Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
liamnissansr20

Trader Rating: (0)
liamnissansr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR S13 Sr20det black top issue's need help

so I have a s13 with a black top sr mostly stock other than FMIC ISIS turbo manifold exhaust and SAFC.(yes I know SAFC is junk came with the car) so ive owned the car for about a year and a half and about 6 months into owning the car I got this weird break up that would only happen under a load anywhere from about 5500-6000 or if I stomped on it, I can hit limiter if I baby the throttle. anyways I did a boost leak test, no leaks, changed plug gap to .032, no results, new isr coil pack just one, ran it threw all cylinders no difference. so now my new issue is, that im running dumb rich blowing tons of black smoke, but afr at idle read 14.9 but SAFC wont give me any other screen other than these patterns EX. (-,/,|,\) the only information it gives me is my knock sensor screen then I hit the center button again and it shuts off. so just for shits and gigs I put new plugs in cleaned the MAF and cleaned the injectors. oh P.S. I have fuel in my oil.... sooo im thinking safc is junk but does that explain why I have fuel in my oil?
liamnissansr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
if youre running hella rich, you will be washing down the cylinder walls and you WILL get fuel past the rings and into the oil

SAFC is junk, ditch it asap. If your setup is basically stock (just downpipe and fmic and ex. mani) there is no need for anything other than a stock ecu. once you get bigger turbo, cams, injectors, etc, call enthalpy and get a reflashed ecu.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ditch that SAFC, I always hear about people having issues with them. Grab a nistune board and get it properly tuned, won't break the bank and you'll get a good running car.

As for fuel in your oil, if the car is running pig rich you could be washing out your cylinder walls with fuel, causing excess fuel to end u in your oil. This is not good and you may have caused permanent damage to your motor at this point if you have been driving it around.
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
liamnissansr20

update! rewired the ECU, ditched the SAFC, it idles now but now its dumb lean im figuring i prob need new o2 sensors just from how rich it was, new plugs are fouled but anyways i get to about 3400 RPM and it breaks up hard gonna run a boost leak test. i pulled the fuel rail out and stuck Gatorade bottles under the injectors all are pushing about the same no steady rates or dead injectors. could it potentially be FPR? or fuel pump? honestly kinda lost at this point
Old 04-24-2017, 05:49 AM   #5
Blk96t
Leaky Injector

Blk96t is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the eyelet ground coming from the coil pack harness to the back of the head. Loose or broke causes a lot of problems.
Blk96t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #6
liamnissansr20

UPDATE! first injector closest to the fan was leaking past oring and not atomizing any fuel R&R with Five0 550cc injectors RS enthalpy tune ISR FPR and new o2 sensors. car runs amazing thanks every body for the help!!