Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #1
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
NoFlex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sr20det maf wiring please help

Good day,

I am in the process of setting up my rs enthalpy ecu on my redtop sr20det. In the process of wiring my z32 maf i am having some issues. The harness wires I have are a different color than all the diagrams. I have a green wire, a white one, and a black wire with a red wire that are connected to each other that came off of the sr20 pigtail. All the diagrams say the sr20 has a white, black, and a white/black wire. Having a hard time figuring out which of these wires is power ground and reference. Anyone have these colored wires in the loom of their maf connector?
NoFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Regardless of color, 1 should be 12v, 1 should be 5v and the other will be ground. Should be a quick job even if your colors don't match.

Get a multimeter and use this diagram. ground one of the z32 harness ground wires to your sr20 harness, ground the other ground wire to the chassis.

URGENT: This diagram is from the back of the plug. if you are looking at your z32 plug from front, this will be backwards. The image in the diagram assumes you are looking at the back where the wires go into the connector.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf...%20NISSANS.PDF

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...electedIndex=5
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicoder View Post
Regardless of color, 1 should be 12v, 1 should be 5v and the other will be ground. Should be a quick job even if your colors don't match.

Get a multimeter and use this diagram. ground one of the z32 harness ground wires to your sr20 harness, ground the other ground wire to the chassis.

URGENT: This diagram is from the back of the plug. if you are looking at your z32 plug from front, this will be backwards. The image in the diagram assumes you are looking at the back where the wires go into the connector.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf...%20NISSANS.PDF
I appreciate you helping me out. I have been following that diagram but i think i have been doing it backwards. I didnt realize that its backwards if i am looking at the front of the plug. Much thanks
Old 04-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

So i definitely have it wired correctly now. Every time i hit the gas pedal the car immediately falls on its face. When i unplug the maf it idles great, but wont rev past 3k. Do i have a bad maf?
Old 04-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #6
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When you had it wired backwards, how much driving did you do that way? How long was it wired backwards?

You can fry the ECU if its hooked up backwards. (dont freak out. I had mine wired backwards a whole hour and it was fine after switching it back)

Hook the maf up, and crank the car, force your multimeter prong in the back of the plug connector where the harness goes in and make sure you are getting 12v and 0-5v on the correct wires. Do the same to test your grounds

Make sure your chassis ground is done correctly.

TIP: I soldered mine and it was cold, so although it was stuck together it didnt work. ended up just using crimp connectors and heat shrink tubing and it started working.

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicoder View Post
When you had it wired backwards, how much driving did you do that way? How long was it wired backwards?

You can fry the ECU if its hooked up backwards. (dont freak out. I had mine wired backwards a whole hour and it was fine after switching it back)

Hook the maf up, and crank the car, force your multimeter prong in the back of the plug connector where the harness goes in and make sure you are getting 12v and 0-5v on the correct wires. Do the same to test your grounds

Make sure your chassis ground is done correctly.

TIP: I soldered mine and it was cold, so although it was stuck together it didnt work. ended up just using crimp connectors and heat shrink tubing and it started working.
Luckily it was not wired backwards. Heres where Im at, I took the maf out of the car, bench tested it by giving it power and ground. Hooked up the reference to my multimeter. When i would give it some air with my air compressor it was getting between .7 and 2.5 volts. The Maf seems to be operational, i am now worried my ecu may be bad.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
did you get the ecu programmed to run z32 maf?
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #9
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
did you get the ecu programmed to run z32 maf?

Yes rs enthalpy