Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
kairojya
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What size spacer for the front of me kouki

I need new tires for my front wheels. Currently i have 225/45/18 (in the picture below) on my 18x8 +35 Work XD-9's. I bought the car like this from a friend, i really want to improve the wheel fitment.

I ordered 235/40/18 this time and i know for sure it will hit the bottom perch for the spring on my coilovers. I don't have any spacers and right now there's barely a credit-card worth of clearance between the tire and coilover at that point.

I need your guys input on what size spacer to run and even where's a good place to purchase them online. I don't mind running some negative camber up front and rolling/cutting the fender lips won't be a problem.

Oh and i tried to search and failed

Last edited by kairojya; 07-17-2008 at 10:17 PM..
kairojya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
at least 20MM bolt ons, and you don't need to cut the fender lip, just roll it flat.

this may help too:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

heres a 17x9.5+12 on my S14 with 235/40/17 front, and 17x10 +18 235/40/17 rear

your search button must not be working because all of your answers can be found here:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=129865

[/endspoonfeeding]
khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
nathancolston
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
nathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i had 25mm on mine. they were 17x9 35 its been a while but i think the tires were 235x40 or 35?? . they fit nicely. i had to roll the rear a little. the front did stick out a little tho. if i did it over i would go with 20-25 in rear and 15 up front. nice car btw!
nathancolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
you searched? dude. you cant fail. look at the wheel fitment thread. find someone with the same wheel diameter/width. take your offset, subtract their offset, and get that size spacer.

id say around a 20 mil with those tires. a 25mil w/ 215/40s
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Yeah do 25mm! Gonna look cool!
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
For future reference, you could have just measured the distance of the gap between the wheel and the fender then find the closest spacer.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
kairojya
Leaky Injector

kairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of lightkairojya is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipzide View Post
For future reference, you could have just measured the distance of the gap between the wheel and the fender then find the closest spacer.
oh thats true lol, been a little out of it today. i actually slid off the highway yesterday at 80mph (rain and shit tires and boost = fail), luckily the car is mostly ok and i didn't hit anyone else

and i've looked through most of the Wheel Fitment Whore thread a couple months ago, can't remember seeing anyone with my size wheel up front, a lot of 17x9's though, just wanted a quick answer so i can order spacers tomorrow so i can get the car back on the road again soon

So where's a good place to order from? Are the Ichiba ones in the thread below good quality? I've never dealt with spacers before

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=198436

?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If you don't plan on stretching tires, get a 25mm spacer.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
kairojya
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
If you don't plan on stretching tires, get a 25mm spacer.
What do you mean? I would think that i'd need stretched tires to have 18x9 +10 effectively up front? i know for sure that 235/40 on these wheels isn't a stretch
Old 07-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #10
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
25 mill spacers in the front and some 30 mill spacers in the back. Done and Done. You really cant just get it for the front cuz it would look dumb.

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairojya View Post
What do you mean? I would think that i'd need stretched tires to have 18x9 +10 effectively up front? i know for sure that 235/40 on these wheels isn't a stretch
Nah I doubt you'd need stretched tires for that as long as you hammer the front fender lips.

Personally I'd get 38mm (1.5") spacers and 215/35's, but I don't know if you're into that haha.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
kairojya
Leaky Injector

^ oh i see what u mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Garage View Post
25 mill spacers in the front and some 30 mill spacers in the back. Done and Done. You really cant just get it for the front cuz it would look dumb.
and i know what you are saying but the spacer is just temporary and mainly just so i can use these wheels, other wise they wouldn't roll cause they hit the coilovers in the front.

the rear is a different story, since the accident yesterday i will probably get overfenders while repairing the drivers side rear QP and will be able to run wider wheels.

I just realized i said in the first post that my front wheels are 18x9 when they are actually 18x8, the rears are 18x9 (not sure of offset off the top of my head). crappy sizing if you ask me but hey like i said the car came like this when i bought it so there wasn't really much i could do, next wheels we definitely be more tastefull for the money
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #13
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairojya View Post

and i've looked through most of the Wheel Fitment Whore thread a couple months ago, can't remember seeing anyone with my size wheel up front, a lot of 17x9's though, just wanted a quick answer so i can order spacers tomorrow so i can get the car back on the road again soon
first you dont need to find exactly the same width. just pop the sizes into a online wheel offset calculator and u can compare fitment of different widths/offsets. or u can do it by hand.

second you do not need to stretch a 9+10. i have a 245 up front on a 9+15 with just a roll. it fits fine with a little over 2 degrees of camber. u could jam a 255 in there with more camber.

third for your current 8+35's. outer clearance of a 9+13mm is roughly equivalent to an 8+0mm. so you need like a 35-40mm spacer. since a 9+15 is slightly sunk in the rear, the rear needs even more than that. i personally do not even know if thats available or safe.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
id say just wait for your next wheels then. semi narrow wheels that are crazy spaced out look weird.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
id say just wait for your next wheels then. semi narrow wheels that are crazy spaced out look weird.
yep. i agree
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #16
kairojya
Leaky Injector

Yea i'm not planning on pushing the rears out that much, i don't like using spacers in the first place. I'd rather just buy the right size wheels

but until i get new wheels i have to space the fronts out at least 10mm so i guess i'll go with a 15 for now
Old 07-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #17
kairojya
Leaky Injector

Are Ichiba Version 2 spacers any good? Cause i just ordered 15mm ones

http://www.hrautoparts.com/ichibav2spacer.html