Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #181
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
im just messing with you, glad you finally converted. I really dig the new wheels!
I freaking love them! They're one of my favorite wheels and really glad that I were able to get them. Equips were awesome, but they were with kinda stupid specs. Super wide with high offset.

Today got the shipping code from GKtech and from the company where I got the tires from. Everything should be here next week! Oh, also ordered swaybar end links from GKtech. Can't wait to get the tires and rest of the parts so I can start to rebuild the subframe! So excited to get this project closer to finishing.

I think I'll be boring and paint the subframe black.

I'm felling in love with her again.
TBH I had a time period when I just wanted to part out this thing, but now... Never.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #182
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What’s the bay color?

Looks cool! I love non vvti JZ’s. I’m still hoarding a Greddy kit for when I finally get one, lol.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #183
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
What’s the bay color?

Looks cool! I love non vvti JZ’s. I’m still hoarding a Greddy kit for when I finally get one, lol.
It's some candy red from Honda motorbike. I can't remember what it was called, but you should be able to find it!
Old 12-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #184
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Small steps, small steps..

New tires are now fitted.
Fronts were easy to install, but the rears.. Holy fcking sht what a pain in the ass!! These things just do not want to stretch. Well, two nights of trying we got them on and I'm super happy with this size! Looks meaty, but still fairly stretches. Matches on front and rear nicely too.

Front wheels are now fitted without brake rotors so those add few millimeters of poke, but I think that the fitment will be really nice!

AAALSO!! Angle for days!! This GKtech kit gives me a nice fitment and I've never seen this much angle! I need to modify the body more to make these go full lock to other side too. They hit the cabin(?), I don't know what to call it. Interior? More cutting and welding and she'll be fine.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #185
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
S I need to modify the body more to make these go full lock to other side too. They hit the cabin(?), I don't know what to call it.
inner fender well.

those are 595s right? what spec and tire size you have that gave you grief? I was under the impression 595s were great for stretching.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #186
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
inner fender well.

those are 595s right? what spec and tire size you have that gave you grief? I was under the impression 595s were great for stretching.

That's the one!

Yup, 595 RS-R. Rear tires needed to be installed with bicycle inner tube that was taped to the wheel and tire and the whole thing was fitted on top of an 19" tire to make sure that the tube doesn't come loose from the wheel.. It really was a pain in the ass. When the tire sat to the wheel where it holds air, it was no problem to stretch. I tried to use brake cleaner, starter pilot, deodorant etc.. to make it sit, but nothing worked else worked.

The fronts are 18x10.5" with 245/35
Rears are 18x12.5" with 285/30
Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #187
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
i wonder if the low sidewall ratio has something to do with it. someone who has more experience stretching tires will have to chime in. i will be getting my first set of 595s mounted soon.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #188
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
i wonder if the low sidewall ratio has something to do with it. someone who has more experience stretching tires will have to chime in. i will be getting my first set of 595s mounted soon.
They have pretty much the same sidewall. The rears seemed to be a bit more stiffer than the fronts tho, maybe it has something to do with the width? Fronts are regular tires and rears are "XL" with higher load index.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #189
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

maybe it has to do with the higher load index? Im assuming if higher load = stiffer sidewalls (or just overall, not just sidewall).
Old 12-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #190
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

I gotta say, I'm impressed. I like how this looks now! I gotta raise her up like 20mm to be even barely drivable, but that's not a problem. I think I've overestimated the need for parts that lower my car. With this ground clarance I still have like 4" of thread left on coils. -16 degrees of camber now....

Old 12-06-2018, 11:05 AM   #191
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Has it ran yet? Like the wheels
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:24 AM   #192
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Has it ran yet? Like the wheels
Nope. I'm building everything else and then the motor. I think that you don't need an running car if nothing else works.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #193
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Happy new year everyone!

Few small things have happened in the few weeks. Nissan is finally on the lift!

Uninstalled almost the whole body kit and driver side door for easier access to the lift. Removed the rear subframe, fuel and brake lines.
Next up is removing the fuel tank, inspecting the condition of it and new undercoat for her. I'll do a full cleanup with steelier brush for the underbody to see if she has any rust on her. There is a small rust spot that will be fixed asap.

Rear subframe seems to be in pretty good condition. It will be sandblasted and painted black before reinstalling. It will be so much fun to start redoing it with new and shiny parts! Also ordered Auto Collect Storm bumper fitment guides. I hope those will make the bumper sit nicely without any quick release shit.

Small cardboard tuning things are happening with Soarer. I think that these would add some attitude to her! Z-Tune / Supermade inspired fender canards and Car Shop Glow look wing endplates. Gives her a bit more "race" style. I think these would look cool.

2018 was pretty awesome too! Me and dad got to enjoy our cars more than ever before and we actually had some time to spend together! He's 51 now and never stopping modifying his Supra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpYivJndqxw
Old 01-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #194
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Wanna know how much I love you guys? I just paid my Flickr PRO membership to keep these photos here. Fucking sucks that we can not just have one nice service for photos that is free with ads, but oh well.. I hope it' worth it.

Well, here are the updates.
Rear subframe is now sandblasted, epoxy primed and painted glossy black.

This was my first time ever using a spray gun aaaand I'm pretty proud of myself. It came out pretty good. Would say 7/10, but it was my first time and oh boy it was fun!! I am going to do some more painting in the future for sure!

Also the aluminium subframe bushings are now in and everything is bolted back to the car. Rear fitment with 1" ground clearance seems to be pretty nice! And yes, I noticed the camber arm.

Also got some plans ready for near future.

#1 Wiring specialities engine wiring harness
#2 AEM Infinity 506 ECU
#3 AEM CD-7
#4 Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2 x2

I love how cheap and relaxing this hobby can be

And I think I am going to run to some problems. What I've looked up, there are not any R154 -> S13 ABS open differential driveshafts straight to buy. Any tips?
Old 01-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #195
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
How about a different diff then...
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:01 PM   #196
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
How about a different diff then...
Not really avaible in Finland and shipping for that kind of an item kills me. Shipping for one is more expensive than the item itself.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #197
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Call Xcessive, I'm sure they can make you what you need.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:58 PM   #198
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Call Xcessive, I'm sure they can make you what you need.
Already sent them an email and now I am just waiting for an answer to see if they can make it.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #199
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

drive shaft shop.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #200
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Got an super fast reply from Xcessive and they are able to provide the ABS version of the driveshaft and surprise, the shipping is NOT bad. I can not remember what the other place was in the states, but the shipping was around 600usd to Finland. Xcessive was able to give a offer where the shipping was only a bit over 100usd. That's what I am going with.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #201
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Some updates!

One night I decided to cut up the intake manifold and see how to make it fit. I were a bit scared when doing the first cut that I've spent way too much money on this to fail. Well, after some cutting, adjusting and more cutting we made it fit! So happy with the final results!

Now I need to make a custom bracket for the throttle cable as the tb needed to be flipped 90degrees to have any chances to make it fit. Should not be a bad job tho!

I promised myself that I'd never get my diff welded up.... Well, now I have a welded diff on this thing. Also painted the differential as I took it apart. Sorry for the shitty quality image, but you get some idea how the rear and front suspensions are now looking.

Finally, freaking finally I got some motivation to reinstall both lambodoor hinges and adjust them. They are custom made and did have some problems, but nothing major needed to be done. I'm really surprised how well they close. They feel almost like stock and have zero problems now.

And to the best part! Today I received two Garrett GTX2860R Gen II turbos! Delivery time was only two days! They look awesome. I hope that the stockish 1JZ won't be too laggy with these. :-)

If everything goes as planned, tomorrow I should get my new brakes. I heard some good reviews from few Finnish fellas with D2 brakes so I got myself a full set of them. 8-pot 330mm set on front and 4-pot 330mm on rear with e-brake on caliper. I'll get some Z32 brakes later on for the hydraulic handbrake that I've not yet ordered. Still waiting on the wiring specialities engine harness and ECU, but they should be here pretty soon. Xcessive driveshaft, R154 extension piece and AC delete bracket have also been ordered! Trying to make some quick progress soon!
Old 03-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #202
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Hooly moly these brakes are huge! Easy to install to be honest. Rear had only a small issue with making the adapter brackets fit with the Gktech knuckles, but just small trimming of the adapter solved the issue. Also the brakes did not fit on rear as they were hitting to the wheel. Using a super small 5-6mm spacer we will be able to run them without any issues. Front was direct bolt-on with no need to trim etc.. I think that the purple looks pretty nice with the blue.

Also test fitted the turbos and I am absolutely in love with it. I don't usually get hyped of shit I am doing, but looking at the engine bay, I'm starting to get a small smile on my face. Not sure if I like the compressor housing being matte grayish. I don't know if I want to polish them or not..

Old 03-17-2019, 08:03 AM   #203
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yo I am normally not into that aero but I really like this. This thing is going to be nice.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #204
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

all these legit parts..... and then bam, the welded comes crashing in.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:51 PM   #205
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
all these legit parts..... and then bam, the welded comes crashing in.
Hahahah! Exactly my thoughts. Well, I am pretty sure that I'll break that shit up in no time and then it will be replaced with something nice. I want to try it and give my opinion about it. 99% sure I'll scream out loud "IT FUCKING SUCKS"

Oh btw! Xcessive R154 relocation piece and AC compressor remove bracket came in and I just test fitted the bracket. The power steering pump has a one mount that is hitting the intake manifold and I'll just cut it off. It's the stock one that goes to the engine. I hope I'll not need it...

Also the driveshaft is at customs and I'll pay the taxes for it tomorrow and I just received email from Wiring Specialties that all my stuff is on the way to Finland! More about it soon as I have all the parts at my hands.

Next up is ordering a radiator. I'm thinking about Mishimoto SR20 radiator as it seems to be "small" enough to fit to the engine bay with the 1JZ and still have plenty of room left with zero cutting.

What I still need to get this thing running are:

-Bosch EV14 1300CC injectors
-"R8" coilpacks
-Spark plugs
-Fuel pressure regulator
-Fuel lines
-Intake piping & intercooler
-Radiator
-GTX -> V-band downpipe adapters
-AEM CD-7
-Some brake lines
-Some custom wiring to make everything work for the ECU
-Some water and oil lines
-Powersteering lines

And all this should be done in 30days as I have a car show coming at easter. I hope I'll make it and I am trying my best to make it there. I'll keep you updated!
Old 03-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #206
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
man, I will be honest, not really my style but I can really appreciate the craftsmanship on this! fantastic job! loved reading the build thread, keep it up!
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #207
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Something has happened in few weeks!

I did not have any inspiration to take pictures of everything, but I hope you believe that I've been doing something else than smoking cigarettes and looking at anime tiddies at the garage.

Well. Got the driveshaft, R154 extension piece and ac delete bracket from xcessive and threw them on like a week ago. Also the stock fuel tank was cleaned entirely. I used undercoating to make it all black again and it looked really nice. I promise to take some pictures for you! Almost forgot that I got an Walbro 450lph fuel pump and installed that too.

Yesterday I received the long waited wiring harness from Wiring Specialties and they are good as people say. Amazing quality on it!! I truly, truly fell in love with it when started the installion. With everything labeled, the installion is super easy. No need to think anything else expect how you route everything. Super happy with it! Refurbished stock crank pulley and painted it black. Easy fix for old and crusty pulley is simply wire brushing it good and painting it.

Today I got my "R8" coil packs aka. Audi 1.8 turbo coils that are shorter than the R8 ones. These are the same shit as the R8 ones, but just a bit shorter to fit under the stock spark plug cover.

Some engine bay pictures for you so it's just not text.

I redid valve covers after drilling them for AN breather hoses. This time I had some clear left and threw few coats on them for easier cleaning. Dipstick was shortened and reshaped to fit nicely between intake manifold runners. No poking and being allover the place. Super happy how it turned out!

At friday I'll be going to my buddies shop and pick up injectors, piping, hoses, intercooler etc.. small shit so we can do some nice progress on the engine bay area. Tomorrow I'll be banging my head to the wall while trying to figure out where to route wiring harness so it's not so visible. Not really liking how it sits on the stock spot.

Me and my dad have been trying to figure out how to route oil- and waterlines for the turbos. We're getting there, but time is the problem. 15days left to the show and this is how the car is looking. Keep your thumbs up that we make it!
Old 04-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #208
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
wow! very cool to see updates on this! your soarer and dads supra look fantastic!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #209
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Hooly moly I've had few long days with this thing!

Here's a story for you.

Sunday: Everything is installed and ready for start. Hit the start button -> no starting. Whaaaat?? Check wiring again and see that everything seems to be okay. Test the starter with straight 12v and no starting. Starter is broken. For fucks sake... Luckily I had one spare 2JZ starter sitting on my desk ready be sold. I installed that and we have a working starter!! It's 4.00am at this point and I decide to give up for that night.

Monday: Notice that we're not getting any fuel pressure. Pump is working, but no fuel is flowing. See if it possible to have ground and 12v wires mixed. Well, there's the problem! Easy fix. No leaks found and no E85 smelling in the garage. Time to start this bitch!! Nothing.. Cranking is happening, but she ain't even trying to start up.. Start to see where the problem is in the ECU and everything seems to be okay. Ask few friends to see if they're having any ideas. One guy told me that VAG short coil has different pinout than the normal and long length coils. There's my problem! Repin the connectors and we're having a spark! Timing seems to be okay when testing it out when tested out with timing light gun. 10degrees on ECU and 10degrees on engine. Still no starting up. Clock is almost 00.00 at this point and I am starting to get nervous that something is wrong in the engine or injectors etc... Time to go to sleep.

Tuesday: Now it is the time to see what the fck is wrong with this thing. One friend of mine who is good with ECU's helped me see if there is something wrong with mapping of the AEM and everything is OK. No starting up. Recheck timing, do compression check, check all the grounds, adjust fuel and timing etc.. and no solution seems to be found.

After having a long discussion with Finnish Supra Club members, one of them had a problem with AEM ECU where the crank trigger is for some reason reading it 180degrees wrong. After receiving that message, figure out if it possible since the fuel seems to be firing exactly 180degrees wrong. Quick thinking and making a custom firing order that is 180degrees wrong. She starts!! She's alive!! After five years of building, spending stupid amounts of money and time to this thing, it is so so so good too hear her running for the first time in my ownership. After some thinking it could be possible to adjust crank trigger 360degrees and it is. Reset the firing order to the one it should be and she starts up like it's nothing! Everything works now and she's running with a rough idle.

Sorry for not taking many pictures, but I've been so busy figuring all these problems out and I am getting super tired for working on this so long at night and still going to my daily job at morning.

Here's a few for you and the first startup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24hOKwDPOc
Old 04-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #210
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
very awesome congrats on getting it started up!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote