Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Z32 BMC flare fitting

Hi there, I'm doing the z32 BMC on my s13 with z32 brakes, but I'm not sure on where to get the middle flare fitting. Does anyone know? I already tried cutting them out of my stock one and it didn't work. Thanks!
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2017, 12:52 AM   #2
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I actually stick a hex key into the fitting and wiggle it out.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
jdl1527

Trader Rating: (2)
jdl1527 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm going through the same swap as you right now, when you say that you tried cutting out the old one, but it did not work, what do you mean?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdl1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl1527 View Post
I'm going through the same swap as you right now, when you say that you tried cutting out the old one, but it did not work, what do you mean?

When I was cutting it the Dremel went too far and nicked the fitting causing it to not create a proper seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
jdl1527

Ah, a better way would be to use the dremel to cut access behind the fitting and then use a punch or drill bit to hammer it out

Old 03-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Ah, a better way would be to use the dremel to cut access behind the fitting and then use a punch or drill bit to hammer it out

Right, realize that now lol. Do you know of anywhere you can buy those fittings?
Old 03-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
jdl1527

No, looked long and hard, your old BMC should have 3. If not, like I said I'm going through the same thing, I can send you one once I get mine out.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #8
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
No, looked long and hard, your old BMC should have 3. If not, like I said I'm going through the same thing, I can send you one once I get mine out.

You'd be a life saver man. I'll float you a few bucks if you could mail me a few. Go ahead and shoot me a text at 206 566 9749. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 10:40 PM   #9
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Grab a hex tool or "L" wrench that fits in the fitting whole and wiggle it out from your old BMC. There no need to use a Dremel.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote