Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
old school
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
old school is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
350Z - How Nissan should have done it

Kept is simple, kept it clean. This is how Nissan should have made the Z from the factory.

Fully Built Twin Turbo 350Z.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
rules not followed, how you shoulda done it before posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
Not every piece of Photo/Video deserves it's own thread. We have many that are already created that you post may be suited to. We ask that you post In these first before making your own thread. Here are some examples. There are more in chat including an intro thread.

Picture of the day thread
Random Video of the day
The Pic thread! Post pics of your cars here! *NO PICS, NO POST!* (STOP QUOTING PICS!)
Action Only Shots Thread *NO PICS NO POST!*

Build threads go into Chat or Tech depending on their content. They must contain significant progress or be complete beginning to end. Builds must be groundbreaking or unique in someway. "My oil change", "my stock SR swap", "my newly-painted bodykit", etc are commonplace and will be locked/deleted.

Photo shoots of Unique or Revolutionary cars are OK as long as they are not your own. If you have new shots of your car, please use the thread in chat posted above.

Photo Blog Reposts: Repetitively posting threads of pictures from your blog is viewed as SPAM. We enjoy peoples coverage of events but, if all your posting is just to generate traffic to your site we have no need for it.

The R&G of other forums applies here too: Chat Rules and Guidelines __________________
Comments should be taken as Opinions not as Statements of Fact.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
old school
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
old school is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my bad, mods please move.

Entire Build can be seen here
Member: Old School - Boosted Imports.com
Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm not moving shit.

Furthermore I feel like crapping on this thread. Maybe it's because I'm in a bad mood, maybe it's just my time of the hour.

That is certainly NOT how Nissan should have done it. That car is just a built 'sleeper' drag racer. Obvious oil cooler in front, a dash plastered in as many gauges as would fit and nitrous bottle in the passenger compartment are NOT things that average consumers want.

Maybe you're right, though. Gonna play devil's advocate for a sec - what if Nissan HAD done it that way? The production cost would have likely increased 10-20k, thus making final consumer cost 15-30k more, resulting in SHIT sales, and a fate similar to that of the Z32. Too expensive, insufficient demand, and termination of chassis after six years of sales.

No, Nissan did it RIGHT. Sales of 350Z were strong enough to warrant a redesign and release of the 370Z. It's JUST bland enough to be not be unappealing to the masses while retaining enough sportiness and flair to attract buyers.

If you want to talk about doing things RIGHT, let's talk 240sx. My dream 240SX would have come from the factory with 5 lug, R/Z brakes, BNR32 wheels, LSD (standard), and a small turbocharger. 5-lug hubs are easy to engineer, the R/Z brakes already existed on other chassis, same as BNR32 wheels and LSD. SR20 T25 could have been used, in addition to SR injectors and SMIC.
All of that would have increase cost, yes - but performance would have been significantly increased.
For less than $3-4k more, the 240SX could have been a serious car from the factory.

Why didn't they?
1. Americans were STILL wary of turbocharged cars, so higher displacement was seen as a more viable alternative.

2. Making the 240SX more sporty and increasing the price would have resulted in model competition between the 240SX and 300ZX.

In the end, the corporate powers-that-be made the wiser business decision and increased the gap between the models.

I understand the point you're making - 'This is my ideal car and I wish I could buy it from a dealership lot like this'. That's what the GT-R is for. Add your own nitrous bottle though.

There, rant over.

Edit: just clicked on the link.

So, am I right? This is YOUR car? You're spamming YOUR car and a link to YOUR forum on here?
To what end? Are you that desperate for attention?

Nothing against enthusiasm for the Z - that's not my beef. My beef is that you feel that your car is important enough to spam across the internet. I could see making a post in the Picture thread, with a link to the build, but it seems like you came here specifically to toot your own horn.

Rawr. I'm probably over-thinking this. I AM in a bad mood after all.

Double edit: I was in a bad mood!
Closed Thread