Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #61
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i have a JDM blower motor speed controller with cut wire... and from my DCC harness i have 5 wires cut(purple/red spots, pink/red spots,orange/blue stripes/ red spots, pink/black stripes/red spots, pink/blue stripe/red spots...

can i just plug the USDM blower motor speed controller plug to the JDM blower motor.. does it work?

also for the DCC led swap, do i just get the 4 leds out from the back of the DCC controller and just buy the same led size then plug and play?
im not really good at wiring leds....
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #62
Ragnarok043
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Ragnarok043 is making a name for him/her selfRagnarok043 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you have to use a jdm sensor. its been awhile but i dont remember rewiring anything on the sensor plug. the jdm sensor just plugged right in, the only thing is that you need to shorten the fins or else it will ground and stay at full speed.
Ragnarok043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #63
killer240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok043 View Post
you have to use a jdm sensor. its been awhile but i dont remember rewiring anything on the sensor plug. the jdm sensor just plugged right in, the only thing is that you need to shorten the fins or else it will ground and stay at full speed.
im confuse of wat u just said.. lol

wat sensor?

fins of the ?

and i think the plug thats suppose to go to the blower motor is the one that is cut.
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:01 AM   #64
raziell

Trader Rating: (0)
raziell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hi guys sorry for ressurecting bit older topic but:

can u use that digital one in s13 without air conditioning ?? (only with heater and ventilation...?
raziell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #65
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziell View Post
hi guys sorry for ressurecting bit older topic but:

can u use that digital one in s13 without air conditioning ?? (only with heater and ventilation...?
Yes.
Wire it up like Shown and just don't bother Using/mounting the Servo motor.
My race car has it in there (had an Extra unit) w/ No A/C.All you need to do diff is Skip the Servo Damper motor and just keep the door OPEN,...so jam some paper under the lever that opens and closes the door and keep it open.

I have it Just For heat For Coolant Bleeding and Track temps,..as well as if I ever drive in the cold.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #66
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
is this the ambient temp sensor? also for the blue/red switched wire can i spilce it into the green/white ignition wire that you plug into the 16 pin connector
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #67
booyaka

booyaka is an unknown quantity at this point
i know im reviving a bit of an old thread but i have a question pertaining to the subject of this post.

okay so i got a whole dcc with all wiring and all sensors. everything is still hooked up to the sub harness except for the outside ambient air temp sensor which is only connected to the connector with pigtail.

so my question is where does the sensor connect to on the sub harness?? both wires on the pigtail comming from the sensor connector are black.

booyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #68
xanu8isx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
xanu8isx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im installing the Digital climate and do i just splice the ambient sensor to the sensor outside already?
xanu8isx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #69
creyes13491
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (30)
creyes13491 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
can i use the i30 sunload sensor? or is it different from the maxima sunload sensor?
creyes13491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #70
killer240
Post Whore!

im having trouble on mine, so heres what i have. this is for my S13 by the way.

this is my door mix motor(actuator) with plug and pigtail. do i have the right one? from what i see to what other people have, they have less wires on their plugs and some have different color wires that i do.

IMG_3084 by d_2jzgte, on Flickr

IMG_3085 by d_2jzgte, on Flickr

this is my main unit connectors. where does the 2 pink wires go from the small plug(less wire plug), where does the pink and orange wire go from the bigger plug?

IMG_3086 by d_2jzgte, on Flickr

does this green wire/black stripe wire really jump from these 2 connectors?

IMG_3088 by d_2jzgte, on Flickr
and last where does this blue wire go from the 5 wire connector? and where does it plug into?
IMG_3087 by d_2jzgte, on Flickr
Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #71
chaosxsteve
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
chaosxsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hey guys for those still struggling to do this ive made a video following
driftenthusiast write up on how the wiring should be set up and a little bit of the air box, blend motor and sunload sensor set up check it out and thanks again for the write up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1dnTQMo8Y
chaosxsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #72
jhon-s13
Leaky Injector

jhon-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRoyale View Post
here are some pics i saved on how to swap the led's pretty straight forward

Sorry for thread jacking

should look something like this

or

link the page where i can buy the led to my dcc climate plz
jhon-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #73
jhon-s13
Leaky Injector

hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
Ok let's bring this back up to the top. I thought I was golden when I finished everything but I guess not. Installed the DCC with all sensors required and door actuator with linkage. Unit powers up and cycles through all modes visually no problems minus some burned out bulbs. Hot/Cold actuator moves, or at least I thought it was moving when I put my hand under the heatercore. Blower motor does not work at all with fan selection. I have the JDM blower motor speed control but USDM thermostat control amp.

When I enter diagnostic mode:

**--** TEST 3, codes (31) (32) (34) (35) (36) see below
**--** TEST 4, the actuator doesn't move when cycling through the vents. It worked before, I haven't messed with that part of the harness and now it doesn't work.

Here are pictures of each step of wiring I did according to driftenthusiast's writeup.

This is my first step. Red wire is for "Constant +12v power" to DCC harness. Blue wire is for "Ignition on +12v power". All wires have either been de-pinned and soldered or re-pinned.

Here I have left the JDM relay attached to digital control harness and removed USDM relay.

can you update the picture because i can see plz and i have one question about the relay stock and jdm sub harness did you desconect the stock relay o what did you do whits the relay's???
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #74
jhon-s13
Leaky Injector

hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
+ Rep for Rong and Ragna, swapped in the old UDSM relay and removed the JDM relay and everything works great! Actuator is cycling through the vents and fan turns on, thanks for the advice guys!
what they did the relays sub harness disconnected or left the stock relay? o did you puted both relay's?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #75
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Reviving this thread to add some info so it will be consolidated in one place for eternity.

Most of us don't get all the accesories for the DCC when we buy it...
I've found almost any mid 90's nissan with dcc (pathfinder,maxima,q45) blower speed resistor will work. It is the one on the left pictured. Cut it to the length of the stock one and the plug clips right in

Next is my LED DCC install; broadfield has a post without steps, he should receive the credit for this. (My pics)
First go to superbrightleds.com for 3mm leds, any color, and also buy some resistors. You will need 4 of each
Start by removing your stock leds

Slide the new leds into place and wrap the short wire around the track (they make contact in the front obviously

Now solder the resistor to the long wire of the led...be careful to leave enough slack to wrap through the track

Make sure the resistor wires are not contacting themselves; wrap the lead up through the track.

Simply screw back in, if they dont come one, turn the socket 180*
Old 10-19-2017, 01:09 AM   #76
Mikeyvaj
Leaky Injector

Mikeyvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Reviving this thread to add some info so it will be consolidated in one place for eternity.

Most of us don't get all the accesories for the DCC when we buy it...
I've found almost any mid 90's nissan with dcc (pathfinder,maxima,q45) blower speed resistor will work. It is the one on the left pictured. Cut it to the length of the stock one and the plug clips right in

Next is my LED DCC install; broadfield has a post without steps, he should receive the credit for this. (My pics)
First go to superbrightleds.com for 3mm leds, any color, and also buy some resistors. You will need 4 of each
Start by removing your stock leds

Slide the new leds into place and wrap the short wire around the track (they make contact in the front obviously

Now solder the resistor to the long wire of the led...be careful to leave enough slack to wrap through the track

Make sure the resistor wires are not contacting themselves; wrap the lead up through the track.

Simply screw back in, if they dont come one, turn the socket 180*
Old thread but does this set up work for s14?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Mikeyvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #77
justins13silvia
Zilvia Member

justins13silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone have pics for the dcc conversion? There’s a lot of good threads but the pics aren’t working in any of them...
justins13silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #78
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My 2014 Update DCC thread on NICO, pics work if you use Chrome Photobucket Fix Extension.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/topic590737.html
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote