Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
ad1234

Trader Rating: (0)
ad1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 Best Way To go with my s14

So I just picked up my s14 for 4000 and I was wondering which way I should go. Ive already done the research and I know all the pro's between rb25, 2jz, rb26, ls1 blah blah blah. What I really need to know is which is the best way to go with $8000 usd. What do you guys think I should do with my 8 grand?
ad1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep the KA, it's reliable. Drive the hell out of your car and when it goes boom get an LSX. I've gone through two SRs and it's just not worth it.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
best way is save your money till you can afford to install an engine the right way meaning good tune and quality parts. Its gonna cost way more than $4000 if you want things to last. Please don't be one of those who cheap out and end up blowing shit up. Use the search its a helpful tool.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Take the 8k and go to Keys and invest it on strippers and blow...

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sell your s14 and take the $8000 to get a BMW so you can get laid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
ad1234

I have 8 grand to spend. Not 4 grand and why would I buy a BMW?
Old 10-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
ad1234, just keep whatever is in there stock and enjoy the car as it is.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Suspension/steering mods,upgraded clutch and flywheel, 2way LSD, bucket seat, and steering wheel.

Then lots of seat time.

THEN add power.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #9
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Really going to ask some random people on the internet to form your opinion and tell you how to spend your money?

Well in that case, buy some NOS... the big ones.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

You know what Harry, Make it two.

..shit i gotta stop that

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #11
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I've seen you way you drive, you got a heavy foot you'll blow yourself to pieces.

IF you know all the PRO's then why are you asking random people what to do you with your $$$? Everyone is going to have different answers and opinions. You know that old saying where there is no such thing as dumb question? Well it is not true.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Take $8000, sell S14 for $4000, combine to get $12,000, and buy a used 350z.

You ain't bout this 40 lyfe kidddd.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #13
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
If I could do it all over again, I would've gone RB26. Make sure it's out of an R33 at least. 2JZ is a close second but I don't think $8k is going to get you there, even if you stretch your dollars and/or cut corners.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #14
v30magna
Leaky Injector

v30magna is an unknown quantity at this point
Go ls. You can make it happen with 8k but you gotta do your own work.
v30magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Take $8000, sell S14 for $4000, combine to get $12,000, and buy a used 350z.

You ain't bout this 40 lyfe kidddd.
This.

Geezus... Someone lock this 'which engine' thread...
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #16
CamberWear
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CamberWear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What's with all the sarcastic remarks? Oh yeah.. ill advised question and no post count... I'd be drooling if I had half your budget for my s14, and I'm sure these bozos are just salty they don't have 8k.

@Brndck is right. Knock out all the small(but important) stuff first before you put 400hp under your hood. It's common sense.

Coilovers, solid subframe bushings, diff carrier bushings, sway bars, strut bars, z32 brakes, LSD, roll bar/cage, race seat, etc. The 240sx chassis isn't fortified enough in stock form to drop in a racecar motor and be good to go.

Spend your money wisely. It vanishes quickly when building a 240. Especially when you pay for help.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #17
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberWear View Post
What's with all the sarcastic remarks? Oh yeah.. ill advised question and no post count... I'd be drooling if I had half your budget for my s14, and I'm sure these bozos are just salty they don't have 8k.
My "8k" has gone and went. Now it's "20k" and the car is still nothing but a frame sitting on jack stands. We've all been there and done that, hence the proceeding comments.

Also, Florida.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #18
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Suspension/steering mods,upgraded clutch and flywheel, 2way LSD, bucket seat, and steering wheel.

Then lots of seat time.

THEN add power.
Add brake upgrades in there too

Old 10-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #19
cdvr-s13
Leaky Injector

cdvr-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
sell your s14 and take the $8000 to get a BMW so you can get laid.
Wait, so chicks are impressed by an $8000 BMW?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #20
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaSR20DET
best way is save your money till you can afford to install an engine the right way meaning good tune and quality parts. Its gonna cost way more than $4000 if you want things to last. Please don't be one of those who cheap out and end up blowing shit up. Use the search its a helpful tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender
Keep the KA, it's reliable. Drive the hell out of your car and when it goes boom get an LSX. I've gone through two SRs and it's just not worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberWear
@Brndck is right. Knock out all the small(but important) stuff first before you put 400hp under your hood. It's common sense.

Coilovers, solid subframe bushings, diff carrier bushings, sway bars, strut bars, z32 brakes, LSD, roll bar/cage, race seat, etc. The 240sx chassis isn't fortified enough in stock form to drop in a racecar motor and be good to go.

Spend your money wisely. It vanishes quickly when building a 240. Especially when you pay for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001
My "8k" has gone and went. Now it's "20k" and the car is still nothing but a frame sitting on jack stands. We've all been there and done that, hence the proceeding comments.

Also, Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

Then lots of seat time.

THEN add power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
Add brake upgrades in there too

All these members that I quoted have gave you the most important advice concerning ANY S-Chassis car, trust them...they will not steer you wrong. I know this sounds cliche, but I bought my S14 (which is street driven also) and if you plan on drifting and new to drifting...DO NOT GO DROP 2-8K ON AN ENGINE. I know it many sound painful, but learn from the bottom man.

I planned on doing a KA-T, then decided no...I want a 1JZ (which will come in the future) but ultimately, being in college, and the fact my car is daily driven...it will be fucking stupid to do that on a budget, jeopardizing ALL reliability and more importantly, SEAT/DRIVING TIME. So I stuck with the KA. (I bought my car for $4000 and I already have $2500 roughly exact for just a rebuilt KA trans, PBM coils and getting ready to save up for complete replacement for all arms, rods etc. Just imagine how much shit could go wrong and have to replace when you transplant another engine)

Especially if you have stock parts (suspension, open/vlsd. etc) your swap in any of those engines, you will blow your shit out man, the S14 is NOT fortified enough to handle them stock.

If the KA is in good condition, drive it, learn it, push it to it's limits, but MAINTAIN IT ALSO, don't intentionally blow the shit up like the rest of those fucks who does that shit on purpose....master it, and while you mastering it, upgrade suspension, upgrade clutch/flywheel , Bucket seat...get a proper 2 way (you can get a welded, but since you have a expanded budget, get a real 2 way...Tomei is reasonably price for theirs compared to KAAZ and the other brands, I'm saving up for one, cause I don't think I want to deal with a welded on daily basis) oh yes, and as O$mo said...upgrade your brakes, especially if you going for any I6-V8 swap. Preferably the 300zx brake swap. ALL OF THIS, you will thank us, yourself and your wallet later.

Trust me man, buy accordingly, gauge accordingly, you will learn to appreciate your car, your work (if your doing it yourself) and maybe be one of the few who has pride in their car. Unless of course your unlike me, and like the rest of the trend happy, "#AINTCARE", Hoonigan, #Tankedout240 dumb fucks and just wanted to become internet famous to show you have money and don't give a shit.

Then I will say, fuck you, fuck your life, fuck your money and sell your 240. Don't you contribute to the fuckery that's making these cars approach the brink of extinction.

EDIT: I just seen your from South Florida...just to let you know, there is a NO-TOLERANCE rule for Florida on this forum. So if you fuck up, prepare for a biblical like onslaught from everybody on this forum. Please do it right, and you will achieve recognition immediately just by separating yourself from the Ebola level of plauged infested 240sx that currently resides in the state of Florida.

With that said, I wish you the best with your build, I have faith you will be one of the noticeable exceptions of Florida.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #21
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender View Post
I've gone through two SRs and it's just not worth it.
Oh really...

why is the SR20DET "not worth it"

Whats the matter with people. Does everyone have a mullet nowadays?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #22
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
I haven't blown an engine yet, is modifying a car worth it? To the average person it's pointless if you're expecting to get money in return. But if its your stress outlet well worth it. It all depends on what you plan on doing with it. I went with SR's twice, when I was in California to me it was worth it, cause of the amount of roads, and hwy's. Now I live in MD and the speed limits are different lack of hwy's and I don't track it. So I could be driving around in a KA or KA-T for half the price. Although I'm more into the car for the style and hobby. In Japan I tracked a Kouki with basic mods, worked my way from basic boost up mods and suspension, to Full turbine swap. To date my fastest time was in stock form. I have a friend that doubled the amount I spent and he was only 2 sec faster. My point its you can make a fun car with less money than you'd think. Suspension, tires and a good seat is a start if you plan on aggressive driving. And unless you like the S14, I'd try to get in a Z33. They appear to handle alot better.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #23
ad1234

thanks everyone. figured it out. but woudlnt i have to buy a separate clutch for the kat and the rb since they are two completely different engines. along with the flywheel.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #24
ad1234

Did i mention I don't want it to become a crazy drift car. I am gonna use it for drifting, but its gonna be a daily driver where I want enough power to have some fun on the roads.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #25
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1234 View Post
Did i mention I don't want it to become a crazy drift car.
Good.
Not every 240SX needs to have a cage and see 'seat time,' whatever that means, to justify its existence.
Just do not let it end up in the You're doing it wrong thread.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #26
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvr-s13 View Post
Wait, so chicks are impressed by an $8000 BMW?
Maybe you didn't understand what I meant.

Sell s14 for 4000$ and combine the $8k and get a bmw

But now I think the OP should get a fiat
I change my mind a lot

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #27
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Na-t 2j or ka-t
Done
Lol @ cage comments.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
spend 5k on airbags and 3k on overly aggressive wheels and STANCE IT BRO. HARDPARK LIFE.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #29
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Aggressive wheels... I'm thinking steelies

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #30
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberWear View Post
This is Zilvia. We're not here to spoonfeed him info he could decide for himself with just a little bit of searching. These 'which engine should I pick' threads pop up almost every week and they always end up the same way. Full of bullshit, arguing and dick wagging.

We have a search feature for this crap. Use it.