Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
turboS14kid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
turboS14kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Help whp capability rb25 !

Hey here it is guys I'm sure you've heard it before. I have done my research and have seen similar threads about the same topic on RB25. But as always people get off topic or start flaming the page so for that being said I don't want any of that so keep rude comments to yourself. I'm asking because I'm unsure of safe power capability and would want advice from people who may have more knowledge/ or have attempted a stock internal high power number rb25 setup. I want to know if my motor can produce this power and keep reliability. I have s14 I'm dropping a rb25det s1 i picked up. My goal is to do 500rwhp reliability is key though this is my daily. I have rb25det with the following in engine:

Rb25det s1
Gasket where replace with oem gasket full kit from Nissan
Stock internals beside cometic 1:2 head gasket
And cometic exhaust manifold gasket as well as intake gasket
ARP head studs
Hks timing belt
Nismo thermostat
Rb26 valve cover with new gasket
Isis intake manifold with q45
Have cxracing top mount manifold the new style 600$ one
Hx35/hx40 hybrid turbo twin scroll
750cc injectors five0
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Z32 ecu tune plan rs enthaply Martin
V band 3 inch down pipe
Z32 mas airflow
2.75 hks full exhaust
Z32 transmission
Completion stage 3 clutch
Rawbrokerage intercoolerping
And fmic from cxracing
Hks bov
Rawbrokerage radiator hose

Extra stuff of my setup
McKinney 700hp drive shaft
McKinney mount
And z32 shift bracket correction plate
S14 LSD
Greddy e01 boost controller

Background on me on driving I daily very we'll had sr20det but sold due to higher horse power goals.

Some back ground on motor a family member had owned it before me and was running it stock I purchased it. The car mainly sat in garge's was daily for about 4 months and was then only token out on weekends motor was supplied with royal purple when we got it running and do oil change as we should with royal purple . Then sold to me motor sat for a while was turned on every once and a while till I gather everything that was need for my swap.

So would like to make as much power as possible but keeping safety in mind.

Please help thanks for you time .
TurboS14Kid

Ps I'm new to starting threads.
turboS14kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 03:52 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
All in the tune. If 500hp is your goal, honestly, I wouldnt get a retuned ECU. You're better off getting an aftermarket ECU (Power FC or AEM) and have somebody tune it for you. The only way an enthalpy rom tune is good for you would be if you get it dyno tuned by Martin himself.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Well I had a huge novel wrote out and it got erased so since I'm not retyping it here's the shortend version.
Rb25 cons:
Pistons&rings only good for 350-400hp reliably
Ecu is pure junk.
Short oil drive snout.
Fix those 3 problems and you can see 600hp reliably.

I would get 3"+ exhaust if you want 500hp and a larger fuel pump.

Now people have pushed a stock rb25 with larger turbo and supporting mods past 500hp. Yes it can be done but let me ask you this, how long is a piece of string? Sooner or later at those power levels something will give. You're only as strong as your weakest link.

I'm swapping in the rb26 rotating assembly to fix my short oil snout and ringlands and plan for a reliable 500hp.
Aem standalone to tune it.
I could probably push 700hp no problems but at this point I don't think I need that power quite yet.
If you have anymore questions just ask.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
turboS14kid
Leaky Injector

Fliprayzin240sx I under stand would like for it to get dyno tuned by Martin but that won't be possible cause I'm located far from him I have spoke to him was going to get a rom tune mailed he said I could achieve these number easily. And we talked about safety said it all depends in motor life of course. But said he's done 500+ whp with smaller injectors setup doing the power all day on stock internals as he has video posted but dynoed of course.

Smoked240 thanks for the information I was unaware about information on the rings

Was think of a power fc but heard their not to great any thought on them?

I have a oil crank collar extender just haven't put It in due to funds
Thinking about aiming lower. Just try to stay safe
Old 01-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #5
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I would recommend having it dyno tuned. Rb's are picky engines when you start building them and tuning is the most crucial(same with any engine)I've seen a lot of freshly built rb's blow because of poor tunes. I trailer mine 5 hours to have dyno tuned. It's worth it in the end.
I haven't dealt with the power FC personally but I've read good reviews. I opted for the aem v2 since it's pretty close to one of the best and has a lot of options.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboS14kid View Post
Fliprayzin240sx I under stand would like for it to get dyno tuned by Martin but that won't be possible cause I'm located far from him I have spoke to him was going to get a rom tune mailed he said I could achieve these number easily. And we talked about safety said it all depends in motor life of course. But said he's done 500+ whp with smaller injectors setup doing the power all day on stock internals as he has video posted but dynoed of course.

Smoked240 thanks for the information I was unaware about information on the rings

Was think of a power fc but heard their not to great any thought on them?

I have a oil crank collar extender just haven't put It in due to funds
Thinking about aiming lower. Just try to stay safe
Here's the dirty with rom tunes. Every engine is going to be different, a generic rom tune will never be great but for some it may be good enough. They will always be rich and have safe timing maps, both of these are not conducive to having an efficient engine. Gas mileage sucks and power wont be at its peak, but this is the cheapest option.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
turboS14kid
Leaky Injector

Will keep you updated how it holds up when I'm done with the setup. I will post pictures.