Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:39 AM   #31
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The exhaust ports were cleaned off as well,

Motor was finally assembled,
started to get all of the accessories on minus A/C, It was always just taking up space in there, never really cared to hook it up. So it was time to ditch it.

Got the intake manifold on, finally the motor was pieced back together in about 2 weeks time.

So as soon as i tightened down the exhaust manifold, I noticed something that resembled a crack along the last runner.
further examined it and it was definitely a crack that had developed. probably from the exhaust hangers constantly breaking on me.

Before letting it get worse i took the manifold back off and drove over to my friends house so he could weld it up for me.
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #32
HGs14
Leaky Injector

so after i got the manifold welded, and put it back on the motor it was finally ready to go home.

loaded it back into my friend Dustin's truck and unloaded it in his garage where my car currently was.

So while the motor was getting reassembled, I wanted to take the time to clean up my engine bay up a little bit.

I took a bottle of degreaser and started scrubbing. then took a pressure washer and cleaned off 20 years of old dirt, oil, and grime that had been collecting in the engine bay.

Took out all the emissions crap that was hanging out in the bay doing nothing,
as well as the old A/C condenser a couple of other useless brackets.

I also was finally able to relocate my battery to the trunk and have it mounted properly compared to a shitty ratchet strap that I had there previously.

also painted over where the battery had leaked a bit of battery acid as well as under the brake master cylinder where some brake fluid had leaked from a long time ago.

I also picked up a tomei bell mouth style exhaust elbow off my friend for $80 off my friend.

the weekend was finally here meaning, the time had come to drop the motor back in.

I was so excited to be able to get this thing back on the road.
even though i drove at a drift event in December it still felt like i haven't really drove the car in months.

bunch of friends came over, picked up a bunch of cheap beer and had a badass motor drop in party/garage hang sesh.

didnt really get the chance to take more pictures that night, since I was pretty busy trying to bolt everything back on but I managed to get the motor in pretty quickly that night.

came back sunday morning and worked on the car some more with my friend Dustin, we knocked out a bunch of stuff like mounting the battery and mounting all of the intercooler piping.

the time came to try and start the motor.

sure enough it started first try, but was not holding any oil pressure.

quickly started looking around for leaks and found that the turbo oil feed line wasn't fully threaded into the block.
Not only that but the AN fittings that I was running were leaking pretty terribly.
tried to fix them but there was no hope saving them since it looked like they've been re-used plenty of times. Decided I was just going to go to a local hot rod shop and buy some new fittings.

found the fittings i needed first thing monday morning and went back to my friend dustins house after work.

after redoing the lines it was finally running again.

It was time to start breaking in my new Spec Stage 2+ clutch.

I was extremely happy I finally got the chance to drive the car home again.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:27 AM   #33
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This has been an awesome read man! Keep at it!
I like the style

Also, drive out to Albuquerque for No Coast Party with us its a 2 day drift event

PPS: add Navi (Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time) to your "Listen!" logo somewhere! 10/10 would buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:41 AM   #34
HGs14
Leaky Injector

finally the car was running again but it still had a bunch of kinks to work out.

-car was cutting out under boost
-blowoff valve wasnt going off
-vacuum lines needed to get redone since it wasnt going into boost properly
-exhaust was still hanging too low and scraping everywhere

so on my next day off I got new spark plugs, new vacuum hose to completely redo the lines and tucked the exhaust up properly

drove out and got some tacos with my friends!

it was awesome to finally drive the car again and take it places with my friends!

More updates coming soon!

Last edited by HGs14; 03-16-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #35
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
This has been an awesome read man! Keep at it!
I like the style

Also, drive out to Albuquerque for No Coast Party with us its a 2 day drift event

PPS: add Navi (Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time) to your "Listen!" logo somewhere! 10/10 would buy

Thanks man!

And hmm tempting!
Maybe if I get a couple friends to go with me!

PPS: surprisingly enough the inspiration behind "Listen!" Didn't necessarily come from the game but actually a song that sampled the audio... but I know what you mean by adding a "Navi" to it Lolol
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 AM   #36
HGs14
Leaky Injector

so over the next couple of days i drove the car around as much as i could.
I was heading to a local bar with some friends, while on the way my exhaust
hanger broke again and ended up turning around and dragging the car all the way back home.
In reality it wasnt that far but it sucked driving through my neighborhood
at 11 at night with my exhaust scraping every inch of road i went over.

decided it was time to dump that piece of garbage exhaust since the welds were completely destroyed...

(pics coming soon)

and picked up my friends 5Zigen fireball exhaust that he was selling for very cheap.
i planned to weld new exhaust tips to it while another friend of mine had already agreed to buy the fart can tip for his car.

while i was getting the car up and running i came across the holy grail (at least for me) of carving head 40 center caps on YAJ.

I just had to have them so I messaged streeter and he helped me place a bid on them.

couple weeks later and they finally show up.

Immediately had to put them on the car to see how the car looked with matching center caps all around finally!

i was soo stoked on these!
now i have 6 of these Mariachi Caps or as i like to call them Mexican Throwing Stars

a couple of days after my new center caps showed up to my house, my kit finally showed up to my friends shop where i had my motor resealed.
I was soo excited to finally see the kit in person and take it home to fit on the car!

my friend Eric was kind enough to help me with his truck and take the enormous box to my house from the shop.

since it was already kinda late that night i had to wait until the next day to test fit everything and make sure it was all in one piece!

woke up the next day and immediately started getting to work on the car.

put it up on jack stands and unbolted my old exhaust, Navan front bumper and OEM rear bumper, which has never been removed before but after following the FSM i found all of the bolts that needed to be removed, i mean its pretty self explanatory but just wanted to make sure i knew where i should be looking.

My buddy Tyler came over as well to help me run the turn signal blinkers into the corner lights since the new 326 front bumper doesnt have sections for turn signals.

first test fit with the front and sides

and finally the rear!

i was beyond excited to have the kit on finally after months of waiting!

friends wanted to hang out later that night and get some coffee and hangz so it was time to take the car out on her maiden voyage with the kit!

my friend Ricky, who is an amazing photographer has been wanting to do a mini photoshoot of my car but i kept having to make him wait since it has not been running for 3 months!

so that night was the perfect opportunity to do a little WIP photoshoot.

Of course I had to take a couple pics myself lol
Old 03-22-2017, 12:10 AM   #37
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Forward momentum.

I dig it man, I want to give you a hard time but i know its a WIP haha

Ill see if I can find some decent zenki lights around somewhere. Such a baller build though.

Kit goes extremely well with those Daytons

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #38
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
I literally double tapped a picture to try and like it. Haha I love your car man
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #39
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
I love this car so much. Willing to say how you made the windshield banner?
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:07 PM   #40
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
Forward momentum.

I dig it man, I want to give you a hard time but i know its a WIP haha

Ill see if I can find some decent zenki lights around somewhere. Such a baller build though.

Kit goes extremely well with those Daytons
haha thanks man, I know shes looking rough right now but soon enough ill clean up the ugly spots
im just trying to enjoy the car again,
im finally past the clutch break in period so i can drive this thing hard again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
I literally double tapped a picture to try and like it. Haha I love your car man
always remember, Rule #2 Double Tap.

you can always double tap my IG pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard240 View Post
I love this car so much. Willing to say how you made the windshield banner?
It was a combination of hand drawing, scanning into Adobe Illustrator and then finally sending the design to Lazy Rocket Vinyl to get printed.
and thanks for the kind words!

more updates coming soon!
thanks for looking!
Old 03-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #41
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Most of me was joking buddy. Don't worry it's sweet. I'm stoked on your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #42
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Saw this on the S-Chassis FB page today

Thought of you so here's some motivation. Get that ball rolling!

Also. Paint your car MP3 or LX0 (or LP0 whichever) from R32-34 chassis. Midnight purple!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-27-2017, 12:20 AM   #43
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
center caps were a major score
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:46 AM   #44
HGs14
Leaky Injector

My friend got some new BC coilovers for his 370z, he needed somewhere to install them and since he recently got out of surgery he couldn't really do the work him self
so we worked out a deal and I installed them at my house.
a bunch of friends came over and we had a chill sunday funday.

Drove up to pluckers in San Marcos with some friends to get some wings!!!

Mandatory Bucee's stop.

Drove the car around as much as i could to get the new spec stage 2+ clutch broken in.

Went over to my friends house and finally installed the MoreCOLLAGE wing back on the car!

tried going to a local meet with some friends but apparently the thing was over before we even got there!
so we just hung out and had our own car meet.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:48 AM   #45
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Ive been wanting to paint my valve cover for quite some time now and since the motor was freshly resealed and the rest of the engine bay got a new tune up it was time to paint the cover!

opted for a nice dark red for the base

I've always been a fan of lace so i thought I'd try out a simple lace pattern on top of the base layer.

getting the lace to sit tight over the valve cover was such a frustrating task.
i contemplated about 5 times just giving up and leaving it red or doing a two tone red and black... but i had already bought the lace and I didnt want it to go to waste!

I knew it wasn't going to come out amazing since i only spent $25 on materials and did it over the course of a few hours but it didnt come out too bad!

finally back on!

finally got my new exhaust tip in the mail

i was excited to get this thing welded up and put on the car!

Got the car up on the lift

got it all measured up before we started tacking welds

Super happy with how it all came out !

Had my first bad experience with fiberglass...

But i got it fixed the next day with the some help.

got the inside reinforced and painted black again!

back on and good as new!

Old 04-04-2017, 02:11 AM   #46
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Damn g, lookin claner and cleaner

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #47
HGs14
Leaky Injector

been a while since ive had any updates...

ive been extremely busy with school, work, car, social life, but I have finally found some time to get this thing updated...

finally bought some 15mm spacers so the zeldas would fit the way i want.

Finally re-arranged my gauge set up,
still needed to weld a bung for the afr but it makes a good place holder for now.

Got the car ready and went out to the first drift event since December, car ran amazing with the new cams and turbo. still needing a tune though. had a lot of fun driving and hanging with friends!

more updates coming soon!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:22 AM   #48
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
looking good cant wait
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:44 AM   #49
HGs14
Leaky Injector

At this point the car was almost ready for my first Lone Star drift event at Mineral Wells,

its always been a personal goal of mine to drive out there with friends and drive such a high speed and aggressive track.

I spent all month prepping for the event.

finally got around to hardwiring the fuel pump,
which was pretty simple with the help of my friend Tyler

Bought a new Defi Water temp sensor sender unit since the one that came with my gauges was so old and heat cycled that it decided to rip out at the base of the wires.

Ordered a new Tomei Fuel Pressure regulator with a circuit sports fuel pressure gauge.

Mounted it to the fire wall where it was easily accessible and visible.

installing the fuel rail adapter was a night mare and half.

had to disassemble my intake manifold and take off my fuel rail just to get to the two bolts that hold the stock fpr.
ended up stripping those bolt and had to take a tiny handsaw and create a new crevice where i could fit a flat head screwdriver and take it off.
I was beyond frustrated with this thing, and i literally had 2 days to get everything else i had to do before driving four hours north to Mineral wells

once i put the fuel rail and put the upper intake plenum back on it was time to run the fuel lines.
I thought it was weird that the fittings came with teflon tape since its obvious that Gasoline would eat through that immediately so i made the dumb mistake of removing it and installing them without it.

as soon as i went to turn the car on it didnt stop spewing out fuel, no matter how much i tightened the fittings.

took it off completely and decided maybe the teflon was there for a reason.....

sure enough it stopped leaking as soon as i put the tape back on.

anyways... long story short, installing the FPR took much longer than it should have.

New front tires showed up!!

these things were soo fucking sticky

MEAT

took care of a couple other small things so all that was left to do was get the car aligned and loaded up friday morning before taking off for Mineral Wells

friday finally came around, got the car aligned,
had lunch with some friends and made sure i had all the last minute things taken care of.

Drove 4 hours with 4 other friends who were also drifting that weekend.

i was the only one street driving the whole way up there.

made it to the hotel in one piece and partied in the parking lot for a while with everyone before we got some rest for saturday.

I couldnt believe i was finally here.
it had been about 2 years since the last time i attended an event here and that was just to spectate and pit crew with some other friends

I was excited and nervous but i was in for a really harsh awakening later that day....

I hit the shit out of the plastic barrier they had set up coming into the sweeper...

I guess i truly understand now the importance of "Never Lift"

I came in with a really shitty narrow line and kicked the car out but it wasnt aggressive enough and took my foot off the gas and the car caught grip and as I was still understeering i was pretty much slingshotted straight towards the barrier and i panicked.

I locked the front brakes and at that point i new shit was going to get FUCKED UP...

came out with just a few tiny cuts from the glass and a bruised knuckled from punching my steering wheel. ( i was pretty pissed )

got the car off the track and back in the pits.

Thanks again everyone who rushed out and made sure i was okay and helped me push the car back...

shout out to jyw0rld for picking up every little bit of fiberglass from my front bumper!

Sooo, the car was Fucked.... real bad.

but immediately my friends started helping me make sure it would still run.

Pulled out the front core support with a ratchet strap and popped a coupler back on and it started right up with out any leaks... which was pretty amazing.

I ended up being told by Losey, that if i take the windshield off i could continue driving.

so sure enough i spent the next 3.5 hours stripping away at the broken glass.

oddly i had probably the best time ever drifting the car like this...
I guess since i kinda stopped giving a shit about it breaking.

I learned A LOT that weekend.
about driving and good friends and great times.

My buddy whos car was still drivable decided he would street his car back home and i could trailer mine, since that was kinda the only option at this moment.

After finally getting the car home it was time to rebuild.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:14 AM   #50
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hoooooly shit.

That must have been a hard hit.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #51
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
engine build looks good.

car design meh. Hitting that wall did it a favor.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:34 AM   #52
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Glad you and the wing are okay lol
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #53
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Hoooooly shit.

That must have been a hard hit.

yeah, luckily it was like 98% cosmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post

Glad you and the wing are okay lol
thanks man! im glad nothing happened to the wing too, i wouldve been devastated.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #54
HGs14
Leaky Injector

got the car home,

and started pulling the front end back into place.

needed some kind of anchor to pull up from, sooo i used a tree branch and used the ratchet strap to pull up on the front core support.

after that was done i had scheduled an appointment for a new front windshield.
$150 later and i was squared away.

spent the next couple of days looking for a new front end.

I managed to pick up a single passenger side fender for $20 in san marcos which is about 30 minutes north of me,
but still needed the other side as well as head lights.

I had found a guy selling some fenders in houston for a good price, but that meant that i would have to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back just for fenders. then the night before i was set to leave with a buddy of mine to go get fenders, the unimaginable happened.
I stumbled across a for sale ad on Facebook, and worked out a deal with a guy selling a complete front end.

so I went to go pick up a mint pair of fenders, head lights and a Seibon carbon fiber hood all for $300.
i was beyond excited. Especially because I didnt have to drive to Houston.

Also managed to pick up a Nismo Power Brace off the guy as well, ive been trying to buy one of these for forever and finally came across one for a good deal.

finally got home and was able to get everything aligned and bolted on.
slapped on my spare hood, until i was able to get some hood pins for the carbon fiber hood.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #55
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That was quick, good to see you bounce back
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #56
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Jayem is an unknown quantity at this point
The build thread is awesome buddy! A lot more in depth than mine. But then again I've only had mine 6 months. Haha. Can't wait to do more cruising and take more pics of the cars and how they evolve. Cheers to more good times
Jayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:48 AM   #57
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

https://www.facebook.com/SChassis/po...61373160606315

Saw this and thought of you. Also. Fix your photos

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #58
HGs14
Leaky Injector

"Everyone loves a good comeback story."

Alright, A lot of shit has gone down since I last posted on this build thread and with the whole Photobucket shit show, it kinda discouraged me to move and fix every single picture that I had already uploaded to that god awful website...

but I finally have the time to get this taken care and will be updating this thing as much as possible going forward...

to anyone still interested in my build thread... thank you
I promise there will be plenty of new updates from here on out.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #59
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Man, I wish I could see all the pics lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #60
412xx

412xx is an unknown quantity at this point
came for inspiration for my 95 ... got a whole lotta photobucket fail. pls fix soon!! <3
412xx is offline   Reply With Quote