Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
KA Warlbro 255 on NA KA

Hello fellow Zilvians,

I have read the reviews and all the installation guides but I still didnt quite find what I was looking for. Basically I want to know what are the benefits and/or drawbacks of putting a Walbro 255 In Tank Fuel Pump on a NA KA with a basically stock fuel system with stock injectors. I already bought the fp and am wondering if its worth it or not to install it. Thanks in advance guys!
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
driftminds13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
driftminds13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i have one in mines just make sure you get it wired correctly and its wayy better then the stock one.
driftminds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
A stock fuel pump will suffice for NA power on a KA24. Get a walbro if you want to turbocharge in the future.
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Color-Hype

Trader Rating: (0)
Color-Hype is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm currently running the walbro 255 in my ka24e with plans of going sr20det in the future. The only drawback is having to refill your tank at about half as a precaution to burning out the pump. It uses the gasoline as an insulator and cooling.
Color-Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thanks guys. Will the Walbro overpressure the stock fps? Does it make the motor run rich? For those of you with the Walbro on a NA KA, did you notice any difference in performance/fuel economy? Thanks in advance!
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've run 255's on Stock KA's twice. Both times the original fuel pump went on me and it was just easier to buy a Walbro. Never had any problems with it.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Hardie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Hardie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You probably wont find any change with upgrading your fuel pump. But it is better for the life of your engine, less chance of it failing due to fuel starvation and if you do decide to do more performance mods down the track its one less thing you have to worry about.
Hardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
240SilviaX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
240SilviaX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I got a TREperformance 255lph pump in my S13 NA KA and it runs fine, and my buddys S13 coupe w/ SR and runs great. Quieter than a walbro.
240SilviaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
eytsics
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
eytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have one in my kade and no problems at all. Fuel consumption is about the same as stock ones.