Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
Jrguzman
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jrguzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Oil pools on all piston tops

So I just finished rebuilding my ka24det, due to detonation damage in all cylinders. I start up the engine for the first time and it's running very strange exhaust manifold glowing red and backfires ect. Checked timing on distributor and it was a tooth off. After it was running great! Except now I'm having a problem with oil smoke (blue) after engine is warm. I have one of those bore scopes cameras so I decided to check out the piston tops. I found that all of them have small pools of what appears to be oil settling on the exhaust side. The spark plugs look good from what I can tell. I changed the valve seals and some of them were bad / floating on the valve stem. So I figured great this will be an easy fix. Nope still getting smoke. All the work done on the rebuild.

-head decked
-valve job, seats, guides
-valve lash ( cut tip of valve to correct spec)
-tomie 1.2mm head gasket
-arp studs
-upgraded to oil relocation and cooler
-retune on ecu
-blow through maf
-isr t25 / t28 turbo ( sitting for about a year new bnib)

It's seems to blow blue smoke if I give it quick heavy throttle and if I let the engine idle for awhile it will blow out a decent size cloud.

The bottom end was also built about a year ago
Cp pistons eagle rods clevite bearings

Also the compression test results are very high 205 cold in all cylinders and 215 warm. Before the rebuild it was 145/ 155 avg.

But due to the oil in the cylinders I feel that it's giving inaccurate readings.

Next step is leak down.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Again

Jrguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links