Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
p33g

Trader Rating: (0)
p33g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do you guys clean your Bride/Recaro/Sparco seats?

Hey guys, I picked up a Bride Zeta II last night off of a friend! The seat itself is in decent shape but it's VERY dirty. I have been reading a lot online about cleaning seats but the majority of the information out there is 5+ year old threads. Since bride seats are more available than ever I was curious how some of you guys are cleaning them (methods and materials)

My seat is slightly faded and I would like to restore it back to black if possible. So far I have disassembled the seat and vacuumed the fabric, I was told to use woolite dark and hand wash it. I have also heard of people re dying the fabric and was curious as to what was involved if I went this route, how would you keep the logo white and what materials would be required?

if you guys have any other methods or suggestions on cleaning and what products you've used please chime in as its greatly appreciated!
p33g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Usually sun fade is a sign of no return for the fabric, what i like to do first before taking the fabric off the shell is using a suede brush gently in down motions (never go back and forth) http://www.thefryecompany.com/Suede-...%20-%20FeedSPI to get all the trapped dirt from the top of the fabric, after that i use a suede type extension with a vacuum cleaner, usually those two steps most always clean up the seats nice if not, i go ahead and steam clean and use a Esquire supreme suede cleaner until i get my results i want..

I would advise you that if you take the fabric off and wet it completely do not let it fully dry as the fabric will shrink when its half damp put it back on and let it air dry

and P.s at the top of the seat where the bride symbol is at is usually glued if you dont glue it and clamp it down the letters and fabric will rise and look horrible.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
p33g

Trader Rating: (0)
p33g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Usually sun fade is a sign of no return for the fabric, what i like to do first before taking the fabric off the shell is using a suede brush gently in down motions (never go back and forth) http://www.thefryecompany.com/Suede-...%20-%20FeedSPI to get all the trapped dirt from the top of the fabric, after that i use a suede type extension with a vacuum cleaner, usually those two steps most always clean up the seats nice if not, i go ahead and steam clean and use a Esquire supreme suede cleaner until i get my results i want..

I would advise you that if you take the fabric off and wet it completely do not let it fully dry as the fabric will shrink when its half damp put it back on and let it air dry

and P.s at the top of the seat where the bride symbol is at is usually glued if you dont glue it and clamp it down the letters and fabric will rise and look horrible.
What kind of glue do you use, and do you just clamp it to the foam by the top? I'll try the suede brush and see how that comes out seeing as the fabric is already removed from the seat im not sure if it will do as good of a job. If i end up washing the seat the fabric will go back on and air dry on the seat! i don't have access to a steam cleaner currently but the seat is very dirty so it will need to be washed. Thank you for the insight!
p33g is offline   Reply With Quote