Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #31
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
I'll tell you what. The drag prius doesn't have anything close to the stock power train in it. Show me some hybrids that are fast besides the over priced lexus offerings. Just because I have an opinion different than yours doesn't mean it's wrong. What makes you such an expert? Google? JDM drift videos? Lived in Japan for a couple of years on a military base? lol Give me a break. Let's talk hybrid sportscars under $27k that the average tuner joe can afford. I'm not buying into this hybrid crap. Make the econo-toy cars for the hippies and give the rest of use small displacement and turbos.
No lets not talk hybrid sports cars under $27k because we are not talking about low - mid market economy cars. for hybrids to truly take off i agree they have to be cheap and start at like $13k like Scions. But the Hybrid SportCom or even full fledged Sports car are not going to be cheap. But if Nissan really wants to push this it would definitely start a whole new trend of sports car or sport com with a hybrid option.

Expert? well, I don't think of my self as one but thanks.
No I just watch allot of discovery channel when it has anything to do with cars. I have been reading about electric drag cars since forever in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics. The difference between me and you is that I don't discredit something just because I don't think its worth while or do-able.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #32
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
i worked at toyota. priuses are a fucking waste of money.

watching about them and actually working on them are two different things irax.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #33
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
No lets not talk hybrid sports cars under $27k because we are not talking about low - mid market economy cars. for hybrids to truly take off i agree they have to be cheap and start at like $13k like Scions. But the Hybrid SportCom or even full fledged Sports car are not going to be cheap. But if Nissan really wants to push this it would definitely start a whole new trend of sports car or sport com with a hybrid option.

Expert? well, I don't think of my self as one but thanks.
No I just watch allot of discovery channel when it has anything to do with cars. I have been reading about electric drag cars since forever in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics. The difference between me and you is that I don't discredit something just because I don't think its worth while or do-able.
I threw $27k out there just to give you the benefit of the doubt considering the cars you listed were in the $90k+ range. A boring slow Prius stickers at about $21,100 - $23,370. As we all know anytime you add something "performance" that price goes up...so let's say $27k for a theoretical "Hybrid Sportscar".

I asked what made you such an expert because you certainly run your mouth like you were the man when it came to this stuff. Unfortunately I was wrong because as you said, "I just watch allot of discovery channel when it has anything to do with cars. I have been reading about electric drag cars since forever in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics."

Wow, I bow to your superior knowledge of all things automotive /end sarcasm

I'm arguing the point that it will never happen because of the many reasons I and several others listed in this thread. You are saying it could, it very well might. It isn't likely though.

Like I said before you decided to run your mouth again, "let's agree to disagree". Unless you or I work at Nissan neither one of us is going to know anything until it leaks on the internet. But hey, this is fun. I love talking about this stuff. At the very least you are being civil now. Thanks :-)
Old 05-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #34
devnull
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
devnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
DID EVERYONE FUCKING FORGET ABOUT THE LEXUS HYBRIDS? The L and the G hybrids have 0-60 in less than 5.5 seconds. The L has 485 HP and the G has 375

AND THEY BOTH GET 30 MPG!

FUCK ALL OF YOU!

Who wants 485 hp and 30mpg on a understated EPA average AND STILL HANDLES REALLY GOOD?

I do

neg rep for everyone thats talking shit about hybrids

kthnxbye
If you could drop 90k on a car...nevermind a lexus...why the fuck would you give a rats ass about fuel economy? There are other much more effective ways to spend 90k caring about the environment. Why the fuck would you throw money at a car when the batteries of said car will over the course of their existence cause more pollution than they saved by powering a hybrid car?

Who's the idiot here, mister neg repper?
Old 05-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #35
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
If you could drop 90k on a car...nevermind a lexus...why the fuck would you give a rats ass about fuel economy? There are other much more effective ways to spend 90k caring about the environment. Why the fuck would you throw money at a car when the batteries of said car will over the course of their existence cause more pollution than they saved by powering a hybrid car?

Uh it shows you are not around a lot of rich people. Contrary to what people think I know a lot of Millionaires that own Hybrids.Hell there are a lot of Stars in Hollywood big name stars driving Hybrids.
I also know a lot of Millionaires driving regular cars. Fact is the image that all rich people drive fancy or super expensive cars is a stereotype. Hell Warren Buffet one of the richest men in the world does not have a chauffer he drives himself around.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-24-2008, 02:21 AM   #36
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
rich people drive hybrids for the image that theyre doing the right thing.

but hey, guess what? hybrids still put out the same amount of emissions as a regular car. IT STILL HAS A GAS ENGINE ATTATCHED.

honestly, for the money i would rather get a civic Si or something of the like and get 30+ mpg and not have to worry about an expensive hybrid system breaking after the warranty is up.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #37
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post

you still are

the Hybrid G starts at 55k

who said nissan is going to make a 90k hybrid silvia? what makes you think that Nissan, who doesn't have any hybrids at all (at least in the USA) is going to start with the 's16'? at the very most if there is a hybrid option I find it VERY unlikely that it would capout more than 30k, with base gas engine non turbo option capping at 25k which most of zilvia still can't afford. I'm poor too, but I'm not pretending that I'll buy a new one either.

98s14inaz: I mention that stuff because I keep up with everything going on that is related to my interest and those were the only specific sources that i could think of at the time. Sorry for taking it too seriously it just REALLY erks me when people just close their minds to modifying anything, and downplaying any new technology.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #38
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
The theoretical "Silvia Hybrid" that was suggested in the op's thread is not going to be marketed towards the wealthy. That's why I kind of scoffed at the notion of the Lexus cars being mentioned. The car needs a price point below the Z for Nissan to compete with the offerings from the other companies like Toyota/Subaru/Hyundai. I just don't see the price being low enough considering how much it costs for a boring slow Prius. I'd take small displacement and turbo over hybrid any day of the week and it would still have great fuel economy.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #39
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
The theoretical "Silvia Hybrid" that was suggested in the op's thread is not going to be marketed towards the wealthy. That's why I kind of scoffed at the notion of the Lexus cars being mentioned. The car needs a price point below the Z for Nissan to compete with the offerings from the other companies like Toyota/Subaru/Hyundai. I just don't see the price being low enough considering how much it costs for a boring slow Prius. I'd take small displacement and turbo over hybrid any day of the week and it would still have great fuel economy.

well this is true, but I still think Nissan has a hat trick left to do if this becomes more than a rumor. You can't compair a hybrid sport-com to a sports car. Even when it comes to price range, sure if for the same price they could get a Z but consumers are getting smarter and smarter and actually thinking about fuel economy. If the option was available to me I would rather have a moderate horse power hybrid over a Z only because for the most part my commute to work is less then a mile. That isn't even far enough for the gas engine to be turned on. But at the same time there is also the option for the hybrid to be the low end model that is just economy spec and if thats true it is more likely to be under 25k. The reason why i mentioned the lexus hybrids was to point out the fact that there is production performance hybrids on then market.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #40
devnull
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
devnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
who said nissan is going to make a 90k hybrid silvia?
You expressed your interest in the lexus cars. I didn't say a damn thing about a 90k silvia. I stated that there are better ways to spend that much money...both in terms of cars and in terms of reducing your pollution footprint.

My issue with hybrids is that they are a weak stop-gap effort to reduce pollution and they never do as well as they promise. Their very premise is flawed because of the extra pollution byproducts in the manufacture and eventual disposal of their electric systems.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #41
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
lol Rumormill. What a tool, lol.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #42
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
rich people drive hybrids for the image that theyre doing the right thing.

but hey, guess what? hybrids still put out the same amount of emissions as a regular car. IT STILL HAS A GAS ENGINE ATTATCHED.

honestly, for the money i would rather get a civic Si or something of the like and get 30+ mpg and not have to worry about an expensive hybrid system breaking after the warranty is up.
Actually that is a ignorant statement on your part but given that you live in NH and not Cali I will let it slip on by. Fact is contrary to your beliefs there are rich people in California who do actually care about the enviroment which is why they are running hybrids. I know I live here you don't.

Oh and this thread has runs its course it should die.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #43
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Actually, hes partly correct.

Hybrid vehicles give the illusion of being eco friendly, when in fact they are quite the opposite.

Quote:
The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.
http://clubs.ccsu.edu/Recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Misinformed people think that Hybrids are the least polluting cars out there, but when you take into account the pollution created in manufacturing one, the statistics show that building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius.

You want to be ecofriendly? Drive a Honda CRX HF.

As for a Hybrid Silvia, What fucktard thought that rumor up?

Nissan has said many times that hybrid vehicles are a waste of resources and just a band-aid technology and that they do not intend on going down the hybrid path. Instead, they are perusing full electric propulsion, as previewed in the CUBE EV concept.

This hybrid Silvia nonsense, is just that, nonsense.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:20 AM   #44
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Actually, hes partly correct.

Hybrid vehicles give the illusion of being eco friendly, when in fact they are quite the opposite.

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/Recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Misinformed people think that Hybrids are the least polluting cars out there, but when you take into account the pollution created in manufacturing one, the statistics show that building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius.

You want to be ecofriendly? Drive a Honda CRX HF.

As for a Hybrid Silvia, What fucktard thought that rumor up?

Nissan has said many times that hybrid vehicles are a waste of resources and just a band-aid technology and that they do not intend on going down the hybrid path. Instead, they are perusing full electric propulsion, as previewed in the CUBE EV concept.

This hybrid Silvia nonsense, is just that, nonsense.
I don't disagree with this. I was just pointing out a couple of things in this discussion.
1. Regardless of how actually ecologically friendly the cars may actually be, some people including rich people and celebrities are purchasing and driving these cars with good intention and not just for grandstanding.
2. Both sides have some validity to their arguments but their are flaws.

In conclusion like I stated before this thread should die. Its speculation at best and we do not know. If cell technology could be refined to be less labor and have less impact on the environment down the road. it might be a way to go.
I

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #45
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:

good for youuu, THAAAAANKS

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
Old 05-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #46
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

In conclusion like I stated before this thread should die.
Yes.

And we've been discussing the new RWD coupe from Nissan for months and months in the RWD thread in OT.