Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What's your favorite kind of sushi?

I haven't had toooo many variaties but I don't mind having some different kinds.

Mostly like the Cali-roll, and some of the tamer stuff. I usually get ones with shrimp or crab. Those are my favorite.

Recently I had octopus sashimi and spicey scallop sushi (but I don't think it was scallop cause the texture was not scallop-like).

I'm gonna go have some for lunch today.

What kind do you guys like?

PS If you don't like sushi don't mud the thread up about why...
Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i like sake, maguro, and ebi
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My fav:

Edit; thats Uni btw. Sea Urchin.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
tempura rolls, and spicy tuna rolls! woot

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways
tempura rolls, and spicy tuna rolls! woot
damn you, took the word right outta my uhh... fingers.

unagi too.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
this place in SF, Sakura Bune has a roll w/ yellowtail, fried up tempura style topped off with hotsauce. Good shit.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
damn you, took the word right outta my uhh... fingers.

unagi too.
yea unagi is good. can anyone here eat a ball of wasabi? w.o water?
i tried last week and almost choked myself to death haha

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #8
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Hahah wasabi. I love the needles feeling you get on the back of your head
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

i can barely take hot cheetos and i swallowed a ball of wasabi!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #10
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
sashimi? ALBACORE AND YELLOWTAIL! salmon but not a plate full, thats just too much
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #11
Romeyo07
Zilvia Member

Romeyo07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Romeyo07 Send a message via MSN to Romeyo07 Send a message via Yahoo to Romeyo07
dragon roll - eel, spicy mayo, cucumber roll with avocado layed over it, topped with salmon eggs, lil' bit of sesame seeds, and a sweet teryaki type sauce.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #12
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Ok so I just got back from lunch. It was pretty good. As good at any other sushi place I've been to.

HAve a question though. What the menu says "1 piece". Does that mean one long roll cust into the 6 small rolls?

BTW i had spicy shrimp sashimi, which was off the chain, cali roll, some other roll, yellow fin tuna and salmon sashimi.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #13
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

sounds like a good meal. me on the other hand just made a egg sanwhich with mayo and chedda woot!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
baked eel, mmmm.

sunshine roll is good too.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #15
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Tekamaki, Sake, Hamachi.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #16
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
ANY Sushi - I love them all...

I do prefer sashimi over sushi though... gonna love the raw fish taste!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #17
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
i'm not a fan of those orange egg thingies
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #18
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
any sushi with the word crunchy roll in it is good.

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Have a question though. When the menu says "1 piece". Does that mean one long roll cust into the 6 small rolls?

Anyone?
Old 04-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #20
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I like California rolls the best. I can't eat the raw stuff, it makes me gag.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #21
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
mmm, rainbow roll and some cali rolls. I live within walking distance of this small japanese resturaunt called Asuka. I know what I'm eating for dinner tonight.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #22
punkz
Leaky Injector

punkz is making a name for him/her selfpunkz is making a name for him/her self
California rolls I can down all day long. I love salmon and tuna as well, yellowtail is good to.

This thread is making me hungry even though I just ate.

1997 240sx ------------------------- 1993 300zx TT
punkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #23
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
ive been waiting to eat sushi for a while now. i gave up any type of rice for lent.

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #24
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
Anyone?
They are probably referring to nigiri (piece of fish on a wad of rice) compared to maki (rolled in seaweed). When they mean one piece, yeah it is just one piece.

I like

Nigiri:
Tamago (very few places make this right tho)
Toro

Maki:
Futomaki
Oshinko

My fave tho is the Chirashi.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom
They are probably referring to nigiri (piece of fish on a wad of rice) compared to maki (rolled in seaweed). When they mean one piece, yeah it is just one piece.

I like

Nigiri:
Tamago (very few places make this right tho)
Toro

Maki:
Futomaki
Oshinko

My fave tho is the Chirashi.

Ok. I like the Maki the most. Any of those rolls I can eat. Now I know what it's called and can order exactly what I want next time.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #26
603240sx

603240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
i tryed a couple diffrent kinds it just isnt for me.
603240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #27
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

eat sushi b4 an event and you'll be sidewayz all day.

like popeye and spinach.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #28
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
druthafoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
unagi is best next to straight up raw tunas
druthafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #29
OdessaS13
Zilvia Addict

OdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to OdessaS13
yup, unagi +1
spider rolls, dragon rolls, rainbow rolls , some raw fish is really good
sushi is the shit, just not when some retarded restaurants serve it on some cold rice , prolly dont know how to prepare it right (*cotsco style sushi)

1992 240sx 5 spd. - Sold / 02 Maxima Se
OdessaS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #30
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
in case you weren't hungry before
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote