Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
dahbeeed
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
dahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 power window problem

ok, so out of nowhere my window stopped going up. but goes down just fine. when pressing the up switch i can hear the motor moving (or trying to) but nothing is moving inside. i removed the glass and window assembly and checked if it would work without the weight of the glass,...and it moves up and down just fine. i noticed also that i can hear a slight clicking when pressing up and no movement. my question is, could it be the amp or could it be a weak motor that isnt able to move the glass weight up? my car is a 90 240sx fastback. any feedback is appreciated. thanks.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
your window regulator's crap. cable's probably in a bind or fraying or jumped off the plastic pulley. take your door panel off, plug back in your window switch and lower your window so you can take the 4 10mm's off to disconnect the glass from the regulator. take out the two window stops at the front and rear of the door at the top (12mm bolts) take out your glass, undo your 3 10's to your window motor, undo your 4 12mm's that hold the regulator in. and take out the regulator. examine it or light it on fire. repair or replace with new regulator

gl

Dave
Old 07-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #3
dahbeeed
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
dahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post
your window regulator's crap. cable's probably in a bind or fraying or jumped off the plastic pulley. take your door panel off, plug back in your window switch and lower your window so you can take the 4 10mm's off to disconnect the glass from the regulator. take out the two window stops at the front and rear of the door at the top (12mm bolts) take out your glass, undo your 3 10's to your window motor, undo your 4 12mm's that hold the regulator in. and take out the regulator. examine it or light it on fire. repair or replace with new regulator

gl

Dave
the cable looks fine, i had the glass out of the door, window motor assembly out of the door and checked it out. the cable is on the pulleys just fine. ill take a look again tomorrow thanks for the input.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that's the only thing it can be...if your switch was bad, you wouldn't hear the motor moving, if your motor was bad, you wouldn't hear your motor moving...

whether it's the cable or a nother part of the regulator...the problem's still the regulator.

gl tho, you'll get it

Dave