Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send them back?

So, the thousands of children/illegals from central America is a raging topic again.

I personally could not stomach sending children back to be forced into gangs and die in a warzone. Any of us here would do the same that they are doing. By us just trying to throw away the problem by sending thugs back there for the past 20 years has continued to magnify the problem of mass crime.
I don't understand why we can accept thousands from Cuba but not anywhere else in a humanitarian crisis? We could do so much more but the racism and greed is out of control in my opinion

If we should have invaded anywhere it should have been central america. This is our own backyard and its only going to get worse

And ol Gov Perry just now after a decade wants to send troops. I think its a political move for office.

What are your views?
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I believe this is an extremely touchy topic. It's almost impossible to remain neutral on this topic.

But I will highly agree with you the racism and greed being out of control.

In my opinion, there is ultimately no kind of solution to this problem with a favorable compromise. Central America for fact is known for it's corrupt politics and lack of government control over its country. I could say "It's Mexico and etc. problems, let them fix it, send all immigrants back" but it's truly not that simple. Central America has a STRONG presence of drug cartels, gangs and paramilitary factions. This problem I do believe we cannot solve in THEIR homeland. Everyone wants us too, but we can't.

The reasoning most of the immigrants are leaving is for that reasoning. Most want a better life than what they're currently experiencing. I think truthfully the problem is, do we want to take the responsibility of saving them? the kids? the women?

This point of this entire immigration problem becomes blurred. We have to keep in my mind, not everything in the media we see is entirely true. There are immigrants that have came over, who is extremely violent, bringing in drugs, committing crimes against other Americans, creating potentially big gang problems for cities.

Simply there is just too many factors to effectively decide what's the best thing to do. We could bring and provide sheltering and stability for the kids and children...BUT, what about their separation from their mothers? their fathers? the safety condition of the shelter we could provide? rape? molestation? child abuse? racism? There just too many factors to effectively diagnose a solution to this problem.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
We can solve the problem.

Legalize all drugs.

Bam, no more cartel or drug gangs.

Creates jobs and more tax money.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just don't understand why they don't fight against the gangs. They are running away instead.
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurud View Post
I just don't understand why they don't fight against the gangs. They are running away instead.
I got into a fistfight with 7 guys with guns once.
I was murdered on the spot

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lets bring every countries children here and just drop them off at the boarder.

Tax dollars can support them, right? Just like tax dollars already support a corrupt government, endless welfare and food stamp recipients...

Hell, while we're at it, lets adopt a foreign country and send them billions of dollars in "AID".

SPEND ALL THE MONEY! HELP ALL THE PEOPLE!

TAX THE AMERICAN PUBLIC TO DEATH WITH SHIT THEY WANT.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Some of these kids really do have a rough life, but then again so do the other millions of kids that you DONT hear about.

I as an immigrant from mexico coming from a immigrant family, we feel for these kids because at one time that was us, but no one gave my family humanitarian aid or a refugee home we had to PAY just like every other immigrant to become residents later to become citizens. if anyone has ever gone threw this process than you know its alot of money and the main thing WE PAY TAXES.

So i think they should send them back. how can countries not give a shit about THERE citizens because of gangs? corruption? Fucken do something about it we dont ask other countries to fix our gang and corruption problems. I really feel sad when i see these kids on tv i ask myself where the hell are there parents at? the only people who are gona the shit end of the stick is the U.S tax payers and it will open a huge door for other countries and more immigrants to rush kids moms baby's to the border that for the most part DONT PAY TAXES. its like when Fidel Castro opened up the cuban harbor to let people go and he sent all the criminals.

Bottem line i feel sad for the KIDS, but its not fair to the TAX payers and other people who have been threw the system and earned there place in the U.S.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I got into a fistfight with 7 guys with guns once.
I was murdered on the spot
hahaha, sig worthy
Old 08-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send them to Detroit or Atlanta. Pretty sure that is the equivalent of sending them back.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Send them to Detroit or Atlanta. Pretty sure that is the equivalent of sending them back.
Maybe Detroit... People actually still live in and travel to Atlanta for reasons they will not regret immediately upon arrival.

And I write too!
Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
People actually still live in and travel to Atlanta for reasons they will not regret immediately upon arrival.
I don't believe you.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I don't believe you.
I'll be sure to send you pics when I go in September

And I write too!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #13
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Atlanta is not NEARLY as bad as Detroit. Our state can actually pull their own weight.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #14
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Hell, while we're at it, lets adopt a foreign country and send them billions of dollars in "AID".
Take all the money from Israel and give it to Mexico's 2 uncorrupted government officials to fix their country.

We are trying to perform open heart surgery on Mexico with a spork and confused why it isn't helping... all while arguing about whether we should be using a fork or spoon instead...

But, Israel... GIVE THEM ALL THE MONEY!
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #15
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Israel is at least an ally.

What about all the money we give to Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan, etc? They wipe their asses with it and turn around and use it to fund groups that only exist to kill Americans when given the chance.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #16
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We shouldn't be sending any US tax dollars to any other country. And Mexico effectively disarmed most of their citizenry, so naturally the criminals will be the primary ones with guns. I remember reading about some vigilante group in Mexico that obtained some firearms and was going after the cartels. Don't know how far they got, but that would be a start to turning around the corruption in their country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send them back. More than half of them won't have anything positive to contribute to the U.S.
It is pretty cruel with the fact that they are children but still, can't go around the world trying to help everyone out.
I believe no other country but their own can fix themselves. That will take people to stand up and fight for their safety, they are only facing other humans just like them.
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Send them back. More than half of them won't have anything positive to contribute to the U.S.
It is pretty cruel with the fact that they are children but still, can't go around the world trying to help everyone out.
I believe no other country but their own can fix themselves. That will take people to stand up and fight for their safety, they are only facing other humans just like them.

would have been great for the folks at immigration to turn your whole family away because of their opinion that you would not have anything of value to add to this country.

I love how people are against people trying to come to this country by any means possible yet dont realize the hypocrisy of this belief. 99% of the US population wouldnt be here if nobody immigrated.

legalize drugs, black markets fall apart

slash defense budget invest proactively in other countries and on our own domestic/infrastructure issues.

ban lobbyist groups from participating in legislation.

I know its a hard pill to swallow but gasp! the US is actually the main reason for a lot of problems in the world.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #19
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
We shouldn't be sending any US tax dollars to any other country. And Mexico effectively disarmed most of their citizenry, so naturally the criminals will be the primary ones with guns. I remember reading about some vigilante group in Mexico that obtained some firearms and was going after the cartels. Don't know how far they got, but that would be a start to turning around the corruption in their country.
Agreed. Funneling money and guns *cough*operationfastandfurious*cough* is not going to help rid the Mexican govt of corruption.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #20
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
Some of these kids really do have a rough life, but then again so do the other millions of kids that you DONT hear about.

I as an immigrant from mexico coming from a immigrant family, we feel for these kids because at one time that was us, but no one gave my family humanitarian aid or a refugee home we had to PAY just like every other immigrant to become residents later to become citizens. if anyone has ever gone threw this process than you know its alot of money and the main thing WE PAY TAXES.

So i think they should send them back. how can countries not give a shit about THERE citizens because of gangs? corruption? Fucken do something about it we dont ask other countries to fix our gang and corruption problems. I really feel sad when i see these kids on tv i ask myself where the hell are there parents at? the only people who are gona the shit end of the stick is the U.S tax payers and it will open a huge door for other countries and more immigrants to rush kids moms baby's to the border that for the most part DONT PAY TAXES. its like when Fidel Castro opened up the cuban harbor to let people go and he sent all the criminals.

Bottem line i feel sad for the KIDS, but its not fair to the TAX payers and other people who have been threw the system and earned there place in the U.S.
Clearly what we've been doing for the past 20 years hasnt been effective at all.
Once we send them back they will just give it another try once again. This time more likely as a hardened criminal.
Parents are sending their children along with their life savings to escape death. So for those of you who were lucky to immigrate here and say they aren't sacrificing is completely ridiculous. In central America, it's getting to the point that either the youth joins a gang or dies. You we're lucky and had much better circumstances than others. Because you were able to do something is never a justification why a million others can.
This has not even remotely close to what Fidel Castro did. Children don't equal hardened criminals

What's fair for the taxpayers is irrelevant right now. It's going to cost you alot more in the future than what it would now. Eventually it's going to get so bad we're going to have to hit this problem head on. Or just continue to ignore it and the number of illegals trying to make it through the border by 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Take all the money from Israel and give it to Mexico's 2 uncorrupted government officials to fix their country.

We are trying to perform open heart surgery on Mexico with a spork and confused why it isn't helping... all while arguing about whether we should be using a fork or spoon instead...

But, Israel... GIVE THEM ALL THE MONEY!
Lobbying at its finest
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
You don't become the most powerful country in the world by acting isolationist. Sorry but hegemonies are the world police. With great power comes great responsibility(cheesy but true). And yeah you can't help everyone. But in this situation why would you not? I can't change the channel without seeing someone complain about the violence, higher taxes etc. Complain, complain, complain, but do nothing.

There has to be direct action with these governments to help/force them solve the problems, instead of sending money to corrupt politicians

Just think of the trillions of dollars we could of spent in the Americas and how much better this side of the world would be right now. I guarantee they would have better economies and we would have far less trouble from illegal immigration and gang violence
Old 08-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #21
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Luck had nothing to do with it player.
theres people that want to work, and people that dont want to work.
those that work EARN.

But i see what your getting at, if you give these kids a chance they will have a HUGE chance at life, but that just opens the door to give people a reason to send waves of kids to the border and some one is going to have to pay for it.
and if you really think some of the "kids" at the border havnt killed anyone before leaving home your very mistaken.

and to the dude that said that the citizens started arming themselves and fought the cartels YES!!!! your 100% correct they did turn the tide on there local cartel BUT!!!!! they took over there business and they are now Under new managment.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #22
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
Luck had nothing to do with it player.
theres people that want to work, and people that dont want to work.
those that work EARN.
yeah it had a lot to do with it. I guarantee if you weren't born into a certain life and able to meet the many certain circumstances you wouldnt be here legally

Im am no way doubting that what your family had to do was extremely difficult however if you don't meet the long list of certain criteria, you will have no chance of legal immigration.

Quote:
But i see what your getting at, if you give these kids a chance they will have a HUGE chance at life, but that just opens the door to give people a reason to send waves of kids to the border and some one is going to have to pay for it.
and if you really think some of the "kids" at the border havnt killed anyone before leaving home your very mistaken.
And yes someone is going to have to pay for it. That's the cost of ignoring problems that we caused.

Quote:
and to the dude that said that the citizens started arming themselves and fought the cartels YES!!!! your 100% correct they did turn the tide on there local cartel BUT!!!!! they took over there business and they are now Under new managment.
im all for it, but cartels have big money and bigger guns. Unless they get some help in the future it's not going to turn out good for them, especially if major cartels get involved
Old 08-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #23
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Israel is at least an ally.

What about all the money we give to Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan, etc? They wipe their asses with it and turn around and use it to fund groups that only exist to kill Americans when given the chance.
I agree on that point AFSil80 but we shouldn't help israels weird nutcase ideals

To me..at least it seems:
the US sends AID (payments, fighter jets, missiles, guns) to other countries to do its dirty work and favors....
American leaders believe in this idea sadly:
nothing to be gained , nothing to be spent.

that's were the greed of this country comes in, that you guys pointed out.
they spend it terribly on themselves and try to look good, and we pay it..
Good citizens with a terrible goverment, may the Gods help us.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #24
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
We send Israel money and technology so they don't nuke everyone.

We give out work visa's like candy.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechcons...ou-Might-Think

Border jumpers are one problem. But Visa overstays account for 35-50%(depending on who's numbers of course) of illegal immigrations.

The kids coming in are like 1% of the people crossing the Mexican border. It's a great story for the press and politicians to trump up. It's only really noteworthy because most of them get caught. That's why it's so taxing on the border patrol.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #25
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
You have a point. Its interesting how this is, I wish we found a way to have the system work better.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #26
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post

would have been great for the folks at immigration to turn your whole family away because of their opinion that you would not have anything of value to add to this country.

I love how people are against people trying to come to this country by any means possible yet dont realize the hypocrisy of this belief. 99% of the US population wouldnt be here if nobody immigrated.

legalize drugs, black markets fall apart

slash defense budget invest proactively in other countries and on our own domestic/infrastructure issues.

ban lobbyist groups from participating in legislation.

I know its a hard pill to swallow but gasp! the US is actually the main reason for a lot of problems in the world.
lol so much ignorance.

So I take it you are volunteering your paycheck to help support those children?
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #27
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Lets bring every countries children here and just drop them off at the boarder.

Tax dollars can support them, right? Just like tax dollars already support a corrupt government, endless welfare and food stamp recipients...

SPEND ALL THE MONEY! HELP ALL THE PEOPLE!

TAX THE AMERICAN PUBLIC TO DEATH WITH SHIT THEY WANT.
This......

Why do we burden our country with endless help and contributions when our own country is in need ?

You have to help yourself before you can help others.

Ever had advice from a guy without a job ?

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote