Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #11371
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I guess some cars decades ago did have yearly refreshes, i'm assuming due to lack of sales each year. But in general it wasn't as common.

I think 3 refreshes over nearly 10 years of production is a pretty good sign of a car people love (180sx for example).

Yearly model refreshes, probably not so much of a good seller..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #11372
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I guess some cars decades ago did have yearly refreshes, i'm assuming due to lack of sales each year. But in general it wasn't as common.

I think 3 refreshes over nearly 10 years of production is a pretty good sign of a car people love (180sx for example).

Yearly model refreshes, probably not so much of a good seller..
No, everyone did it back in the 50's/60's, at least among American manufacturers. Honda re-did the Fit after only selling it in the US for the 07 and 08 model years, they re-did it again with the next generation only getting 09-11 before a light refresh for 12-13 and a full new platform for 2015.

Generally three years is the mark for refreshing cars, whether popular or not, the goal is for the car to never get stale.

Unless your Chrysler or Japanese Chrysler (Nissan).
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:40 AM   #11373
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As old as the GTR is this thing is pretty damn dope.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/29/...epower-603641/
Old 06-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #11374
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Not as ugly as that Vision GTR concept, but still pretty ugly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmGawXG8mYo
Old 06-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #11375
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Oh really? I love it.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #11376
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
they should just call me instead.

no trunk? definitely. dont like those roof lines.
copoff the rear of gtr vision.

i saw the vision on Ginza nissan store. it's visually eye pleasing. i stopped numerous times just to gaze at it.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:57 PM   #11377
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like the gtr concept, although i have mixed feelings about the flashy gold accents. It's a sleeker, more modern progression from the arguably outdated gtr. Of course, Nissan would be non-comittal about releasing anything, but I doubt anyone would be surprised or care enough to be disappointed at this point.

Italdesign has some more outrageous designs that I find a lot of fun and most likely polarizing. I love their Duerta based off the lambo huracan.

https://www.italdesign.it/
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #11378
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Oh really? I love it.
There are aspects that are improved over the R35 for sure. But the rear end makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #11379
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I'm into it.

But I also really like the R35.

The R35 is such a strange car for me. I LOVED it when it came out. Then from 2010-2016 I was not into it at all. Now I think it is neat again.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #11380
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Its a strange time when badass GM and Ford cars are being replaced with Kia’s. Still linda mad i didnt get a Stinger.

https://jalopnik.com/australian-cops...alc-1827361539
Old 07-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #11381
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
i would have buyer’s remorse too. The stinger’s a nice package for the money. Looks a lot nicer in person too, imo. I like it a lot more than what japanese manufacturers are offering today. Its like a poor man’s S5
Old 07-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #11382
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
i would have buyer’s remorse too. The stinger’s a nice package for the money. Looks a lot nicer in person too, imo. I like it a lot more than what japanese manufacturers are offering today. Its like a poor man’s S5
I do love the shit out of the XC40oz though. Also, there’s so few of them I should be in super good shape for trading it in for a V60 R Design when those hit the dealers.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #11383
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So the Supra is going to be in NASCAR.

NASCAR.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyo...irst-look/amp/

Old 07-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #11384
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Holy hell that's ugly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #11385
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The ONLY positive I can gather from this is they seem to be using the MKIV Supra font, which is awesome.

The rest though is pretty tough to look at.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #11386
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Hahaha Nissan thinks they’re going to sell the GT-R50 for $1,000,000.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/09/...-gt-r50-price/
Old 07-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #11387
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

Ya love the car but they’re on drugs with that price. I would just go buy a Ford GT and call it a day . Lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #11388
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:

I'd buy a house and a normal GT-R with that money.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #11389
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Its not goint to be hard for Nissan to lure in 50 more suckers.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #11390
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
that supra is hideous. I suspect that r50 will go the same way many LFAs did, some sitting unsold. as of last august there were 12 LFAs in the US that hadn't sold yet. I don't remember exactly how much LFAs were, but they are no where near 1 mil
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #11391
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Lfa was north of $300k. And the more I see of the new supra, the more I don't like it. It's too...bulbous.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #11392
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
I believe that was just to lease it tho. IIRC you had to lease it for two years prior to purchase, this kept people from turning around immediately and flipping them. im sure you had to pay more once your lease was done to own the car.

somewhat related (but not to this thread), but I read a story recently about a guy who makes roughly 75k flipping dodge demons. hes on his fourth now, but it weird to see some car companies get so protective over their new creations, and then you have dodge who doesn't give two shits. lol
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #11393
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Because I'm in a weird sadistic mood.

Remember the time this almost happened and then Nissan shoved a knife in our side, twisted it around and then yanked it out?

Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #11394
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Remember the time this almost happened and then Nissan shoved a knife in our side, twisted it around and then yanked it out?

would you expect anything different?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #11395
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:

[IDX cocktease]

Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #11396
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Quote:

Why bro?? Whhhhhhyyyyyy? You're pouring salt into a wound that hasn't healed..... not cool.

I had my heart set on this beauty sooooo bad!! I have to go and drown my sorrows now.
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:32 AM   #11397
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
...and why the hell is it still on their website as a concept vehicle. Such a fucking tease.
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #11398
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/14/...fastest-brick/

Wow, at least Nissan is planning a new GTR. They haven’t even started working on it yet though. Lol.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #11399
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Am I the only one who was never, even for a second, excited about the IDX?
Old 07-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #11400
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Nope. Didn't even know it existed till I read about it here.