Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
krazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up NEW GTR seats

just wondering.. has anyone sat in them yet? cuz i know nissan dealerships wont even let anyone touch the car let alone sit in the damn thing... i was thinking about buying a pair and getting custom brackets and such for my next 240 if i dont get this audi i want...

i went on nissans website and did the "virtual tour" of the gtr's interior and the seats look comfy as all hell but i have no insiders input... so before i even ask how much the seats would cost i wanna know if they would be worth buying.. thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
it would probably be cheaper to buy some Bride or Recaro seats. shit look for some Evo X seats or the RX8 R3 Recaro's. im sure they would be cheaper
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
doogstein
Zilvia Member

doogstein is an unknown quantity at this point
my buddies dad has a GTR and got to take a ride in it a couple months ago. the seats are very comfy but their price would probably be astronomical and not worth what nissan would ask. for the money id suggest get some Brides instead.
doogstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I understand wanting to put some nice seats in your 240, but these things are going to cost probably $3,000 $4,000. Why not just some Evo seats or something like that?

I just don't get that. It's your money though.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
there really nice i like them, but imo there gonna be too much money, unless you can find someone who took them out to put buckets in, but i still think you'll be in atleast 2K for a pair.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
if they're anything like the rest of that car, im sure they have a bagillion sensors that will probably have a heart attack when they're detached from whatever chassis GTR they were custom built for.. the airbags will probably explode and nissan will charge you 20 grand to have them reupholstered.

that and they probably weigh 200lbs+ each

new car crap sucks,

not being able to take a wheel off a car without throwing an error code is the wave of the future.. hang on

stick with the options metioned above, r34 gtr seats look similar but are really expensive too.... id get those if youre considering r35s

Last edited by ranger240; 08-20-2009 at 11:09 AM..
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
If you do decide to get Recaros from an Evo don't get them from a dealer.

Even looking for them on Evo forums might be a bit tough...

Typically though Evo guys are retarded and ask way too much for their seats.

like this guy....

He's quoting dealer prices for his seats. 8k for recaros? fuck that noise. He's only asking 3k, but you can get them brand new from Recaro for $1300 each.

FEELER!!!2008 Evo X Recaro Seats, MINT, 600 Miles on them SO CAL! - evolutionm.net

Get IX or VIII seats if you can. Don't get X seats. They have the built in side impact airbags which would be useless to you and are heavier.

Interesting tidbit, some insurance companies have totalled Evo VIII's due to the theft of the seats on rare occasions seeing as how they cost so much to replace...
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
that and they probably weigh 200lbs+ each
Don't just spit shit out, if you don't know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPGUyqBGTTE

stock R35 seats weigh 65 lb each
Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post

Facial, all over the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

65 lbs?!

I wonder how much R34 seats weigh. I actually like the R34 seats, but they are uber hard to find now-a-days and when you spot them...they are quite pricey.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
If you do decide to get Recaros from an Evo don't get them from a dealer.

Even looking for them on Evo forums might be a bit tough...

Typically though Evo guys are retarded and ask way too much for their seats.

like this guy....

He's quoting dealer prices for his seats. 8k for recaros? fuck that noise.

FEELER!!!2008 Evo X Recaro Seats, MINT, 600 Miles on them SO CAL! - evolutionm.net

Get IX or VIII seats if you can. Don't get X seats. They have the built in side impact airbags built in which would be useless to you and are heavier.

Interesting tidbit, some insurance companies have totalled Evo VIII's due to the theft of the seats on rare occasions seeing as how they cost so much to replace...
like a 240. brand new s13 seats cost around 3500 each. i think im gonna put mine up for sale for 1000 since they have a little wear on em...
Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
If you are even interested in R35 seats just look at 350Z seats. R34 seats are dope but they are still damn pricey. You can actually pick up 350Z seats for reasonable pricing in comparison . For now I am happy with my R33 seats.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
like a 240. brand new s13 seats cost around 3500 each. i think im gonna put mine up for sale for 1000 since they have a little wear on em...
lol!

Quote:

Dang.. 65lbs is pretty heavy for a seat. The S13 seats weigh what?? 40lbs at most?

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #14
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
lol!

Dang.. 65lbs is pretty heavy for a seat. The S13 seats weigh what?? 40lbs at most?
Not even, they way like 30.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Factual information

The R35 GTR seats weigh anywhere from 65 to 72 lbs per seat, depending on whether we're talking driver or passenger side.

I have a pair for sale, $4000.00 USD per pair, if you really are interested. They come with full harness and all plastic moldings (with control switches).

Wiring them up to anything other than a GTR will be difficult. Slight chance they will fit a G or Z, but I'm only speculating.

Seats are fairly comfortable, but not as sporty as my R34 GTR seats. R32/R33 seats have always been my favorite in terms of price and comfort, as the R34 seats are fairly stiff. R35 GTR seats cannot be compared to the older generation seats; they're heated, leather & alcantara, have airbags, and are fully motorized. Its like comparing a Cadillac to an Ariel Atom.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
are going to cost probably $3,000 $4,000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I have a pair for sale, $4000.00 USD per pair,
Good guess I had.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
wings_s13
Zilvia Junkie

wings_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Me and phil just went down to nissan and they said it be 15,000 per seat! wtf lol
wings_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #18
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_s13 View Post
Me and phil just went down to nissan and they said it be 15,000 per seat! wtf lol
Translation:

Quit wasting our time. Scram.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_s13 View Post
its actually around 8-9 but that doesnt include the other parts i mentioned. i wasnt joking when i said that the r35 was the cadillac of seats.

edit: i dont know why you guys are asking the DEALER how much OEM seats cost. some things are not worth buying from the dealer: seats, wiring harnesses, dashboard, motor.......... i mean, even s13 stock garbage seats are like 3000 each new from the dealer.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
hey IXFXI I'll trade you my MY02 WRX seats and throw in a shiney pidgey!
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
ixfxi
Post Whore!

sorry, dont care for wrx seats. though, i will gladly trade from some BRIDE or RECARDO ***VARIANT*** seats... because i think VARIANT seats are awesome.

i am still waiting for my PM as to how much they would cost shipped to 91505.

variant........

its all about variation, and variating my variant seats.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #22
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
ok i'll throw in a shiney pidgey AND a charizard!
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
VARIANT you say?

anybody want to buy a variant dvd of The Hangover?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
VARIANT you say?

anybody want to buy a variant dvd of The Hangover?
haha, funny

why has anyone not thrown out s15 seats. or do they have to come from a skyline? i think for OEM seats they rival the r32 or r34 seats. but thats just me. i love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
^^ S15 Seats. That's what I'm waiting on.. but for $550-650??? Suck my toe... lol

Friend is leaving to J-land next month. Hoping he can ship me a pair or bring them back in parts in his luggage, haha.

My YouTube Channel
Old 08-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #26
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
S15 > R32 GTR ???

I've never sat in a S15 seat
Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #27
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

I've only sat in a R32 seat briefly, and I'd say its like a S14 seat as far as firmness. Though, it depends greatly on how much it's broken-in. I've sat in a S15 seat as well, but to be honest, I don't recall how it felt.

My YouTube Channel
Old 08-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #28
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

R32 GTS-T seats are the same as S14 seats...if that's what you sat in

GTR seats are much different
Old 08-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

s15 seats are nothing like GTR seats

NOTHING like gtr seats......

GTR seats are better than most, if not all recaros you can buy. this of course, only applies to jdm-sized individuals. (i cant believe i used jdm like that, god im stupid)
Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #30
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Maybe I sat in a GTS-T seat then.. Hmm...

My YouTube Channel