Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
fuel pump problem

so the ppl who had the car before me had a fuel pump cut off switch, when i was working on the car today the wires that run to the switch got pinched in the door, so i just took out the switchm and hooked the 2 wires(black w purple stripe) directly together, and i still cant get the fuel pump to come on. and the fuse is still good.

any ideas
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Engine, Chassis?

That wire triggers the relay! If the relay is good, and the fuse is good then wiring should be suspect. My guess, they fried the fuel pump circuit in the ecu.
How was the switch wired in?(direct or triggered) If you need this vehicle running, jump the 12v lead to the fuel pump power lead. Fuel pump will be on when key is in On or Run position, off when in off position.

Take a look at the ecu follow pin 104 and it's trace, see if there's any damage.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
That wire triggers the relay! If the relay is good, and the fuse is good then wiring should be suspect. My guess, they fried the fuel pump circuit in the ecu.
How was the switch wired in?(direct or triggered) If you need this vehicle running, jump the 12v lead to the fuel pump power lead. Fuel pump will be on when key is in On or Run position, off when in off position.

Take a look at the ecu follow pin 104 and it's trace, see if there's any damage.
it was on a switch,
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote