Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
outfronts13

Trader Rating: (0)
outfronts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mishimoto Radiator

So i purchased a fairly new Mishimoto Radiator for my 1990 240sx and I am having trouble mounting it to the stock oem mounts. The radiator itself sits fine and will mount to the top oem mounts yet is around 1in off the stock lower mounts do to the thickness of rad. Mishimoto only makes one radiator for all 240sx from 89-98 and they state it fits my car. Do i have to fab some mounts or im i doing something wrong? Im new to cars in general.
outfronts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Pretty sure s14 and s13 doesn’t have the same radiator, so that may be for an s13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:15 AM   #3
carlos.leandry12

carlos.leandry12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mishimoto Radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Pretty sure s14 and s13 doesn’t have the same radiator, so that may be for an s13

Yeah they’re different, the bottom mounts in the core support line up but no the top ones and the location of the coolant overflow is opposite

carlos.leandry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
outfronts13

You mean an S14? on mishimoto website the part number is the same for a s13 rad an s14
Old 12-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, my bad. Mishimoto may be incorrect.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
outfronts13

The guy i got it from said he had it in his vert so it weird i might fab something up for the meantime i tiewrap hell out of it
Old 12-06-2017, 06:07 PM   #7
outfronts13

I thought the upper mounts are only thing different from s14 and s13 rad.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Something sounds off. Do you have the rubber feets on the two bottom mount posts? Try posting some pics with the rad mocked up. I don't think there's even enough room in that area for the mounts to be an inch off lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #9
outfronts13

I will take pics tomorrow once i get off work. No i dont have rubber feets is that a good or a bad thing
Old 12-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfronts13 View Post
I will take pics tomorrow once i get off work. No i dont have rubber feets is that a good or a bad thing

That’s your problem. They’re little grommets that go in the bottom hole to hold it in place.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #11
outfronts13

So i need to get those what about were the radiator actually bolts on that is that is off
Old 12-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #12
outfronts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfronts13 View Post
So i need to get those what about were the radiator actually bolts on that is that is off
my stock Rad was on with two 10mm bolts and top mounts
Old 12-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #13
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Whats the part number of your radiator? Mishimoto makes the radiator specific to the chassis.

S13 - https://www.mishimoto.com/nissan-240...-89-94-ka.html

S14 - https://www.mishimoto.com/nissan-240...-95-98-ka.html
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #14
outfronts13

Mmrad-240-89ka,which means it should fit fine so i guess i need to get those rubber installation pieces
Old 12-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #15
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Double check your old radiator to see if the rubber grommets are still there. If they are just slip them on the new one. If they're not, junkyard or just buy new.
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #16
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Those rubber mounts often stick to the old radiator, and it's often just long enough to drop somewhere down the car. You had them, Go find them.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote