed attempt to control pollution") problem does suck i don't think it'll be that bad of a hit against Nissan and it could only help Mopar.

edit: not to be a bigot but there isn't much difference manufacture to manufacturer do to the overly strict regulations in Nascar. The only thing really different is the engines and they're limited in power anyway. Manufacturers don't really have a pull there it's more of the individual teams that depict if a car has what it takes to win in Nascar.

Last edited by Rogue240sx; 02-18-2008 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: added nascar blurb to avoid double posting
Rogue240sx is offline   Reply With Quote